Business Week: Blu-ray Is Winning

Again, you are acting very childish.. DO YOU UNDERSTAND what it means when you have individual titles that sell BETTER on HD DVD then on Blu-Ray with 4 times more Blu-ray hardware including PS3. That's called power! 3 million Blu-Ray capabile hardware vs 750k dedicted players for HD DVD and they STILL outsell individual titles.. what a joke!.. Well I can tell you that HD DVD Group is laughing and Warner is now certain they were right.. it's just a matter of time..

You will understand that my timing was off, but the essence of my prediction is valid and will happen, I am absolutely certain of it.

haha, you're a joke.

another blu-ray win is that more and more people are realizing that what you post are pure speculations.

let me tell you something i am certain of:

in february, i am going to dig this quote up;

You will understand that my timing was off, but the essence of my prediction is valid and will happen, I am absolutely certain of it.

and then you will come out and tell us that ONCE AGAIN, your timing was off.

hahaha, absolutely hilarious.

What were the numbers on 300 again? You avoided my other post.

You do realize that 300 GOES INCLUDED with HD DVD players right? Warner has most likely shipped MORE 300 HD DVD units then Blu-Ray ones. You do know that there are probably around 100k units of 300 in the hand of HD DVD owners right? In addition to the sales.. Warner is not GIVING these away.. they are paid for by HD DVD Promotional group or Toshiba themselves as a promotion. Regardless, they are SALES as when a person buy an HD DVD they are, shocklingly, an HD DVD consumer.

We don't know the info.. Neilsen is completely unreliable as they don't count many things and retailers (studios are basically the ones that really know how much units they sold).. Only Warner knows how much they shipped and how everything works, but what has happened, happened even if 300 sold more in retail, we are talking about now.. and now their HD DVD titles are mostly outselling Blu-Ray ones. Simple. That's all it is.. HD DVD is growing, and it's getting reflected on certain numbers.

Again, I won't talk about this with some people here as it's completely useless.. just don't go being shocked and plant conpiracy theories about payoffs and crap when Warner goes HD DVD that's all.. This is all very logical and visible now and when it happens it will come as no surprise..

We don't know the info.. Neilsen is completely unreliable as they don't count many things and retailers (studios are basically the ones that really know how much units they sold).. Only Warner knows how much they shipped and how everything works, but what has happened, happened even if 300 sold more in retail, we are talking about now.. and now their HD DVD titles are mostly outselling Blu-Ray ones. Simple. That's all it is.. HD DVD is growing, and it's getting reflected on certain numbers.

wow boz, you make it easy for me, cought you again. you say that nielsen is unreliable and here you say this:

Nielsen figures buddy, the only ones that are actually recognized by the industry say that the gap is narrowing and the disc sale advantage for North America is now closer to 1.5:1.

so let me guess, nielsen numbers are only reliable when they show the gap closing, but otherwise they aren't?

im going to do this quickly:

Again, just wait until more recent numbers come out. I'm absolutely certain that from June until the end of the year, HD DVD will completely annihilate Blu-Ray both in software and hardware sales.

WRONG!

And I'm not saying that really.. basically what I'm saying is that the numbers we were seeing so far are going to changed dramatically. That's all. It won't be 2:1 for HD DVD for sure, but it will most likely be 1:1 or a slight lead for HD DVD.

WRONG!

The latest numbers are just starting to show that I"m right. Current software sales advantage have come down to 1.2:1 or 56:44. You'll see this come down even more in the upcoming period.

WRONG!

In the end, I'm 100% sure that HD-DVD still outsells Blu-Ray and that this announcement is bought to stir more false excitement into the public, and the statistics are sponsored by who? 20th Century Fox HEY! THe only studio that is HARD CORE about Blu-Ray and stand to lose a lot of money since they decided not to sell HD-DVDs like other studios.

WRONG!

no matter what you post and speculate, you are WRONG, and here is the proof that many need to see that.

wow boz, you make it easy for me, cought you again. you say that nielsen is unreliable and here you say this:

no matter what you post and speculate, you are WRONG, and here is the proof that many need to see that.

Many of those posts your mark as WRONG has actually happened, but again it's just you who refuses to see it. And please calm down, you are competely making yourself look ridiculous.

The validity of actual numbers from Neilsen and what they are showing in general with ratio are 2 different things. There are numeours retailers that Nielsen numbers don't count, so exact numbers are not something to go by. They are invalid many times because they are offset by sales, giveaways etc. But overall trend is noticable with HD DVD because HD DVD's numbers continue at the same path while Blu-Ray group needs to introduce numerous sales in order to keep some numbers and YET they have hard time doing so.

