post your LINUX Desktop

:crazy: well excuse me, my bad. i'm a linux newb who doesn't know much about them. :angry: that is why i asked here first and watned to see what they were like. i didn't know that there were so many. :rolleyes: oh well, water under the bridge. :unsure: if i see some i like i'll aks for a link for where it came from. that was like my first post in this realm of the boards anyway so please don't hate me for beign newbish in the linux world people. :blush: moving right along on.... :wacko:

Ryan.?

oops, uhm, it was to gamma. i didn't mean to sound offensuive. thought they was made clear with the :rolleyes: :wacko: smiles. no harm was intended. i'm sorry. sounds like it's time for me to leave the linux thread and not return.... :no: :unsure:

Ryan.?

mandrake using kde3.1

style: mosfet liquid

wp: kine_vs_warped_r3

icons-panel&system:steel

icons desktop: assorted

xmms skin:aquaxmms

gkrellm skin:h20

kde_again_th.jpg

thanks m8 :happy: i was suffering from insomnia all this week, so my posting may be a bit odd for a while. :wacko:

Ryan.

geez?

edit - saw the site. very nice tux bliss related wallpaper right on front page!:D:D thanks again m8, no hard feelings, okay?:):)

BTW are you using winex to use all those games? except ut2k3 i know has a linux installer.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but the games he has on his desktop are:

Q3, Team Arena, Q2,RTCW, and UT2k3--all of these have Linux ports and winex wouldn't be required.

WOW nacs, that's REALLY nice man!! where can I get that theme? that's the most beautiful Linux theme I have ever seen.

Congratulations!

The theme is called "Keramik" and the icons are the "Freecurve" icon set. For GTK applications, I've applied the "Bluecurve" theme (originally made my Redhat).

If you don't have these themes/icons on your system, look it up at kde-look.org. I believe they're all available there.

This is actually my latest desktop (mdk 9 with kde 3.1).

did you use Konstruct to get mk9 to have 3.1? or if not, what did you use?

Yes, konstruct. It did give me one or 2 errors at first but they were all dependency errors. A quick urpmi <nameofdependency> then running konstruct again made it work fine for me.

Compiled in just a couple of hours too.

btw, i want to use that wallpaper i mentioend from that site earlier, but i'm even more of a linux newb? that i have no idea what to use for its files to get them usable on Windows? so who here is willing to take up that odd request i asked earlier and send me some usable Linux related wallpaper for Windows? still preferably whatever Linux? comes with by default. thanks. i'd rather not post this in the wallpaper request section. i am despised there with a passion i'm sure. right Radish??

:alien:alien:

Mandrake 9 with KDE 3 (Old screenie--will update soon).

quick question to you:

how do you get the KDE bar shrunk like that, and how do u enable transparency? I've tried this 200 billion times with like 20 diff distros and every time i enable transparenty, its not transparent.

Hardware Specs:

P3 450Mhz

Intel 440BX Motherboard

384MB PC100 SDRAM

3DFx Voodoo3 3000 AGP Graphics

12.6GB Quantum FB HDD

12X CD ROM