The Big Wrestling Thread!

Nobody watches WWE anymore? :p

I don't bother either. WWE is not broadcasted down here so I'm forced to download the episodes. Nowadays I just read the news on their site and occasionaly watch a video.

Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.

These are the only ppvs i will watch in 2009. The same i did this year. If something particular happens (which i think is extremely rare) then i will head over to youtube.

• Like 2

Even the Royal Rumble has lost its goodness, I remember the times when I was 9/10 years old and hearing the 50 second countdown it was just awesome now its like "oh god here comes another mid carder"

I haven't watched WWE since about a month after Jim Ross was moved to SmackDown and the draft was finalized, it completely ruined it for me and to be honest there's too much drama and stories and not enough wrestling... even the pay-per-view events aren't worth watching now in my opinion.

Guys, If there is nothing to discuss then atleast tell your fav. wrestler of all time. :shifty:

My fav. are:

Stone Cold

Undertaker

Triple H (Best heel in the history of WWE)

Rock ( The 2003 heel version was very funny :laugh: )

Kane :o :p

• Like 2

Hulk Hogan without a doubt is my favorite of all time. I was in MSG when he beat the Iron Sheik for the title and I never looked back. Grew up with him so he'll always have a special place.

Others would include Ric Flair, The Rock, Jake Roberts, Bruno Sammartino, Macho Man Randy Savage, Tito Santana, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Chris Benoit (I know it's not good to mention, but as a wrestler he was amazing), and my current favorite for the past 10+ years - Chris Jericho. He is the man.

I probably don't have a list of favourites but ones that I admire would be Flair,Mr Perfect,Hogan,Warrior and as LOC said Chris Benoit he may not of been perfect but in the ring he was a legend.

Hulk Hogan without a doubt is my favorite of all time. I was in MSG when he beat the Iron Sheik for the title and I never looked back. Grew up with him so he'll always have a special place.

Yes, He is one of the best wrestlers but i liked his NWO gimmick more. :p

Other wrestlers i liked:

Eddie Guerrero: Lie, cheat & steal gimmick was very funny and awesome as well.

Brock Lesnar: Here comes the pain but he quit WWE very early. :p

Also Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels & Kurt Angle.

• Like 2

I'll have to go back further than some of you guys. I do tend to favor heels.

Ric Flair - best ever (at least since it became worked). Carried territorial wrestling for a decade and then made the switch to large promotions and drew for another two decades. He was at top for so long you could easily name an entire era after him. So over as a heel that he had fans a decade before the cool heel gimmick started. Drew business with his promos and ringwork without none of the promotional money that his competition had.

Founding Fathers - Lou Thesz, Karl Gotch, Evan Lewis, Ed Lewis, Georg Hackenschmidt, Frank Gotch,. Back before working or the start of it anyhow.

Territorial Days- Buddy Rogers, Harley Race, Antonio Inoki, Gorgeous George (practically invented the heel), Andre the Giant, Nick Bockwinkle, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Ivan and Nikita Koloff, Ricky Steamboat, Bill Eadie aka Masked Superstar, The Great Muta, Superstar Billy Graham, Great Kabuki, Bruiser Brody, Giant Baba.

Tag Teams - Road Warriors, Rock and Roll Express, Midnight Express, Brain Busters/Horsemen, Fabulous Freebirds, Barry Windham and Mike Rotundo.

More Modern - The Rock, Steve Austin, Curt Hennig, Bret and Owen Hart, Sid Vicious, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Triple H, Steven Regal, Fit Finley, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Lance Storm, Tazz, Scott Norton, Sgt. Slaughter, Samoa Joe.

The Ladies - Trish, Victoria, Molly Holly, Lita, Gail Kim, Melina, Mickie James.

I HATED the way they handled Lita's retirement. It was horrible and very disturbing compared to Trish's. I seriously hope both Trish and Lita wind up coming back, they are certainly young enough, and as RAW showed recently, Trish is still WAY over and WAY popular. As I'm sure Lita would be. To bad WWE botched her retirement.

I HATED the way they handled Lita's retirement. It was horrible and very disturbing compared to Trish's. I seriously hope both Trish and Lita wind up coming back, they are certainly young enough, and as RAW showed recently, Trish is still WAY over and WAY popular. As I'm sure Lita would be. To bad WWE botched her retirement.

There was about a year back then when the females were putting on better matches than the guys were. A lot of the credit goes to Finley and Storm, but most of it goes to Trish, Molly and Lita. Those three were putting on incredible matches. I would love to see all three of them back combined with some of the current girls who can actually work there could be some great matches. I'd also like to see Awesome Kong over there as a monster heel against a combination of those women.

I'll never forget the Trish vs. Mickie James match from Wrestlemani a few years back (at least, I think it was WM might have been another PPV) that was such an awesome match, and it also cemented Mickie as one of the best female workers in the industry.

While we are on the subject of botched angles in female wrestling. I think it was for Wrestlemania 23. The months preceding they had Victoria return to her crazy heel bit, go on a win streak and start squashing opponents. They had her firmly established as a monster heel, better than they ever did with Kane even. On the other side they had Mickie getting the rub from a retiring Trish and she was the best working babyface in the company, guy or girl. She was the dominate face for months and she was so over. I was excited for a really good womens match at WM. One with a great setup, a build time, between two workers who would hopefully be given time to work a great match. I was hoping for a match on the level with some of Trish and Lita's best. Instead they gave us that stupid lumberjill match with whoever was the playboy centerfold that year. That match had about one week of buildup between two girls that had no reason to fued and was horrible. WTF? Last WM that I ordered.

I just turned on Smackdown and that was awful straight off it goes :(

Who remembers...

:laugh:

I don't and I'm a long time wrestling fan. Who is it? I did quit watching in the late 80's til early 90's.

All I'll say about female wrestlers is...Chyna. Giant...you know.

Oh I know :|

@rathefeare thats Bull Nakano she used to wrestle against Alundra Blaze

Rappy, how could you put that diseased man in your sig like that already??!

:laugh:

Got to keep the hype, plus I do it to annoy people :p