Of course, you are incapable of seeing that cause you don't think about these things, you just listen and admire something that suits your reality.

As I said, I was overly enthusiastic with June to end of year numbers.. there's no need in repeating.. I can hardly be right non stop.. again, I still stand behind my assesment that HD DVD will win. Of course as I said, you can't see HD DVDs growth and numbers because you are simply refusing to see it. Free giveaways and setups at retailers so they can count them as sales are really something that shows how much BDA sales reak of desperation to keep the numbers where they are.

And I'm not saying that really.. basically what I'm saying is that the numbers we were seeing so far are going to changed dramatically. That's all. It won't be 2:1 for HD DVD for sure, but it will most likely be 1:1 or a slight lead for HD DVD.

And this has happened.. several weeks so far we've seen 1.5 or less ratio for HD DVD.. from Transformers until now, we've seen numbers going below 60:40.. Was I not right? Again, it has been happening slower then I expected because BDA has been giving away movies for free to maintain pumped up numbers, but they won't be able to do it forever. You'll come to realize that.

The latest numbers are just starting to show that I"m right. Current software sales advantage have come down to 1.2:1 or 56:44. You'll see this come down even more in the upcoming period.

And again, I don't what will be wrong about it, but upcoming period will show what it will show..it's just a matter of time when HD DVD takes over.. not IF it will..

In the end, I'm 100% sure that HD-DVD still outsells Blu-Ray and that this announcement is bought to stir more false excitement into the public, and the statistics are sponsored by who? 20th Century Fox HEY! THe only studio that is HARD CORE about Blu-Ray and stand to lose a lot of money since they decided not to sell HD-DVDs like other studios.

Again, I don't even know the context of what I have said because you just highlight my comments that fit your ideas. I was most likely talking about some PR crap comparing a title or something..

Again, calm down.. you look very ridiculous going around forums trying to find some comments that will make it look like I was wrong.

Edited by Boz

As I said, I was overly enthusiastic with June to end of year numbers.. there's no need in repeating.. I can hardly be right non stop.. again, I still stand behind my assesment that HD DVD will win. Of course as I said, you can't see HD DVDs growth and numbers because you are simply refusing to see it. Free giveaways and setups at retailers so they can count them as sales are really something that shows how much BDA sales reak of desperation to keep the numbers where they are.

what you are saying right now is no different what you were saying back in june. you're still overly enthusiastic.

And this has happened.. several weeks so far we've seen 1.5 or less ratio for HD DVD.. from Transformers until now, we've seen numbers going below 60:40.. Was I not right? Again, it has been happening slower then I expected because BDA has been giving away movies for free to maintain pumped up numbers, but they won't be able to do it forever. You'll come to realize that.

no, you were NOT right as HD-dvd has still to be at 1:1 or a slight lead, blu-ray has won EVERY week so far.

And again, I don't what will be wrong, but upcoming period will show that..it's just a matter of time when HD DVD takes over.. not IF it will..

overly enthusiastic :laugh:

Again, I don't even know the context of what I have said because you just highlight my comments that fit your ideas. I was most likely talking about some PR crap comparing a title or something..

see that's the problem, not even you know what you're talking about half the time and no, i highlight your comments so i can prove to you that you are wrong over and over and over again.

Again, calm down.. you look very ridiculous going around forums trying to find some comments that will make it look like I was wrong.

there is only one person i am making look ridiculous by posting these quotes, it is you and your overly enthusiastic comments.

what you are saying right now is no different what you were saying back in june. you're still overly enthusiastic.

no, you were NOT right as HD-dvd has still to be at 1:1 or a slight lead, blu-ray has won EVERY week so far.

overly enthusiastic :laugh:

no, i highlight your comments so i can prove to you that you are wrong over and over and over again.

there is only one person i am making look ridiculous by posting these quotes, it is you and your overly enthusiastic comments.

You are the ONE who deals with extremes.. don't you understnad that.. CLOSE TO 1:1 or some lead is not as saying it will be 1:1 or htat HD DVD will have a lead.. I say it might happen or come close it.. there's a distinction.. and yes.. 1.38:1 is CLOSE to 1:1.. especially when we see that software advantage was from 4:1 and 3:1 in Q1 and Q2 and now we are looking at 1.5:1 and lower..

Why am I arguing with you.. god I'm just wasting my time.. don't make go through your POSTS PLEASE!! You've made so many asinine statements that's hard to list them all.. but it's absolutely ridiculous to do so, especially because I really don't think very much of your fanboy fueled rethoric or logic for that matter. You bring very little facts to any argument. When I argue, I give my opinion, but I supply valid facts..

