New Logitech G15 Keyboard

I did a search and didn't find anything about Logitechs new G15 keyboard so here it is

As soon as you lay eyes on the new Logitech G15 you see the family resemblance to the old G15. The new G15 has the same colors of silver and black on the keyboard and familiar layout that is smaller and svelter than the original. If you were one of the many gamers that found the original G15 to be too bulky, the new G15 will impress.

Logitechs Site

Review of the keyboard

I just might have to upgrade from my original G15 to the new style when it's released.

post-998-1191473804.jpg

I remember this being atleast announced like 2 months ago, so it's not really "news" now. T'was on another site tho.

Think I'll stick with my old G15

Same. I don't like much, if any, of the changes on this new one. Hopefully my ol' blue model holds out for a good amount of time.

This was announced a good while back(about 3-4 weeks ago) although not on this site.

Anywho I rarely ever use the first set of g keys on my G15.

Those wanting more keys can use combinations like alt+G1 ctrl+G3 etc... Can't help you on the color I just hope it's more even across the board and not so dim on full brightness like the last gen. They'd better fix the lcd going blank and having to restart it to get it back.

when will someone just make a completely plain, all black keyboard with blue back light keys that doesn't cost a small fortune. (not logitech g12, saitek eclipse etc etc)

This was announced a good while back(about 3-4 weeks ago) although not on this site.

Anywho I rarely ever use the first set of g keys on my G15.

Those wanting more keys can use combinations like alt+G1 ctrl+G3 etc... Can't help you on the color I just hope it's more even across the board and not so dim on full brightness like the last gen. They'd better fix the lcd going blank and having to restart it to get it back.

If you mean restart as in... restart the whole pc when the lcd goes blank, you already don't have to do that. Typically what'll fix it for me when the lcd freezes or goes blank is to: A; Kill the lcd manager program and all processes related to it and restart the monitor program or B; simply unplug from usb and plug it back in.

i like my current (old) G15 i need desk space tho, im tempted to get new one

I agree... My current G15 takes up alot of space in my desk tray. I'm really tempted to get this one and sell my old G15.

when will someone just make a completely plain, all black keyboard with blue back light keys that doesn't cost a small fortune. (not logitech g12, saitek eclipse etc etc)

My thoughts exactly, the G15 is absolutely huge and not really great if you just want the lighting, I'd like a fairly small, plain-ish keyboard with backlighting.

My thoughts exactly, the G15 is absolutely huge and not really great if you just want the lighting, I'd like a fairly small, plain-ish keyboard with backlighting.

i dont even use my G keys (or the screen!) anymore

This sure is one neat gadget but that's all it would be for someone like me who almost never looks at a keyboard. I'm a gamer, I play fps games most of the time so what would be convincing to get one of those over a regular well working microsoft keyboard? :ninja:

Per amazon.com: Estimated ship date for this item: December 5, 2007

Per newegg.com: Out of Stock (ETA:10/26/2007)

Check out the size difference of the old vs the new:

http://media.gear.ign.com/media/964/964350/img_4889894.html

v2 is definitely much smaller. The original G15 was a turn-off to me because of the width; it definitely wouldn't fit on my keyboard tray with my mouse. This one might.

Just picked one up at my local Best Buy. They had two on a bottom shelf with no price(receipt showed 99.99). They had a 1st gen box above and it was noticable that it was much smaller. Will provide a review soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased this at Best Buy in Nampa, Idaho. They have 4 left.

DSC00788.JPG

DSC00789.JPG

DSC00790.JPG

Check out the space I saved on my keyboard tray from the old G15 to the new one.

DSC00791.JPG

Pictures of the new 2.0 software. And yes it does work with the old G15 as I tested it out before I swapped out keyboards. Here is a download link for the 2.0 software as it's not yet available on Logitech's website.

Image1.gif

Image2.gif

Image3.gif

Image4.gif

Image5.gif

Image6.gif

Image7.gif

Edited by wd40

nice, too bad they don't have it at the Best Buy in Canada (I don't see it online)!

hopefully it fits on my keyboard tray this time around too