Neowin Digital Gallery

I think you used too large of an aperture on that ladybug, starblob. There's a tiny little strip that's in focus, and it's like 1/4 the way down its body.

that was the smallest aperture I could use with the reversed lens

Love the colours in your aquarium photos, giga. What post processing did you apply to your very last image to get that nice warm effect, it's very nice.

Thanks! To achieve the colors of the last one, I applied several light color overlays of orange/brown and blue. Reduced the opacity so it wouldn't drown out the image and I think changed the blending mode to soft light or so.

Oh ok. What two lenses did you use?

can't quite remember off hand.

I think I had the standard 18-55mm kit lens on normally...then possibly a 50mm one reversed.

But I couldnt find anyway of changing the aperture on that one as thats controlled by the camera electronically, so it stayed open at 1.8

yeah it's the kid again :p Some Valentines themed shots.

2242219827_2f0a950ef6.jpg2243012446_6c553042af.jpg

2243011182_7b0f6a3a56.jpg

2242219699_c512974eea.jpg

the last one cracks me up.. she looks like such a little diva, i told her to wave her arms around, and this is how one of the shots came out..lol

these are the settings used

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT

Exposure: 1/4000 sec

Aperture: f/3.5

Focal Length: 50 mm

ISO Speed: 400

All shot in AV mode with aperture priority.

However there was alot of pp done to the last two shots due to me having incorrect settings, as you can probably tell there was no need for iso400 and the originals were really blown out, luckily i was able to save most of them in photoshop.

but otherwise moonman is right on the money, cloudy skies and snow on the ground is amazing lighting.

Holly Hell Dallas, no 8 is a giant!

He is tall (6"2') maybe, the way his feet are pointing gives the allusion that he is taller then he really is.

But wow he does look huge in that photo.

How'd you do that first one, tantawi?

This was in a historical castle in Alexandria, a dark path leading to an exit in noon sunlight, a bit of slow shutter + higher ISO (because it was hand held), creates this effect.

1/25 second - F/11 - 21 mm - ISO-400

I just got back from a weekend trip, and it was to Hearst Castle. Unfortunately the lighting was horrible inside, and they don't allow flash (like I need it) or tripods, so I had to shoot at 1/10-1/60 exposure to get anything to show up, hence blurry pictures as a result.

But I did happen to get some really good shots both inside and out, here is a link to all the images, since there are quite a lot of them and they might kill this topic if I posted all of them.

http://emn1ty.deviantart.com/gallery/#Hearst-Castle