I'm done responding to your posts.. jesus...

You are the ONE who deals with extremes.. don't you understnad that.. CLOSE TO 1:1 or some lead is not as saying it will be 1:1 or htat HD DVD will have a lead.. I say it might happen.. there's a distinction..

Why am I arguing with you.. god I'm just wasting my time.. don't make go through your POST PLEASE!! You've made so many asinine statements that's hard to list them all.. but it's absolutely ridiculous to do so, especially because I really don't think very much of your fanboy fueled rethoric.

I'm done responding to your posts.. jesus...

go find them and list them and we can discuss my predictions that i have made and yours.

i am glad that you are done responding to my posts, now if you can please do the same with my topics and everyone will be happy.

I can hardly be right non stop

Hahaha, quote of the year?

Boz, if anything you have been wrong non stop.

Not only have you been wrong, but you also change your story all the time so it suits your purpose better.

Make a decision and dont flip flop the next month.

I doubt you have realised this, but you have lost credibility in alot of peoples eyes. And you did it all by yourself ;)

Hahaha, quote of the year?

Boz, if anything you have been wrong non stop.

Not only have you been wrong, but you also change your story all the time so it suits your purpose better.

Make a decision and dont flip flop the next month.

I doubt you have realised this, but you have lost credibility in alot of peoples eyes. And you did it all by yourself ;)

thank you, exactly what I have been trying to say. now if all the peps that PM'd me would post the same, more people would realize.

i hope he looks up my posts and realizes that the only prediction and statement that I have made is that blu-ray is winning, which is 100% true.

you have no idea how badly I want february to come so I can post thread with the topic "warner never switched to hd-dvd and never will"

Seeing this happen is not really unexpected. It's common here for movie retailers to not even carry HD-DVD movies. Their HD sections implicitly being the Blu-ray section. At the same time, Blu-ray is currently outselling HD-DVD at 3:1 as usual, since probably around a year back at least. :p

The market penetration of the PS3 as a HD player is so big that I don't really see HD-DVD putting up much of a competition at this point.

And it doesn't matter if this is mostly due to the PS3 (probably) or anything else. Once more have picked up the format, for any reason, standalone Blu-ray players will have an easier time in the future if the PS3 interest would wane, because it'll be far more common to see retailers carrying the format already.

I can't say I'm annoyed either. I like the Blu-ray format, despite having regional locking. It was just a minor inconvenience with DVD's and I'm used to dealing with that part. Otherwise, it really shines in recording technology where I haven't seen many HD-DVD recorders putting up a fight for a competitive cost with recordable discs at around 60% the cost of a BD-R one. If one is supposed to be "against" them just because Sony back the format, well that always felt a little childish to me. Microsoft supporting HD-DVD hasn't exactly got a heavenly track record in public relations either.

thats not the reason im "against" them.... it's cause sony is a shady company putting rootkit's on peoples pc's a while back etc etc.... plus there blu-ray players are a arm and a leg right now... HD-DVD players are MUCH cheaper (half price-ish)

it just sucks that both side are "going exclusive" to one format or the other is what i dont like... cause some movies that i like seem to be only on blu-ray and others are on hd-dvd... cause if ALL movies where released on BOTH formats... there would be little to no reason to buy blu-ray cause of the price of the HD-DVD standalone players are FAR cheaper and quality is pretty much the same.... plus i heard somewhere that the blu-ray standard keeps changing? ... while HD-DVD has been the same since day one.

all-in-all i hope HD-DVD wins.... only thing that stands out to me about blu-ray is it's storage space.... although i did see a blu-ray movie on a 3000-4000dollar LCD Samsung 52" HDTV @ 1080p and it looked fricking great on that TV with his blu-ray player although i was told image quality wise hd-dvd and blu-ray are the same.

but as of now... i dont own a HDTV myself... so i aint in a hurry to rush into buying one... ill most likely hold off til there a clear winner which probably wont be for atleast another 2-3 years from now ill bet.... if i wanna see a movie in HD ill usually "get" it in x264 format ;) ... this way u aint gotta worry about if it's on blu-ray or hd-dvd ;)

Edited by ThaCrip

Talk about extreme hate:

The official website of the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) has been hacked and is now directing traffic to the website of a not-so-perfect competitor. Do not be alarmed by this act of cyber-terrorism; the BDA is just fine. Until the problem gets resolved, please refrain from visiting that site.

It's fixed, but still...