Windows Media Player 12

Has anybody got the Play To function to work with an Xbox360 like in the keynote? I'm sharing my music with Homegroup, Windows can see my Xbox as a media device and my Xbox can access and play my music, but the Play To menu in WMP says No Media Devices Found.

Any ideas?

Has anybody got the Play To function to work with an Xbox360 like in the keynote? I'm sharing my music with Homegroup, Windows can see my Xbox as a media device and my Xbox can access and play my music, but the Play To menu in WMP says No Media Devices Found.

Any ideas?

Has anybody had any luck with this?

Any ideas?

I managed to sort this. I needed to setup the Xbox Extender and now it works, and it's brilliant!

I managed to sort this. I needed to setup the Xbox Extender and now it works, and it's brilliant!

You mean the media center extender?

i never liked WMP, especially because of the organization area, i find simpler solutions like rhythmbox and songbird better, with less useless crap, and more customization.

I have read that there is a bug with streaming videos to the xbox. I know with both me and my brothers, we cant see movies in the movie folder on the xbox. However, using Windows Media Center works just fine

Anybody knows how to get that Play Stop Button toolbar in Windows 7 when i minimize it.

you cant. the only way is to hover over the icon and the play/pause buttons should appear.

you cant. the only way is to hover over the icon and the play/pause buttons should appear.

ah! thanks .. :) Although would have still preferred the old toolbar.

Armin Van Buuren on the sound waves ... "Door Bell rings" .. Hover Mouse over WMP12 Icon ... Pop up appears .. Click Pause .. Open Door... hmmm!

If only there was an iPod plugin for wmp12 that worked with an iPod Touch modified so that it doesn't check the database hash.

dopisp and wmpod haven't been updated in ages, and despite mine tweaked to not care about the new database hash, they won't sync with it. The foobar and winamp plugins will, and so I've been using those...But I don't want to.

Man WMP12 is such a mess right now. What the heck happened to the tag editor? I can't even find a way to put in album art or edit detailed tag information like in WMP11. The Taskbar popup buttons are almost useless considering even laptop keyboards have shortcuts for pausing, next, and previous now. What we need is a seekbar, maybe some way to access the current playlist directly from the popup (not sure if it's possible), and at least SHOW THE NAME OF THE FRIGGIN SONG PLAYING in the preview title bar!

ah! thanks .. :) Although would have still preferred the old toolbar.

Armin Van Buuren on the sound waves ... "Door Bell rings" .. Hover Mouse over WMP12 Icon ... Pop up appears .. Click Pause .. Open Door... hmmm!

The Taskbar popup buttons are almost useless considering even laptop keyboards have shortcuts for pausing, next, and previous now. What we need is a seekbar, maybe some way to access the current playlist directly from the popup (not sure if it's possible), and at least SHOW THE NAME OF THE FRIGGIN SONG PLAYING in the preview title bar!

I agree with this. I mentioned it to Brandon Live in another Windows 7 thread a while ago, and other people also agreed. He said he'd pass the feedback onto the relevant teams (WMP and Explorer), but said the APIs for the thumbnails only support buttons rather than seekbars etc.

I'm really missing the option to skip songs and see what's playing without opening WMP. If they don't add it back I'm sure somebody can write a plugin or something.

I agree with this. I mentioned it to Brandon Live in another Windows 7 thread a while ago, and other people also agreed. He said he'd pass the feedback onto the relevant teams (WMP and Explorer), but said the APIs for the thumbnails only support buttons rather than seekbars etc.

I'm really missing the option to skip songs and see what's playing without opening WMP. If they don't add it back I'm sure somebody can write a plugin or something.

well you can still skip songs... the pop up has pause and skip buttons. All they need to do is show the noe wplaying in the thumbnail.

Tried to use the 0 seconds crossfading and gess what, no gapless playback.

Meh.

That's great, WMP just destroyed gapless info from the 3 files I've played with it, isn't there an option so it does NOT modify any file when playing it?

(I've already uncheked the "retrieve track info from internet" thing)

Edited by undu

Tried to use the 0 seconds crossfading and gess what, no gapless playback.

That's great, WMP just destroyed gapless info from the 3 files I've played with it, isn't there an option so it does NOT modify any file when playing it?

Gapless never touches files, it's just how the files are played back.

For what file type? The most common mistake is that people have ... a not-legitimate codec that's single-instance and stomps on the system MP3 codec that is not single-instance. Thus the preroll used for gapless (gap of 0 between clips - if the clips start / end with silence, that's a clip issue) wouldn't be supported if that was on the system.

Nope, DivX 3 is not MPEG4 compliant.
Duh. "DivX ;-)" aka DivX 3.11 was not made by DivX and is Microsoft MPEG 4vX with strings edited. I never said it was MPEG4 "compliant". If you want to try to start making sense of the DivX fiasco, goooooooood luck. <3

Duh. "DivX ;-)" aka DivX 3.11 was not made by DivX and is Microsoft MPEG 4vX with strings edited. I never said it was MPEG4 "compliant". If you want to try to start making sense of the DivX fiasco, goooooooood luck. <3

If by the DivX fiasco you mean the failed Circuit City format, that had nothing at all to do with the current DivX company or the hacked DivX 3.11 codec. If I misunderstood nevermind though. :)

Naw, I'm specifically referring to the nightmarish "~MPEG4-in-AVI" ""DivX"" fiasco that's imploded and haunted multimedia for the past ten years. I know this area far too well, sadly.

IIRC, Gej bought the DivX trademark, which is why I used DivX. Plus it helps you realize I'm referring to the DivX corporation as opposed to the other more common uses for the term. The whole thing is a fustercluck, and I understand why people get confused about it. Let's be done with this aspect of the conversation. I guarantee I'm not confused about it, and it's not realllly topical w.r.t. WMP12. :)