The Big Wrestling Thread!

I marked the **** out when I saw Punk coming down that ramp, and then I thought they were going to pull the old bait and switch and have him drop it to JBL.

I've followed Punk for a long time now. Watching someone go from IWA to WWE World Champion is something I'm unsure I'll ever see again.

Tonight's Raw really caught me off guard, and reminded me of the unpredictability of the Attitude era.

This was very, very risky, but I think the E will see if you give Punk a mic (and for the love of god turn him heal), he really shines.

Sad that Edge lost the belt :( And how much actual wrestling did they have on Raw? No wonder i prefer SD. It could have been pretty interesting storyline-wise to not have the title on Raw until the next PPV and allowing them to build up the IC title which is needed.

Plus it does seem strange because i'd heard that the Edge/Taker fued was going to continue and give Taker a long run with the title.

Finally, i wish they would get rid of the spinner belt.

I marked the **** out when I saw Punk coming down that ramp, and then I thought they were going to pull the old bait and switch and have him drop it to JBL.

I've followed Punk for a long time now. Watching someone go from IWA to WWE World Champion is something I'm unsure I'll ever see again.

Tonight's Raw really caught me off guard, and reminded me of the unpredictability of the Attitude era.

This was very, very risky, but I think the E will see if you give Punk a mic (and for the love of god turn him heal), he really shines.

Yeah I wondered that which made Raw very awesome and Raw needed a title belt so I am pleased Edge dropped it, thats an era I want to finish.

red. - SD is the superior brand now but Raw is the flaship show and thus needs a title belt and believe me Trips wouldn't of dropped.

Best Raw is ages tho!

I am quite the opposite I actually hate Orton so that would ruin it for me, but whats this crap that JBL can now create martial law whats this 24 now :p

I hate Orton to, he is just awful. However, I'm glad Edge lost the title. He just doesn't deserve it.

I am pleased Edge dropped it, thats an era I want to finish.

Don't hold your breath Rappy. He'll be thrown at Triple H!

SmackDown Spoilers: The "Edge/Vickie Wedding" is off! And yes, Edge is to be thrown to Triple H at GAB :rolleyes:

They had to end the Edge/Vickie thing. Especially after the farce that was his match at NOC. The last thing that WWE needs is another run of the GM makes sure her man wins every damn match!

Anyway, lets hope Monday Night's RAW is a sign of better things to come and not just a one off!

This is the payoff. We now need to see HHH completely maul Edge. Keep HHH away from the gold for a while - have him build a feud that's based around him being destructive.

I just saw this on a wrestling forum the new WWE Divas Belt...looks right tacky.

<snipped>

:x That is ghastly!

I wasn't sure if I should post this in a new thread or not, so to be safe I'll just post it here :)

Today (July 6th) is the 10 year anniversary of Bill Goldberg winning the WCW Championship when he beat "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan at the Georgia Dome in 1998.

Who remembers that one eh? One of those "I'll never forget them" moments in wrestling for me I'll tell ya. It's just unfortunate that Goldberg never went any place really, since he was a one trick pony (and couldn't sell for his life). But still, one of the greatest moments in wrestling history if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po1rLteMAvM (sorry for the crappy quality)

I remember that, that was during that long 180 undefeated streak he had but then he lost it cheaply to Nash with a taser.

Edge vs HHH... Wooptiedoo. Get rid of Edge.

Get rid of HHH, fed up with him being automatically in every main event. In fact, i remember seeing this a while ago:

It's interesting to note that since the creation of the second WWE Title in September 2002, every Raw title pay-per-view match besides two has featured either Triple H, John Cena or Randy Orton. And in the two shows in which none of the three wrestlers were featured, Triple H was in the main event of both pay-per-views, which of course were pushed bigger than the title matches on those shows. Those two shows are Bad Blood 2004 (featuring Chris Benoit vs. Kane in a long forgotten match with Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels in a 47-minute Hell in the Cell bout as the main event) and Vengeance 2006 (featuring Rob Van Dam vs. Edge in an undercard match and the in-ring reunion of D-Generation X in the main event, who took on the entire Spirit Squad in a 5-on-2 Handicap Match).

and Edge isn't in every main event?

Anyway Raw was good, whats up with the Kane storyline "is he alive or dead" can't be taker because he just left when Edge won.

I remember that, that was during that long 180 undefeated streak he had but then he lost it cheaply to Nash with a taser.

Every week his streak would increase by like 20.

and Edge isn't in every main event?

Recently, yes but not as much as HHH and that was partly to do with SD not having any other main event heels. Maybe it will be different on SD where we won't have to see HHH face Cena/Orton over and over again. But at the moment he bores me to tears which is probably due to him being a face.

And njlouch there are also other people that draw as much as HHH but they aren't in the main event as much as him.

Anyway, I'd like to see a Edge vs Jeff Hardy feud. Jeff is still way over and pairing him against Edge could push him to the next level.