Sept 5th - Apple's Beat Goes On Event

and the 2G shuffle will more or less remain the same.

Don't you mean the 3G shuffle? The 1st gen was the one that was the size of a pack of gum. the 2ed is what we have now. The 3G I would think, might get a small, 1"-1.5" screen with a basic UI (apple's old OS for the ipod maybe) colored or moncrone idk. maybe colored

i just dont see why they would leave the nano behind. at least make a virtual wheel instead of a physical one.

a flash based 5g ipod would be sweet but a flash based 6g one would be even sweeter!!!

why maken a 5G ipod when we are already 2 years past that?

The nano is just that... a small, music-playing device. It's not the full sized iPod, and it's not intended to be. Just like video playback was a "bonus" on the 5G iPod, consider eye candy like Cover Flow to be the same [on the 3G nano].

right, I still dont see the point of video in the nano. keep the nano a music on;y player. save the production money for the high end ipod. but like you said, its a bounus so i guess its alrught.

Don't you mean the 3G shuffle? The 1st gen was the one that was the size of a pack of gum. the 2ed is what we have now. The 3G I would think, might get a small, 1"-1.5" screen with a basic UI (apple's old OS for the ipod maybe) colored or moncrone idk. maybe colored

No, I meant the 2G shuffle. Unless Apple can again radically overhaul the iPod shuffle, then they will continue to improve and support the 2G shuffle. They may update the aesthetics slightly, maybe slightly alter the design, this would bring the shuffle into the "2.5G" era, just like last year's update made the "5.5G" iPod.

The 3G I would think, might get a small, 1"-1.5" screen with a basic UI (apple's old OS for the ipod maybe) colored or moncrone idk. maybe colored

Just look at the Creative Zen Stone 2Gb, it's small and got a OLED screen. And most of the time, cost less than the screen less Shuffle 1Gb...

Looking forward to the 5th, definately. I always like it when Apple release new toys even if I can't afford to buy any of them :)

I also think there will be some sort of Beatles announcement.. I think the "The beat goes on" thing was just too much of a coincidence!

Wonder if there will be an update on Leopard?! :)

Looking forward to the 5th, definately. I always like it when Apple release new toys even if I can't afford to buy any of them :)

I also think there will be some sort of Beatles announcement.. I think the "The beat goes on" thing was just too much of a coincidence!

Wonder if there will be an update on Leopard?! :)

They may announce the final release date, but that's it. If only they spent more time on Leopard @ WWDC...

Will this be televised on the net?

Usual Apple procedure. There won't be a live feed from Apple.. but some of the Apple news sites might have someone "inside" sending text updates, and then Apple will put a video feed up a few days later!

Usual Apple procedure. There won't be a live feed from Apple.. but some of the Apple news sites might have someone "inside" sending text updates, and then Apple will put a video feed up a few days later!

I still can't see the iMac feed when I click the link. The one that they released a few weeks ago.

The feed link brings up quicktime and it tries to connect and then stops. nothing shows.

Ahh ok cheers Chicane-UK, wasn't sure how it worked, never followed it before just looked around on forums for tid bits of news after the product launches / announcements.

Usually tech sites are invited to the events, and they will have a live feed (with images). Apple's feed are usually up within a couple of hours.

Yeah but it might as well be a few days later as it gets so hammered for the first few days its up, the stream is normally unwatchable!

Engadget seem to do the best live coverage with lots of good photo's :)

Well lets see what Apple brings tomorrow, may just have to sell my Zune and get the new ipod! ^.^

^ OR A ******* 200 GB ***** **** STEVE ******* <racial epicet> BLOWJOBS **** TOUCH ******* IPOD! *******!!!!!!!!!!!1shift1

lol, jk

That would be awesome.

I used asteriks all those times, lol

ooh i was thinking there was a keynote yesterday because of the tuesday... but of course thursday is the 5th...

now i was all down because i wasnt able to track it yesterday, thought "take a look at neowin" and wtf, only 5 pages? thats unusual. and then i saw "crap, the 5th is today!" ;) so neither tuesday nor thursday. i guess im still a little asleep... ;)