Nero 8 is coming

Nero Startsmart somehow doesnt work for me, this is indeed pos

It doesn't work for me either, weirdly. It tell me the "burning engine" cannot start and it will not let me burn anything. I have to open up Nero Express to burn whatever I am attempting to burn.

Not a good start.

I have an unofficial Nero 7 portable version which is 12mb in one single .exe file with all the options you need to burn a disc. I also have different versions laying around (you get them free with a recorder) but they all s... compared to that 12mb portable version.

Sounds like Ahead sat there and listened to everyone complain about the bloatedness of Nero7 and thought they would make Nero8 worse...ah well, I'll stick with ImgBurn weighing in at a massive 1.5mb :p

For the people that stick with Nero, lets hope they finally have incremental updates! :o

It doesn't work for me either, weirdly. It tell me the "burning engine" cannot start and it will not let me burn anything. I have to open up Nero Express to burn whatever I am attempting to burn.

Not a good start.

Same for me. Uninstalled it already. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I may have to look for an alternative (and something to convert/burn some .nrg files)

Will Nero 8 come out with Lite? . . . .

Does Ashampoo allow me to burn data files into a CD? There is a reason why I stopped using Ashampoo, but I forgotten what was it.

was at best buy today and they had nero 8. not sure when it was put on the shelf (sometime between last tuesday and today -- i'm always at best buy for new release tuesday) but it was there. just fyi in case anyone is actually planning on buying it.

There is also small program (2.56MB) called InfraRecorder.

InfraRecorder - Download

InfraRecorder is a free graphical CD and DVD writing program for Microsoft Windows, licensed under the GPL version 2. Started by Christian Kindahl in 2006, InfraRecorder uses the cdrtools software to perform the actual burning. InfraRecorder was born in the Google Summer of Code 2006.

As of version 0.40, InfraRecorder offers features similar to most CD and DVD authoring software, including the creation and burning of data and audio disc images, the ability to work with rewritable and multisession discs, and the ability to extract WAV and ISO image files from discs. One can also use the LAME MP3 encoder to save Audio CD tracks. The program also provides the InfraRecorder Express, a quickly and easy panel of tasks similar of Nero Express.

InfraRecorder is available in 31 languages.

There is also small program (2.56MB) called InfraRecorder.

InfraRecorder - Download

looks nice.

for now, I'll think I'll pass on nero 8. nero 7 just does all I want and works fine in vista.

right now I'm using a "lite" version (http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Nero-Lite.shtml) fully legal (needs your serial to run) and weights only 45MB :)