952 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

Back in 2004 I frequented Wincustomize.com. They had a few articles that linked back to this site named Neowin.net. The rest is history.

The stench of decay and filth filled the air. Moving through the dimly lit alley, the wind carried the faint hint of danger. As I approached the doorway, I couldn't help a feeling of dread come over me. I was certain what I would find through the doorway was nothing short of hell itself.

Just before opening the door, a faint voice whispered a single word: "neowin".

Hi,

I am searching this type of forum and from google search I found this forum......The first thing I noticed is the graphics are good....I usually register in the forums which looks great and this is another forum for my list :)

Don't remember :pinch:

I registered to see the poll results and such but turns out I had already registered 2 years ago :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
By an employee I fired at work.

I was reminded of Neowin by this buddy last year and I logged back into the account I'd had since 03. I tried logging back in today but seems my the account went fubar and disappeared completely. I've used my same email and same username and re-registered and now I'm back to lurking the forums! :D

Back in 2003 a Chinese magazine contains some screenshots of browsers browsing PCPChina.com. I checked PCPChina out and found it very useful. The title of it at that time was "PCPChina - to be China's Neowin.net", so I also checked Neowin.net out and find it much more useful to me, esp the news.

Being a guest for so long a time...nowadays the magazine is still alive so is Neowin :) , but PCPChina is almost in ruins...the latest headline on it was updated on 10 July 2008. Pity.

Few Chinese around me knows something about Neowin.net...

deviantforums.com

A couple of the guys on there were talking about it, and I thought I'd look it over.

Seemed like a nice place, and I joined.

Back when whistler (XP) was in beta. It was one of the most popular forums to find... err... information :D

+1

This latest time I found it was when I installed Desktop Sidebar and it was one of the default news feeds. I come here daily to read up on stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of articles from neowin had translated by www.thevista.ru so i decided to read the original :) Is there a lot of mistakes in my message?

A Friend showed me Neowin, and i followed the news updates. just joined the forum today and my first post was a question about a new pc im looking at buying :D

was google searching some problem i had with my PC, found this site, then a month later had a different prob, came back

i then registered and started using it more and more

I joined at the recommendation of a friend after creating a problem with a new 64bit PC my son bought. He got a new quad core HP

and didn't read the specs carefully. After fomatting his Vista 64bit OS and installing Windows XP SP3 32bit, he had everything working except the networking. His ethernet port and wireless were all disabled. That is when I inherited the problem.

My solution was to install the Windows 7 RC1 release and then the XP virtualization. Everything worked except the ethernet connection. There is an NVIDIA controller for the ethernet port. That is something I'll research later. He only has wireless access in his home at university so it is not a priority for him but I want to figure it out.

The friend that recomended your forums did so because he likes how extensive they are. Now that I have looked around, I agree. While I haven't yet looked for more information about the situation above, I will. I'm too busy just reading through other interesting posts.

When I was just starting using Linux obviously had a lot of queries so was googling about. Liked the look and decided to permanently reside here :)