What is an MVC?

That's a pretty nice idea! :)

I especially like how you didn't set up a special set of "rules" to fulfill since that could possibly be exploited. Hopefully this will help in giving people more incentive to help out on various boards around here. :)

I came here through the front page link and didn't even know which board this topic was in, and was going to answer "Well it's short for Model-View Controller". :p

An absolutely brilliant idea the MVC group! It will act as an incentive for both the current MVCs and other members to continue to provide excellent help and, in some cases, start helping more.

I love the idea and I believe it will make Neowin much better (not that it can get mich more better as it is the only good Technology forum out there IMO).

Congratulations to the people who made the cut!

I want to raise a point i made in a different thread about MVC's:

Despite some initial disbelief, I think the idea and they way it has been set up are great.

On the other hand, I feel very strongly about clear rules and impartiality in the shape of a clear definition of what an MVC is and what criteria is used in choosing one.

Labeling useful members as MVC's is a very positive thing for Neowin, I'd just like to see it formalized.

What would I possibly be able to help with :/

You would help out the site by paying a little subscription fee which is around ? 10. If 1000 members subscribe Neowin would already have ? 10 000 to run the site. Having so much money would help a lot and therefore they'd be able to have fewer adds.

You would help out the site by paying a little subscription fee which is around ? 10. If 1000 members subscribe Neowin would already have ? 10 000 to run the siHaving so much money would help a lot and therefore they'd be able to have fewer adds...

and flashy cars, and mansions, and a butler...

ok, I j:rofl:ofl:

You would help out the site by paying a little subscription fee which is around ? 10. If 1000 members subscribe Neowin would already have ? 10 000 to run the site. Having so much money would help a lot and therefore they'd be able to have fewer adds.

I don't think the ads will disappear because they bring in extra revenue.

Couch potato and everyone who said that, would I get a MVC badge :D ?

No. ;)

and flashy cars, and mansions, and a butler...

ok, I jest :rofl:

Why do you think I live in Belgium? I'm waiting for the right day and then I'll attack Holland and take Redmak as hostage.

I don't think the ads will disappear because they bring in extra revenue.

Probably depending on how much people register. I'm talking in the biggest hypothese ever but if everyone were to register there would be no needs for ads.

No. ;)

Why do you think I live in Belgium? I'm waiting for the right day and then I'll attack Holland and take Redmak as hostage.

Probably depending on how much people register. I'm talking in the biggest hypothese ever but if everyone were to register there would be no needs for ads.

Yeah the problem is the forum is open to guests so its best to have the ads there for them even tho they are reading the threads they might click something.

I would be interested to know how much on average (not the real amount) that the ads bring in?

• 4 months later...