Official/Un-official UK Neowin Meetup Thread

Hmmm, 8th could be a Problem, just found out its the staff christmas Party..

Meah.. naa, i'd prefer to go to London.. for teh random sexor :drool:

You realise hardly any girls are coming :ermm:

Has this meetup officially died now?

I hope not. I'm still up for it.

Maybe the buzz has gone from it, but if those 9~10 people are still up for it, then that's enough for few beers and a slap-up meal.

Maybe it's just that it's so far away, that people lost interest and realised "actually, in theory it's a great idea, but I don't want to blow money on it." :/

:pint:

Has this meetup officially died now?

Nope still going to happen. Just i think most people have lost a bit of interest now. Still have the names of the people up for the 8th though and there are 11 people who have said they can make the 8th now :D

Count me in (Y)

Added (Y)

im still in...., what ever may be the date.

i might not post much in this forum but i hang in here about 2-3 hrs a day.

and added (Y) See my sig for dates etc.

I will send a PM to everyone near the time so we can all make sure we are serious about it etc.

I don't know if im in your official list or not but i will try to make it... money is tight now never mind next to christmas so i don't want to confirm anything and then not turn up.

I don't know if im in your official list or not but i will try to make it... money is tight now never mind next to christmas so i don't want to confirm anything and then not turn up.

Your down mate, but no one will be expected to turn up. Its not like people are going to give money for anything etc, so if you don't turn up, then its fine :) Although it would be nice to see you there.

Sure, you do that, - while i have teh sexor with your girlfriend.

Im sure she'l be puzzled as to what you are doing.

:whistle:

Thats precisely why she is going to my parents for the night (Y).

Its me or nothing big boy! :rofl:

Thats precisely why she is going to my parents for the night (Y).

Its me or nothing big boy! :rofl:

Your missus is going to your parents for the night?

Take me off the list, I suddenly can't be bothered to come any more...

Only just stumbled upon this thread.

I might go, it'd be interesting to meet up with some of you lads-but I can't buy you guys drinks since I'm 17 ;).

Providing I have the money to go, I should beable to go. Who's def going?

What would we do? Where would I get to stay?

edit: Right, yeah. Pubs. Not really my thing to be honest. And it'd be a bit obvious I'm not 18 since I'm not very tall and you'd all probably be taller than me. I turn 18 in June.

edit: That is kind of you offering people to stay at your place. I wouldn't accept a place right now(or if there are still places free) as I'm not 100% I'll be going as I only just heard of the event.

Edited by Guest

Only just stumbled upon this thread.

I might go, it'd be interesting to meet up with some of you lads-but I can't buy you guys drinks since I'm 17 ;).

Providing I have the money to go, I should beable to go. Who's def going?

What would we do? Where would I get to stay?

edit: Right, yeah. Pubs. Not really my thing to be honest. And it'd be a bit obvious I'm not 18 since I'm not very tall and you'd all probably be taller than me. I turn 18 in June.

edit: That is kind of you offering people to stay at your place. I wouldn't accept a place right now(or if there are still places free) as I'm not 100% I'll be going as I only just heard of the event.

I am just going for a day but of course you are travelling further then me.

Yeah im going to contact everyone near the end of this month and discuss locations etc.

We have a good few people interested now (i should update my sig). There are actually about 19 people who can make that date! :D

Yeah im going to contact everyone near the end of this month and discuss locations etc.

We have a good few people interested now (i should update my sig). There are actually about 19 people who can make that date! :D

19? Oh dude! That's awesome, what's the list of people going?

With a month to go, let stir this back up with some ideas of what to do on the day....

# snack / grub / sarnies in the park

# buses around some of the sights (not tourist buses, but real buses; it's cheaper)

# beer at every "sight"

# river taxi

# visit the Queen. I've phoned ahead, she's cool with it, but no shoes upstairs.

# apple store / arcades / shopping

# grub : nice pizzeria / nice burger place / TGI Fridays / or proper restaurant

# bars

Anymore? I'm really looking forward to this. :D