xbox live down?

can not play at all online, grrr, can not even message people, its soo frustrating. Going to play warhawk instead. Im glad im using the 48 hours codes on live instead of a proper subscription, i would be well annoyed if i had the full shabang and it was not working.

Good thing I bought GH3 2 days ago so I can enjoy that offline! But yeah in general Live is being ghey. It takes about 3 minutes of swirly icon before it finally connects to live, and even then its still dodgy.

Arcade games don't seem to be affected for me. Signs me into Live when I load up for example Puzzle Quest, was able to host and play a few games with my friend over Live fine then went back to Dash and I get all sorts of problems :s

I can't connect either. It says I am connected, my friends pop up, but it still has the "connect to live" button under my username. Also, my girlfriend is trying to create a gamertag and it keeps telling me that XBOX live is unnavailable. Go figure. I pay some $50 a year and I get stuck with being unable to play for a few days. Sweet!

Gotta love the status saying "up and running" to boot. :no:

I can't login properly.

No friends tab showing, even though they flash up that they are online ???

Happening to me too. This is also showing up on digg and Engadget, so its pretty widespread I would believe.

Edit: Jugalator and acxz beat me to the punch.

The more sites that publish the issues, the better off we will be. Personally, $50/year isn't much considering how much use I get out of it but it seems like every few days Major Nelson has some sort of blog about Live being down.

1pm - Live service is fixed and everything is fine.

2pm - Live service is down and we are working around the clock to fix it.

I guess having all the money and thousands of employees doesn't get you everything. :/

I admit defeat today. I can't get into any of my games at all including; Guitar Hero 3 and Call of Duty 4. Live is completely killing all of my games, so I just gave up trying to play any tonight.

yeah i cant sign into live either, it flashes for a second that ive signed in and then it says im signed out again immediately after

Yep.. it was working fine earlier but now it's dead.

At least now they have the truth on the Xbox Live support page.

Users may experience issues logging into Xbox Live. We are aware of the issue and are currently working to resolve it. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I just can't believe that they didn't prepare better for the holiday onslaught of new gamers and old gamers all getting on at once! I hope it is fixed before the rest of break is over (less than 5 days left).

according to major nelsons twitter...it should be back up??

I am signed in to LIVE reading messages, updating twitter, reading email about LIVE and ripping CD's all at the same time. My head hurts. 17 minutes ago from web

I just got a message over LIVE asking me if was fun working at Xbox. I can tell you that today is NOT one of those fun days. 21 minutes ago from web

For those waiting to recover their accounts...we are working in it. 30 minutes ago from web

You guys and girls have been great. Thanks for your patience. 32 minutes ago from web

Signed in fine.....now reading my messages. 37 minutes ago from web

If you could not sign in to LIVE....try now. 40 minutes ago from web

I am signing on to LIVE to see how things are going. 41 minutes ago from web

I can't stress enough that Account Recovery should ONLY be used in emergencies. about 1 hour ago from web