New Logitech G15 Keyboard

This sure is one neat gadget but that's all it would be for someone like me who almost never looks at a keyboard. I'm a gamer, I play fps games most of the time so what would be convincing to get one of those over a regular well working microsoft keyboard? :ninja:

Some games have applets where you can access certain "extra" or quickly accessible information. Like you can gte a full listing of all your ammo types or in World of Warcraft you can view your stats (HP, Spirit, Strength, Crit rate etc....) in case you don't really wanna open up your character sheet and what not.

Sadly game support for it is lacking. I mainly use it with a program called Everest to display my System usage and temps of my CPU, GPU and hard Drives.

I got my G15 last year from a friend who develops applets for the G15. She had one for RF Online and Guild Wars going and I think WoW. Though I think she concentrates mostly on the WoW Emulator Server hack now.

Is the new G15 still only available at list price ($100) or are places carrying the new one for the same price as the old one (around $70 + the occasional rebate)?

geh orange color is hideous

and it seems they removed the silver buttons and usb places at the top? can't see anything near the lcd screen from those pics

Is the new G15 still only available at list price ($100) or are places carrying the new one for the same price as the old one (around $70 + the occasional rebate)?

I paid $99.99 plus tax for a total of $105.99. The old one was $9 cheaper at Best Buy. It was $90.99.

geh orange color is hideous

and it seems they removed the silver buttons and usb places at the top? can't see anything near the lcd screen from those pics

Silver Buttons are there. Some are black now. On the old one they were silver. And USB connections are right at the top back. The orange is actually easier to see then the blue I think.

I've been waiting so long to buy this, however I can't find a UK release date, does anybody know?

Dunno about the UK release date. For Canada not sure I picked mine up at Bestbuy so I'd say their or Future Shop might have it.

I'll work on the review later on tonight or tomorrow should be up by then. If I buy it I'll also have a review up for the HP C8180 everything but the kitchen sink AIO printer.

Thats one ugly keyboard. :x Reminds me of the old BBC computers off of the 70's and 80's.

Indeed it is a very nice looking keyboard, but different people different tastes I suppose.

As far as the LCD being smaller yes it is not by much but the difference is noticable,but not a detractor it's much easier to read now the text is much crisper than with my gen 1 board.

jesus this is so ugly :x

hugs his shiny new apple keyboard :whistle:

keep hugging your boring, lifeless keyboard

jesus this is so ugly :x

hugs his shiny new apple keyboard :whistle:

Yea for you!!! Yep the alu and white do look nice, but I'd like a little more features if I'm going to spend 40 something dollars for the wired or 70ish for the wireless. Not too mention the keys aren't the best for touch typist the key tops are nearly flat.