Nero 8 is coming

Huh, thats just werid... Nero isn't a disease or a virus....

Blah, blah, blah, I can't configure my installs, blah, blah, blah - this thread isn't for Nero bashing...

blah blah blah but its for your rants ?

bloat, just customize your installs to do make Nero do what you wanna do and stop whinning... just liek with any program that is super-feature based..... Nero is a really sweet burning program and you can get it to do what you need it to do if you read and get up off your asses.

Anywoo,

It'll be interesting to see how that Recover Data bit turns out in the release...

Source: http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/684/891/-/343...earchtype=genre

yea like i want to shell out 100.00 to only install 1 part of the program :rolleyes:

What's new in Nero 8?

- Nero StartSmart - Direct feature access makes it easy to burn and gives you quick access to your multimedia projects!

- Recover data from damaged discs with ease

- Import and share photos and videos with one click to and from Internet communities like My Nero, YouTube, and MySpace

- Fast application start-up

- Expanded features for editing and authoring video files

And I read a new interface... this is kinda worth the upgrade of about 40-50 euros or so.

Plus the fact that I'm a Nero-kinda fanboy :p

Shame, Nero used to be The Don. How anyone can be a fan of bloated software is beyond me, I am willing to bet you use Real Player too?

Because everyone is different, and thus, some people may find bloatware to be helpful?

Because everyone is different, and thus, some people may find bloatware to be helpful?

To be fair its only bloat if you dont use the features. As above I use ashampoo, but I'm sure there are people out there that love the fact Nero is an all in one media handling application. Personally its not my cup of tea and I'll use other apps to do the other functionality but some people will surely appreciate it.

Huh, thats just werid... Nero isn't a disease or a virus....

Blah, blah, blah, I can't configure my installs, blah, blah, blah - this thread isn't for Nero bashing...

So what it is?

- it leaves file types used and created by itself after uninstall

- leaves files assosiated with the uninstalled product

- leaves options in the Autoplay menu's

- leaves codecs after uninstall just in case you want to still use them to play avis, huh...

- changes the default mpeg2 decoder without any question - this can ruin a Media Center with ex. a Hauppauge card

I spent hours cleaning a PC after a fully normally installed and uninstalled Nero. Yes, the original user should have:

a, used Nero Lite/Micro/Small or whatever hacked version of this wonder

b, configured it properly and pray that it will install only the things the user selected

c, used an alternative and sit back, and we both would have been happy.

"Not a virus" - you're right. A virus is usually unnoticable. But after a Nero install (and even uninstall) you see it everywhere: picture viewing, movie watching, system tray, Autoplay, picture import from memory card, video converting.

I really don't understand the bitching. Bloat bloat bloat blah blah blah. You don't like the extra programs? So don't bloody install them! I only install nero express and I'm more than happy with it. You can uncheck all other stuff it comes with. It's not hard. Takes 10 seconds at most.

I really don't understand the bitching. Bloat bloat bloat blah blah blah. You don't like the extra programs? So don't bloody install them! I only install nero express and I'm more than happy with it. You can uncheck all other stuff it comes with. It's not hard. Takes 10 seconds at most.

So you think downloading a 2 GB file to only install 100mb of components isn't bloat.

So you think downloading a 2 GB file to only install 100mb of components isn't bloat.

No, not personally. Downloading a 2GB file only to install all 2GB of components without getting the option to chose would be bloat.

em3, see the attached image.

Radish?

post-4583-1188077802.jpg

so you enjoy spending money on something that you will only use 10% of ?

please nero = BLOAT

Personally I don't burn that many CDs. If I need to burn something, it's usually a home movie, and I do that inside my video editor. For music, I sync to my Zen. For backup I use an external drive.

When I do need to burn I use the awesome DeepBurner. =D

No, not personally. Downloading a 2GB file only to install all 2GB of components without getting the option to chose would be bloat.

em3, see the attached image.

Radish™

That is Nero 7. I have Nero 6. The Nero 6 Installer have no such screen. :p

Lat time i checked Nero 7 Premium Reloaded was 173.57 MB, until ashampoo or something has an alternative to Nero Recode i'll be staying with Nero, although i have to admit it is expensive for what it is.

Funny how the intention of this thread was/is to get the facts on possible new features (either known or speculative) and ended up with this bloatware-issue...

Funny how the intention of this thread was/is to get the facts on possible new features (either known or speculative) and ended up with this bloatware-issue...

its a new bloatware features :p

the thing with eor 7 is that in vista you cant use imagedrive. is this going to be added to 8 because it obvious it can be done because daemon tools works in vista.

I installed ashampoo Burning studio 7.1 yesterday and while it's ok for basic burning it does not have most of the options that Nero 7 has, this means I will be sticking with Nero Burning ROM for awhile.

Right now I have installed:

1. Nero Burning ROM

2. Nero Cover Designer

3. Nero Wave Editor

4. Nero Vision

5. Nero Tools

6. Nero SoundTrax

Total: 178 + 109 = 287 megs (which includes ahead folder in common files folder)

Ashampoo = 55 megs