The Big Wrestling Thread!

Guess it's time for predictions for "Night of Champions (Except the Intercontinental Title, as We Don't Give a Flying F**k About That Anymore)"...

Night of Jobbers: The Prime Time Players (Darren Young and Titus O'Neil) vs. Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay and Tensai) vs. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso) vs. 3MB (any pairing of Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, or Jinder Mahal) vs. The Real Americans (Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro) (with Zeb Colter) - Tag Team Turmoil match for a WWE Tag Team Championship match later in the night.
Alberto Del Rio © vs. Rob Van Dam - Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Two scenarios I can think of for this match: Ricardo screws RVD and reveals it was a trick all along, or RVD actually wins, but then Damien Sandow cashes in. I'm going with the former.
The Shield (Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) © vs. Tag Team Turmoil winners - Tag Team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman -  Elimination Handicap match. If Paul Heyman does not compete, he will be fired.
Dean Ambrose © vs. Dolph Ziggler - Singles match for the United States Championship
AJ Lee © vs. Natalya vs. Brie Bella vs. Naomi - Fatal Four-Way match for the WWE Divas Championship
Randy Orton © vs. Daniel Bryan - Singles match for the WWE Championship - Best for business.  :whistle: 

JR did a pretty good interview for Wrestle Talk TV; just saw the second half of it on tonight's episode. If anyone fancies watching it...

Skip to 12:40

Skip to 13:32

Oh, and before anyone says, the full episodes are blocked here in the UK (they prefer we watch it on Challenge, as it actually counts towards their ratings then and helps to secure the show; it's in its third series now), but you can get around it with ProxTube (as if you miss the original 11pm broadcast, you'll have to stay up until like 2am to see the repeat). ;)

not a bad ppv, although it did have some boring bits.

Daniel Bryan is the WWE champion

Guess it's time for predictions for "Night of Champions (Except the Intercontinental Title, as We Don't Give a Flying F**k About That Anymore)"...

Night of Jobbers: The Prime Time Players (Darren Young and Titus O'Neil) vs. Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay and Tensai) vs. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso) vs. 3MB (any pairing of Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, or Jinder Mahal) vs. The Real Americans (Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro) (with Zeb Colter) - Tag Team Turmoil match for a WWE Tag Team Championship match later in the night.
Alberto Del Rio © vs. Rob Van Dam - Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Two scenarios I can think of for this match: Ricardo screws RVD and reveals it was a trick all along, or RVD actually wins, but then Damien Sandow cashes in. I'm going with the former.
The Shield (Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) © vs. Tag Team Turmoil winners - Tag Team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman -  Elimination Handicap match. If Paul Heyman does not compete, he will be fired.
Dean Ambrose © vs. Dolph Ziggler - Singles match for the United States Championship
AJ Lee © vs. Natalya vs. Brie Bella vs. Naomi - Fatal Four-Way match for the WWE Divas Championship
Randy Orton © vs. Daniel Bryan - Singles match for the WWE Championship - Best for business.  :whistle: 

5 for 7 .. not bad. Although I guess it's really 5 for 8, since Curtis Axel did have to defend earlier on against Kofi

• Like 1

5 for 7 .. not bad. Although I guess it's really 5 for 8, since Curtis Axel did have to defend earlier on against Kofi

5.5 seeing as

ADR's still champion

, and impromptu matches don't count. :P Still, better than I usually do. :)

Humourous spoiler tweets coming up...

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

*snipped*

Don't celebrate until you see RAW. Notice the fast count Scott Armstrong made on Bryan's pin? The announcers didn't even acknowledge it, but it was pretty obvious; it's probably gonna be brought up tonight, and I bet they use that as an excuse to strip Bryan of the title, then leave it vacant until Battleground and have them face off for it again.

Don't celebrate until you see RAW. Notice the fast count Scott Armstrong made on Bryan's pin? The announcers didn't even acknowledge it, but it was pretty obvious; it's probably gonna be brought up tonight, and I bet they use that as an excuse to strip Bryan of the title, then leave it vacant until Battleground and have them face off for it again.

Yeah I noticed that, I looked at my friend and said you see that right? and he was like yeah and then nothing happened so I celebrated for a night ;)

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross will be appearing on today's edition of "The MMA Hour" hosted by Ariel Helwani. The official description for the show, which can be heard at MMAFighting.com, reads:

Legendary pro wrestling broadcaster Jim Ross will discuss his departure from WWE and aspirations to work in the MMA world.

Hmmm where have I seen that before...oh right:

*snipped*

Seven year rule well in effect here (that was 13 years ago). (Y)

seven year rule?

It's a term Jim Cornette coined; a kind of unwritten law of wrestling that says after seven years, enough time has passed where a writer can reuse a gimmick or storyline without most of the fans noticing. Obviously, that was before we all had the internet. :p

A perfect example...

sevenyearrule_3516.jpg

2003 and 2010.

According to ProWrestling.net, as of today former TNA Knockout's Champion Mickie James is a free agent, as her contract with TNA Wrestling has officially expired.

James dropped the title to ODB at last week's Impact Wrestling television taping

, and according to the report, will not be signing a new deal with TNA. 

Mickie James actually got her start at TNA in 2002, before signing with OVW and making her WWE debut in 2005, in a high profile feud with WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus. She came back to TNA in 2010, becoming the only wrestler in history to hold the TNA Knockouts, WWE Divas and WWE Women's titles. 

She will be appearing for Wrestling Spectacular in New Jersey on September 21st, signing autographs and working a match with former TNA Knockout Angelina Love. Former WWE Diva Candice Michelle will be acting as the special guest referee for the match. For more information on the event, featuring former Divas like Maria Kanellis, Kelly Kelly, Katie Lee Burchill, and more visit WrestlingSpectacular.com

Well, there goes another knockout. There's only five left in TNA now. :/