The Big Wrestling Thread!

I enjoyed that PPV if only for the main event which had "this is awesome" chants and the silence when the crossface was applied (toned down just incase?)

Ziggler vs Orton was my favourite match and was not surprised Zigs didn't cash as he was probably dead backstage from the diamond cutter rko!

As reported over the weekend, Matt Morgan has returned to TNA. Morgan did have talks with WWE, but word is that a big part of Morgan's decision was going to be based on how he was going to be used in terms of importance for the company he signed with.
Don't expect the likes of Alex Shelley, Velvet Sky, Devon, Angelina Love or even Hall of Famer Ric Flair to pop up in a WWE ring anytime soon. According to sources, Vince McMahon's company is steering clear of any and all recently affiliated TNA Wrestling talent while the two grappling organizations do battle in court.

No surprise WWE would be avoiding the former TNA wrestlers for now; TNA could probably use it against them in their court battle.

Good

• JBL and JR together on commentary!
  • JBL and JR not caring about Twitter when Michael Cole mentions JR trending and trying to get a reaction out of JBL.
  • JBL ribbing Cole throughout the show and goading him to "say something predictable!"
  • Damien Sandow's promo. "Mr. Ross, 'slobberknocker' is not a word."
  • The crowd chanting "We want Nexus!" during Wade Barrett vs. Justin Gabriel.
  • Jerry "The King" Lawler reuniting with the doctor that saved his life.
  • CM Punk's entrance with Paul Heyman. Borrowing Heyman's watch, and then Heyman giving him a jumping high-five down the entrance ramp!

Bad

• Ziggler being wasted on Santino this week.
    And the image planted into many minds when Vickie Guerrero was called a "snake handler".
  • Orton being wasted on Tensai.
    I can't even believe I'm saying that.
  • The Prime Time Players' promo.
    When Titus said "WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT", I immediately had
    going through my mind.
  • Eve beating Beth Phoenix. With a rollup.
    Yes, I still care about the Divas division, slightly.

WrestleCrap!

• The shameful (even by American standards) Subway-sponsored segment.
    Although I wouldn't mind trying Damien Sandow's version: Cornish gamehen, gouda cheese, and zucchini on "lightly toasted fresh bread".

There has been chatter within WWE of expanding Saturday Morning Slam. Details are sketchy but apparently WWE is hoping the CW Network will give them an hour on Saturdays so they can air another TV show.

That show would be a show focusing solely on cruiserweights with Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara being the stars of the show. This show would see a lot of the indy talents that WWE has been looking at over the past year and a half.

It?s said that Vince McMahon is high on the idea of a cruiserweights TV show.

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/exclusive-news/backstage-news-on-a-possible-wwe-cruiserweights-show/

WWE.com has learned John Cena had surgery to remove bone chips in his elbow today. Dr. Andrews removed several pieces of bone cartilage from Cena's elbow through a scope. Cena will go home today and immediately begin his rehab in Tampa, Fla.

Cena is expected to recover in two to three weeks. An update on his recovery time is expected Thursday when he is reevaluated.

As more information comes available, WWE.com will inform the WWE Universe.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-09-17/cena-undergoes-arm-surgery-26053092