National Hockey League 2007-08 thread

Huet typically ****s up against the Leafs though. I'm not sure why. It may be because he can't handle the pressure. We know he can't sustain playing more than 3-4 games as a starter without blowing a game. He has some durability issues and some pressure issues. When he's on his game, he's one of the best. But at times he gets rattled and plays worse than Aebischer!

It is crazy to see how many backup and former backup goalies are in the top ten list for GAA right now. Hopefully Dan Ellis will get back in net for the Predators this week, although after the massive selloff the preds aren't quite as attractive a team.

well Huet did good after the Toronto game.

he did a shutout win 2-0 over buffalo.

good for your fantasy league then boffa lol.

I'm glad Carbonneau came back with Huet to not let his confidence take a drop after a bad game.

Price starts tomorrow against the Bruins.

Latendresse gets scratched again. Twice so far this season. The guy is by far the worst skater in the NHL. I don't even have to think about it. He is that bad.

sigh the lightning cant win an away game. We have Florida tonight which is basically our kryptonite.

well, they didn't do too bad last night ;) neither did the avs, 2nd in the western conference :D

well, they didn't do too bad last night ;) neither did the avs, 2nd in the western conference :D

yeah we held the lead for 2 periods, very nice. I think we travel to Carolina tonight... oh no.........

Price starts tomorrow against the Bruins.

Latendresse gets scratched again. Twice so far this season. The guy is by far the worst skater in the NHL. I don't even have to think about it. He is that bad.

Where can you find out which goalie a team plans to start? I can never find that ahead of time... :(

Where can you find out which goalie a team plans to start? I can never find that ahead of time... :(

well we know from Carbonneau himself.

RDS are the one getting the info beforehand.

Price is playing against the leafs and he is doing a hell of a job right now.

It's 2-2 after the 2nd period.

Tomorrow night's game is sooo gonna be good. It's a shame I don't get the Sens games on TV in the Toronto region, so anytime the Leafs play the Sens, I snatch up the chance.

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) -The Phoenix Coyotes claimed goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov off waivers from the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday.

The Russian native has a .909 save percentage in nine games with the Ducks this season and posted a 2-3-1 record. He played with the Stanley Cup champs last season had a .922 save percentage in five playoff games.

"We are excited to bring in a world-class goaltender with a Stanley Cup on his resume," Coyotes general manager Don Maloney said. "At 27 years old, he is just entering his prime and we look forward to having him in our lineup."

Bryzgalov, the backup to Jean-Sebastien Giguere with Anaheim, was placed on waivers Friday. The Ducks made him the 44th overall selection in the 2000 NHL draft, and he appeared in 69 games with them since that time, going 26-23-8 with a 2.48 goals-against average.

"We are very happy for Ilya," Ducks general manager Brian Burke said in a statement Saturday. "He's a great kid who deserves a chance to be a starting NHL goaltender. We thank him for all he has accomplished in a Ducks uniform, and we wish him well with Phoenix."

Could Bryzgalov do what he did in Anaheim with the Coyotes?

How do the leafs fall to some of the worst teams in the NHL but tonight they shutout the Sens and give them their first Road Loss.

The leafs are the most unpredictable team, tonight I was sure to be disappointed but I sure got a treat :) however, they're record still doesn't sit well enough with me for a "go leafs go" maybe if they keep this stuff up.

Big game for montreal today. Hopefully they can take out Ottawa. This will also be a huge game for Huet if he starts. If he drops the ball on this one he could be looking at less play.

It's time for a few NHL players to apologize to poolies; Gaborik's up first

44 minutes ago

Everyone in fantasy hockey leagues has a license to snipe.

Mostly, we trash talk the opposition and take pot shots at their draft picks and trade decisions. Pretty much anything is fair game.

That same poolie privilege also allows owners to question NHL coaching strategies, especially as it pertains to their players. Sure, he's minus-15 and coughs up the puck more than cats expel hairballs, but this guy is really great - why don't they put him on the first line and top power-play unit?

Marian Gaborik answers the question with this apology to poolies.

"When developing this team it is obvious that management paid no attention to fantasy owners but instead selfishly decided that winning games was more important," Gaborik said in a statement prepared with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Fantasy owners will appreciate the humour but Gaborik owners will probably wish his health was as robust as his wit.

He's back now after missing three games with a groin injury, returning in style Thursday with a goal and an assist.

Now if only Pavol Demitra, his equally fragile centre, would soon get better. Their talents always make them worth the risk, but there probably isn't another pair of players who so frustrate their fantasy owners.

As for apologies to fantasy owners, next in line to say sorry should be Brian Gionta and Patrik Elias of the Devils.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...OQ5EiKazwk2yz-w