Mass Effect OFFICIAL

Then break out the boos and the thumbs down, as I am definitely not sure if I will be digging this game.

I just never got into anything the remotely resembles an RPG, just not my genre at all. I got very close with Oblivion, but then lost complete interest, so I will give this a chance, but chances are greater than not this will not be my cup of tea.

I jest!

Give it a go at least (Y)

Then break out the boos and the thumbs down, as I am definitely not sure if I will be digging this game.

I just never got into anything the remotely resembles an RPG, just not my genre at all. I got very close with Oblivion, but then lost complete interest, so I will give this a chance, but chances are greater than not this will not be my cup of tea.

I am in the same boat - don't get me wrong the game looks and sounds great but I can't get into RPG's at all.

^

I don't see it being a "typical" RPG though.

More like an action/fps titled beefed up with more gameplay.

I personally love games where I feel more in control and get to roam around in an open enviroment making my own choices, rather been stuck on a linear plot path.

I am all over this game. I've had the LE pre-ordered since I can remember and I've read the book 3 times. Simply cannot wait for this game, it's going to be the first game in years to steal huge swathes of my time. I've had to book time off work in preparation!

I love those games too, but I just don't have the time to devote to them. I rarely get to finish a game these days, nevermind play them for 70hrs :p Also, too much reading, which is fine if it's relevant to the story directly, but I just cba talking to random NPC's.

Maybe I have Mass Effect all wrong and it's nothing like this, but just my expectations of what I thought was going to be a trilogy RPG.

I am all over this game. I've had the LE pre-ordered since I can remember and I've read the book 3 times. Simply cannot wait for this game, it's going to be the first game in years to steal huge swathes of my time. I've had to book time off work in preparation!

The book?

Care to explain? :D

I love those games too, but I just don't have the time to devote to them. I rarely get to finish a game these days, nevermind play them for 70hrs :p Also, too much reading, which is fine if it's relevant to the story directly, but I just cba talking to random NPC's.

Maybe I have Mass Effect all wrong and it's nothing like this, but just my expectations of what I thought was going to be a trilogy RPG.

But the Action will be GRAWish...with star wars-force like abilities.

I've been waiting for this game for years, even if I don't beat it or hardly play it, I will be buying it.

But the Action will be GRAWish...with star wars-force like abilities.

Oh rly? Now that sounds like something I can get into definately :yes:

Damnit so many good games out the next 3 weeks, I already have GH3 and Assassin's Creed down for preorder. Just ordered Star Wars Complete Saga, then there is Mario Galaxy and possibly Mass Effect :rofl: :cry:

Getting this and Assian's Creed, and I can't decide which to play first. Thinking I'm going to do Mass Effect and let my friend play Assian's Creed, hopefully by the time I'm done with Mass Effect he will done with Assian's Creed (slow gamer) and we could switch.

The book?

Care to explain? :D

There is a novel by the title of "Mass Effect: Revelations". It is basically a prologue to Mass Effect as it details the events that lead up to Saren's dissention and gives some good back story to the Mass Effect universe. It's a pretty good read, and for only 9 bucks brand new how can you go wrong?

CAGs uberczar915 and Viper22 have both been able to purchase Mass Effect at Kmart (Viper22 got his in Crofton, MD), almost two weeks early. Click the thumbnail on the left for a bigger picture and check the CAG forums for more details and updates.

In addition, some online retailers such as Toys R Us, NewEgg, and Walmart are listing Mass Effect as in-stock.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/cags...ly-at-kmart.php

Mass Effect Love Scene Released

A couple of months ago, we had an article that discussed the merits of having a love scene or partial nudity in a game like Mass Effect. Well, GameVideos.com has released a video of the love scene in Mass Effect and I have to say that I found it to be in good taste and highly stylized. It is not graphic and it seems to be in the context of the story (more interpretation by me, but it just seems that way).

I for one have always championed the idea of adult themes in games, similar to the way that a movie has adult themes. Some nudity or even a sexual encounter is the norm for an R rated movie in Hollywood and can be of purpose when done with some style and in context. I guess the problem seems to be more with the fact that when someone puts some nudity in a game, it is over the top, a la Leisure Suit Larry: Magna ###### Laude, and less like a Fahrenheit or now, Mass Effect.

Source&Video: http://www.aeropause.com/archives/2007/11/...ene_release.php

:laugh:

I was going to post some pictures of the Limited Edition package but there's a thread at Neowin now. https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=600525

The LE looks more like the Gears of War Limited Edition, a cardboard pullout with a disc on each side. I am more inclined to order the LE now but because it's online only I am still worried about the pain I may go through in the case of a scratched disc.

Game released in Australia as of now :)

Got my copy sitting on my desk at work. With five hours left till i can go play it.

Not officially released but EB Games has broken the street date :) With most stores I have contacted putting their copies on the shelves.