Mass Effect OFFICIAL

Im already 11 hours into the game and if it doesn't win game of the year then i will cut my balls off, nothing compares to its epicness (dont know if that word exists). Its really damn good.

Game released in Australia as of now :)

Got my copy sitting on my desk at work. With five hours left till i can go play it.

Not officially released but EB Games has broken the street date :) With most stores I have contacted putting their copies on the shelves.

That's it, I'm going to EB tomorrow morning to get a copy!

just saw the review today and just have to say DAMN the game industry is trying to make me go broke this year. mass effect, assasin's creed, mario, drake, ratchet, metroid and i'm sure like 3 or 4 other 9+ games that I forget that have just come out in like the last 2 months that's f#ing crazy. I've never seen such quality gaming like this.

and the good thing about it all is that if GTA wasn't delayed alot of these games might not have gotten the attention they would have got normally. The more I think about it the better that delay was for the industry as a whole.

Just watched GameTrailer's review and it looks like a fantasic game with so much to do, but I'm still not sure whether I'll buy it or not :/ I keep hearing rpg and it's not my most favourite genre out there.

I hear conflicting views of the gameplay style but all the people I've talked to say the game is great.

Some say Gears of War style combat while others say GRAW2 style combat. Maybe some don't see the difference because they are both 3rd person shooters but there's a big difference in my opinion.

I was going to get Limited Edition but just wasn't comfortable enough to order it online without worrying about scratched discs or deal with a delayed/ cancelled order. Even though I really thought the $ 10 was worth it considering the extra booklets, documentaries, gamer pics, dashboard themes and packaging.

I'll probably just buy the regular edition tomorrow.

I'm tempted to buy a 360 just for this game because i'm not sure if/when a PC version will come out.

Ask yourself - will your PC be able to handle Mass Effect if/when it is released? :p

Ask yourself - will your PC be able to handle Mass Effect if/when it is released? :p

It seems to be able to handle Bioshock on high, so i'm hoping so :p

I saw a review of ME on Gamer.tv where it got 5/5. It was the first time i saw the gameplay properly and it made me really want to get it.

Metacritic has the score down at only 92% For something that was touted as the 'BESTEST RPG EVARS'. It certainly appears otherwise.

Still, my Collectors Edition is on pre order and shall remain so.

Since I have finished GH3 on the PC, I was thinking of buying Mass Effect this friday instead. Not sure though, especially if it's going to eat up loads of time.

Are the rpg elements necessary to progress in the game? And how indepth are they? Cause I can't be assed with a Final Fantasy system for instance, but if it's like Bioshock or Fable "rpg" gameplay I won't mind so much..

Metacritic has the score down at only 92% For something that was touted as the 'BESTEST RPG EVARS'. It certainly appears otherwise.

Still, my Collectors Edition is on pre order and shall remain so.

you find 92% based on 30 reviews disapointing? sheesh, some people are never pleased.

Are the rpg elements necessary to progress in the game? And how indepth are they? Cause I can't be assed with a Final Fantasy system for instance, but if it's like Bioshock or Fable "rpg" gameplay I won't mind so much..

Not quite sure how to answer this, but it's amazing. lol. The battle system is like gears, not turn-based. You can shoot anyone and you can switch weapons of you and your party members just like what biotic (magic) they use. You also can interchange your party members as each have the strengths and weaknesses. The game will take a long time to complete (achievement wise, haven't heard any hours to beating it one playthrough). It's really amazing, straight foward, but also options to do side-quests along the way. If you like KOTOR you will defiently like this.

Anyone else feel epic when you were granted the Spectre status?

Absolutely amazing game.

I just finished Virmire and my jaw hit the floor. Easily one of the best gaming moments ever. Absolutely amazing planet. I only hope there are more like it to come.

Massive spoiler if you haven't passed Virmire - I let Kaiden die :( ... gotta save the lady :p

My character is pretty neutral with paragon and and whats it called... i can't be bothered checking haha.

^ Word is its better to go one way or the other to the extreme as you get some nice bonuses. Being neutral doesn't return much.

Shame about the stuttering/loading and texture steaming issues. Easily overlooked though.

Absolutely amazing game.

I just finished Virmire and my jaw hit the floor. Easily one of the best gaming moments ever. Absolutely amazing planet. I only hope there are more like it to come.

Massive spoiler if you haven't passed Virmire - I let Kaiden die :( ... gotta save the lady :p

My character is pretty neutral with paragon and and whats it called... i can't be bothered checking haha.

^ Word is its better to go one way or the other to the extreme as you get some nice bonuses. Being neutral doesn't return much.

Shame about the stuttering/loading and texture steaming issues. Easily overlooked though.

How did you get it so soon? I'd love to get it tomorrow!

I haven't been to Virmire yet went straight to Artemis Tau cluster to get T'soni.

Have to say there you get to drive the Mako(w/e it's called) I don't like the controls, thankfully you never have to stay in it for long. And audio, I'm not sure what you get for getting high into paragon/renagade, but you do get achievements.

And whoever asked about the sniper, I love it, I think once you put skill into the Sniper Rifle the accuracy increases which makes it more steady, but even with nothing into it yet, I'm still loving it.