What is an MVC?

Congratulations guys. I reconigse a few names but soms seem completely to me. Probably because of the nickname change thing that's now available. I used it to get back to my old self. :p

Soit, congratulations!

:) thanks a lot guys

Congrats to the others mvc :)

KoL - the saviour of the Windows XP styles section (Y)

To echo what others have said, a lot of the names on there are really derserving, you guys are a credit to the site, and definately something to perspire to (Y)

KoL - the saviour of the Windows XP styles section (Y)

To echo what others have said, a lot of the names on there are really derserving, you guys are a credit to the site, and definately something to perspire to (Y)

I think you mean Aspire :p

Sounds like a very good idea. I'm glad BudMan got invited, he really deserved it for all his help in the Networking forum. (Y).

Congratulations to everyone who's been nominated.

Thanks for the support Echilon -- I try ;) Even if quite a few of my posts come off rough an straight to the point. I really do not mean to offend anyone, nor should anyone take what I say in a post personal.

I just really do not have time/desire to word my posts anything but honestly and straight to the point.. If I think something is stupid or asinine I will state as such, you can be sure! Has this straight/honest opinion gotten me some warnings? Sure a few over the years :rofl:

But I really just want to help. If you need some, just stop by the network an security section - or the OS sections, etc.

The MVC avatar and graphics in general look pleasing to the eyes. Great job whomever whipped them up.

I still think a karma based system may not be a bad idea, while I would say that should be the sole nominator to MVC status i think it may be useful as a tool from a community standpoint as to who else deserves recognition that may not normally be a super active participant. (ala quality posts vs quantity)

Just a thought

I still think a karma based system may not be a bad idea, while I would say that should be the sole nominator to MVC status i think it may be useful as a tool from a community standpoint as to who else deserves recognition that may not normally be a super active participant. (ala quality posts vs quantity)

Can't say that I really agree on that logic but that's just me. I would say that it's both important to be active and have quality posts that are helpful to the members, making Neowin a great place to be and inviting to newcomers, etc.

I guess it'll depend on what you are classifying as "super active"...If someone made 100 "quality posts" I wouldn't feel they'd be a person eligible for a badge solely on "quality posts".

I'm glad BudMan got invited, he really deserved it for all his help in the Networking forum.

Damn straight!

Even if quite a few of my posts come off rough an straight to the point.

You post factually, and point out where the shortcomings of lesser solutions are!