The Big Wrestling Thread!

WWE is advertising the January 6th Raw taping, being held at The Baltimore Arena in Baltimore, MD, will have an "Old School" theme.

The dark match main event is being advertised as John Cena vs. Randy Orton for the WWE World Heavyweight Title with Booker T as special referee.

As of this writing, no legends have been announced for the show, but WWE typically brings back several past names for the Old School show.

Good start to the year then. :)

Just a few weeks after the unification of the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight championship, WWE.com is already questioning whether the company should also unify the secondary Intercontinental and United States championships. Who better to discuss a possible unification than the reigning champions themselves, Big E Langston and Dean Ambrose.

Both men agreed that unification is a good idea if it means the secondary title would have more prestige, which it undoubtedly would. While Ambrose was on board with the idea of introducing an entirely new belt, Big E says the United States title should be absorbed into the IC title:

?The Intercontinental Championship should always be around in WWE. It?s very historic, and I don?t think we should lose that history.?

When asked how the belts should be unified, Langston suggested a scaffold match, while Ambrose is in favor of a steel cage match.

When asked directly if they?re ready for a Champion vs. Champion showdown, Langston says he would ?welcome the challenge? and Ambrose said, ?I feel that what I?ve given and sacrificed for the U.S. Title, I?d be willing to put that on the line as a pride thing. It?s just as good as the Intercontinental Title. That?s something I?d be willing to prove.?

Jake "The Snake" Roberts has issued the following statement regarding a possible WWE return and an appearance in the 2014 Royal Rumble match:

"Daily questions on Rumble. Here is my official statement. I have had no contact from WWE. I publicized returning at the Royal Rumble as my goal about a year ago. Looking back, setting goals that are entirely in someone else's hands was not the best idea. My advice, and my practice now is to set goals that you can control. Do your best to control your destiny. If the Rumble happens, I will do my best to put on a memorable performance. If they want to keep me around, I know I can do some cool stuff. It if doesn't, I still have plenty to look forward to. That's all on the Rumble and WWE for a while. Please enjoy the rest of these holidays with your loved ones. Thanks again for all the support. Remember, the Snake ALWAYS bites back."

Hello,

Just a few weeks after the unification of the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight championship, WWE.com is already questioning whether the company should also unify the secondary Intercontinental and United States championships. Who better to discuss a possible unification than the reigning champions themselves, Big E Langston and Dean Ambrose.

Both men agreed that unification is a good idea if it means the secondary title would have more prestige, which it undoubtedly would. While Ambrose was on board with the idea of introducing an entirely new belt, Big E says the United States title should be absorbed into the IC title:

?The Intercontinental Championship should always be around in WWE. It?s very historic, and I don?t think we should lose that history.?

When asked how the belts should be unified, Langston suggested a scaffold match, while Ambrose is in favor of a steel cage match.

When asked directly if they?re ready for a Champion vs. Champion showdown, Langston says he would ?welcome the challenge? and Ambrose said, ?I feel that what I?ve given and sacrificed for the U.S. Title, I?d be willing to put that on the line as a pride thing. It?s just as good as the Intercontinental Title. That?s something I?d be willing to prove.?

I disagree.

There are currently 5 titles in the WWE: Divas, US, Tag Team, Intercontinental and World Heavyweight (which is strangly STILL represented with two belts). I also, without even noticing it, stated them in the weight of their current status.

The Divas title (well, its division) is a joke.

The US title is just hardly defended because Dean is in a tag team situation. He isnt really a singles competitor per say.

The WWE is trying to get its tag team division back in shape. Lets see how that turns out

The Intercontiental title is defended a lot more than the US title.

Personally I (and a lot more people) would bring back the hardcore title. It was just SO fun to see it defended. I mean even if you tone down the hardcore (no shots to the head, no glass, no blood, etc) just seeing them getting attacked in the back, a interviewer getting a pinfall because the hardcore champion was attacked, etc was just ENTERTAINMENT.

Personally I (and a lot more people) would bring back the hardcore title. It was just SO fun to see it defended. I mean even if you tone down the hardcore (no shots to the head, no glass, no blood, etc) just seeing them getting attacked in the back, a interviewer getting a pinfall because the hardcore champion was attacked, etc was just ENTERTAINMENT.

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif