3 new performance and reliability updates for Windows Vista

Shipping fixes while SP1 is in Beta.... Why do I think it's time wasted on MS part? Stop working on fixes and work harder on SP1!!!
skip fixes to work on something that's a year and a half plus away? :huh:

Any idea if they'll be up there before SP1?

I am not sure sorry. These are knwoledgebase posts so I am not sure how long it takes for a knowledge base fix to go to windows update.

I installed all of these and could no longer boot. :( Had to do a system restore. When it came to the boot screen the progress bar would move really slowly but I left it for 30~mins and no luck. :(

Daniel

Btw, do you by any chance happen to run Daemon Tools? It has caused quite a few boot related problems on my system.

I installed all of these and could no longer boot. :( Had to do a system restore. When it came to the boot screen the progress bar would move really slowly but I left it for 30~mins and no luck. :(

Daniel

Same problem here :( I couldn't even get into safe mode. I'm reinstalling Vista right now :no:

And yes, I do use Daemon Tools... Anyone know why this is causing a problem?

When you try and install these on an SP1 system, you get "This update does not apply to your system", so I am thinking these updates are already included in SP1.

I installed them just fine on Vista x64, no diamond tools here (Alcohol 52% though), system works perfectly (Y).

Backup your windows install with True Image before applying the patch, if it matters. In that case, if Vista bluescreen's, it will only take you 20 minutes to restore it back to how it was 10 minutes ago instead of reformatting.

P.S. I will hold off on these updates until they reach WU.

I noticed that from the welcome screen to the loading of windows it's much quicker... and one bonus that often ticked me off was that I couldn't load any programs or perform operations during the first few seconds of loading.... now I can!

Since I'm on a centrino non-duo processor, I doubt that I'll be receving any extra battery time.

I'm hoping that it's also fixed the ie bugs but who knows :)

I'm going to give these updates another shot tomorrow afternoon... I need my computer for school tomorrow, and I won't be able to use it if the updates kill it again!

after reading the comments above about Daemon Tools, i uninstalled it prior to installing these 3 updates. i also ran CCleaner, rebooted, then installed the updates. Vista booted fine. I havent tested anything else yet.

no problems here, but i don't notice any significant differences. i think boot time is a bit faster, but i'm on an athlon xp 2600, so it's not like it's blazing anyway.

and computability of Windows Vista:

what the hell is computability

the wiki makes no sense

"In computer science, computability theory is the branch of the theory of computation that studies which problems are computationally solvable using different models of computation."

Edited by whocares78

For those who are using Daemon Tools and installing these patches ...

Is your Daemon Tools loaded while it's installing the patch?

Because I am using Daemon Tools too but it's not auto-start mode. I only load it when I need to load a virtual drive. So will itbe okay if it's not switch on and I go ahead with the patches?

For those who are using Daemon Tools and installing these patches ...

Is your Daemon Tools loaded while it's installing the patch?

Because I am using Daemon Tools too but it's not auto-start mode. I only load it when I need to load a virtual drive. So will itbe okay if it's not switch on and I go ahead with the patches?

Mine was not loaded, but I am still not 100% sure Daemon Tools is even the culprit anyway. As long as you have System Restore enabled you wont have any trouble either way. Good luck. :)