National Hockey League 2007-08 thread

:D The greatest game on Earth starts a new season tonight. I have signed up for Center Ice for this season. The game I wanted to watch is not on tho (Ducks vs Wings). But Sens and Leafs will work.

Lets Go Rangers!!

Montreal has won all of their games so far!

Yeah!!!! And for each game they've played, the three stars were from Montreal also!

Man... Let's head for a perfect season... 82 wins, and 246 stars on the board!!! :p

Raycroft played okay but I'm looking forward to Toskala taking charge.

The Leafs seem to alway suffer these types of defeats. If we enter the third period with a one goal lead then the game is as good as lost. :(

what a guy that koivu, and wow that save huet made, unbeleivable
Yes man yes! People here in Montreal don't really like Koivu that much because he's been here for 10 years and yet he only knows about 20 french words. Not to mention that the crowd here is hard on ppl with less than 80 points in aregular season.

About Huet, he did atleast 3 saves in the first game. He's good yet not the best and very lucky. I hope Murhpy continus to stay off Christobald's (Huet) back.

Pip'

Raycroft played okay but I'm looking forward to Toskala taking charge.

The Leafs seem to alway suffer these types of defeats. If we enter the third period with a one goal lead then the game is as good as lost. :(

the leafs played good for the first 50 mins of the game. if they would have scored a couple of times on the pp, then they wouldn't have lost the game.

Well the Leafs new top line worked well last night. Now for the rest of the team to pick up the pace.

The Sens beat my Leafs playing only 10 minutes out of 60. I hope Toskala brings his A game if they plan on playing the full 60 this time around.

Either way I'm glad hockey is back and the new jerseys suck.

The Sens beat my Leafs playing only 10 minutes out of 60. I hope Toskala brings his A game if they plan on playing the full 60 this time around.

Either way I'm glad hockey is back and the new jerseys suck.

How was it not filtered?

Pip'

Can someone explain to me why the NHL would have interest in movement of Nashville to KANSAS CITY? Cant the team be moved to a more hockey-loving town like Hamilton? Winnipeg? or Quebec???

The southeast division also needs implosion. Carolina? Florida? Washington? Atlanta? Do these teams actually draw crowds? Tampa at least is in the top 5 in attendance each year...the other four are in the pooper.

Considering the NHL needs contraction, I say we disband Atlanta and Florida since they haven't won crap and dont have any superstars. Then move Washington to Hamilton and Carolina to either Winnipeg, Quebec, or Hartford.

Atlanta is a good team. I am not sure about their draw power in their city though. Other than that, Quebec could use another team, same with Winnipeg if possible. I could also see another team in the states, just not sure where... Seattle maybe?

14 games in one night and not one of them is shown in the UK. :no:

That is brutal. I wonder what the market for hockey is like up there? Do you think it would be able to get the viewers?

It is too bad though, because tonight Montreal vs Toronto! And of course Montreal had better win after that terrible performance that got them kicked out of the playoffs.

Go Flames Go :happy:

Boooooo.

Go Habs Go, send the Laffs home crying with their bad jerseys...even though the game is at the ACC.