Forthcoming changes on Bans & Moderations

• 2 weeks later...
i say make this forum viewable to subscribers only :) That way nosey people will have to pay to see ban and warn reasons :)

Why? It's not about nosey people...

@johnnyftw: Yes you can but remember, dynamic.

Edited by Couch Potato

Hmmm... Causing trouble for the trouble-makers? Hmmmm...

well i just don't get the whole thing of making things public why/when/who and whatnot. it will only create threads of people complaining and/or complaining and will cause extra work for the staffers...that's just my opinion.

Cant you ban by IP Address?

If only people weren't assigned different IP addresses at times by their ISP. If only proxies didn't exist.

:p

That's a great idea Neobond! You guys are the best!! That's exactly what a site like this needs, good control and overhead. Keep up the good work NeoWin :p

Cant you ban by IP Address?

Yes, forums ban by IP address. In the case of dynamic IP's we just have to re-ban when we see the poster back on the forum. Eventually the individuals give up and go haunt someone else. At my forum, in the rare instances when we do need to ban someone we also delete his or her accout.

Yes, forums ban by IP address. In the case of dynamic IP's we just have to re-ban when we see the poster back on the forum. Eventually the individuals give up and go haunt someone else. At my forum, in the rare instances when we do need to ban someone we also delete his or her accout.

Not only that but people who live in the same district could also find themselves banned for no reason.

Ive hit 100% at least twice and Im still here, I think I was down to 40% warning when I had a break from posting, then got a couple of warnings just for the fun of it and went back up to 80%.

To be honest, I couldnt care less about warnings lol, they arent going to stop me from saying what I feel like saying.

the new system should be interesting, can't wait to see it in action. Also as someone mentioned earlier, it would be awesome to have a place where you can see your own warnings and the reason.

Ive hit 100% at least twice and Im still here, I think I was down to 40% warning when I had a break from posting, then got a couple of warnings just for the fun of it and went back up to 80%.

To be honest, I couldnt care less about warnings lol, they arent going to stop me from saying what I feel like saying.

Then maybe we should ban you and be done with it, no? Very few people have got the chances you have. The least you can do is comply with the rules we lay out.

Radish?

That way nosey people will have to pay to see ban and warn reasons :)

Not all of us have the time to lay down $10 for something we might get banned from anyways.

Hopefully it will stop you from breaking them again, I know my current 20% was an accident but I learnt now to mention what I mentioned before.

You must be very proud of yourself.

Maybe not, but decency, respect and maturity should at least prevent you from typing unecessary/warnable/bannable things. That is if you have those qualities intact.

Everyone makes a mistake or two, but multiple mistakes... Try learning from wrong doings.

Warnings for the "fun of it"? :sleep:

Warnings for the "fun of it"? :sleep:

But there is?also alot of people, such as myself, who ain't really fussed about "warnings" in the slightest.

Warning 1 - Aug 29 2006

Warning 2 - Sep 22, 2006

Warning 3 - Sept 5, 2007

Warning Reduction 1 - Mar 21, 2007

Warning Reduction 2 - Mar 3, 2008

I'm at 20% right now, the time difference between the warnings and reductions is odd to say the least...

I'm at 20% right now, the time difference between the warnings and reductions is odd to say the least...

Actually, the time differences make perfect sense.

Warning 1 - Aug 29 2006

Warning 2 - Sep 22, 2006

Reduction 1 - Mar 21, 2007

Warning 3 - Sept 5, 2007

Reduction 2 - Mar 3, 2008

You got your first warning, then a second one before the 6 month auto-reduction. After that second warn, there was a six month gap, then an auto-reduction. You were good at following the rules :p for six months, then warned, 6 months later auto-reduced. The reason the last reduction is two days ahead nstead of 1 was it was a leap year this year most likely.

Odd however that you were a good poster for a year though with no warnings, those 6 month gaps are interesting, you planning another warn this September, maybe try a late august this time? haha j/k :p

Those warnings came after I left the Windows modding community and got into gaming instead. Let's just say there were quite a few heated discussions in the Sony forum.

Oh so its reduction every 6 months? Not 6 months after the warning itself? So that means I have another 6 months before I'm at 0%? :D