Whats the big deal with MacBook Air?

So what?

That's true, people sometimes have the same reaction about you to but we still accept you. :p

Anyway, I'm still with sanctified on this one. It's a marketing test Apple did to see how the question will evolve. Lets all wait a while and see what the future brings because we're going in repetition modus with the previous posts. Everything has been said before.

Yeah they are old, that was my point. They did something years ago that Apple is bragging about today, and did it better. The Macbook Air is underpowered for it's price, simply being thin is a stupid reason to pay so much and get so little. The Macbook Pro is far more powerful, more expandable, has a replaceable battery, is almost as thin and light as this anyway and get this...it's cheaper!

The MacBook Pro isnt cheeper for 1.

The Air compared to the competition for ultra portables is faster and has larger storage, plus its cheeper than some.

As far as the worlds thinnest goes, it is at the moment. Whats in the past is in the past. Just the same way at the worlds fastest road car 10 years ago isnt the worlds fastest road car now. Its what you can buy at the time, whats actually in production.

• 2 weeks later...

i think it s not bad to try to make somethin that good lookin and thin. Big deal or not...well...its mostly ur decision, it depends on ur money in pocket and how you really like it. I have hold it in my hand and i must say its like a bit bad with handling(dunno how to describe..it s like when u handle with a book with hardcover and then with a sheet of paper- I dont think not always thinner = much better). But in some points Apple did great job...pretty usefull things like light sensor and multi-t pad ...these are things that other laptop makers could add in their products. At the end...even i can buy the macbook air...i dunt think it would fit to me. I want that my laptop does good work as a laptop. Development doesnt mean to have more devices in ur house/in ur pocket.

Finally i wont try convince ppl to buy it or not to buy it..cauz i dont really know what they like and what they need.

*srry for my crappy english*

I would love to have a Macbook Air. I can sell my MacBook and get an Air but one thing that I don't like, just 1 USB. :/

Depends when you need more than one USB slot KoL. When you're mobile you shouldn't need more than 1 USB slot, at least that's what I thing. Mobility is all about carrying a little around. If you're at home hooking your Macbook Air to an external monitor and then needing more USB slots (mouse, external hard drive, printer, ...) you can just get a - separately powered - USB hub giving you another 4,5 or even more slots.

I wouldn't mind that way of working because, once again, when I'm mobile I don't even use any USB slots. The trackpad does its work just fine and I can see no other reason why I would need a USB slot in my car, on the plane or anywhere else.