The Big Wrestling Thread!

im convinced oldman goldust is better and has more character than most of the roster.

anglecopyfg3.gif

He is, and does.

It's pretty sad if you think about it.

Stop there.

Its ######ing sad that a near 45 year old can put a better show on than half of the roster.

:rofl:

normal_10.jpg

Actually he, like many mexican wreslters, are almost religious like with the mask.

Mysterio when he did it was against it as well; It was either take it off or lose his (old) job

Actually he, like many mexican wreslters, are almost religious like with the mask.

Mysterio when he did it was against it as well; It was either take it off or lose his (old) job

Except when we know it's Hunico :p

Yeah not in it at all now apparently or the future Slam cartoons

SEScoops reported he's still gonna be in the Slam City cartoons, they just won't mention him at all in the publicity for it. http://www.sescoops.com/latest-backstage-news-cm-punks-wwe-status-plans-going-forward/

WWE is reportedly continuing to distance themselves from CM Punk, with the assumption being that he will not be returning to the company.

One source within WWE noted recently that the script for the WWE Flintstones DVD project, which was originally slated to feature Punk, has been re-written. The script now features Rey Mysterio in a more prominent role.

Additionally, the Camp WWE animated series, which is expected to debut later in 2014, will also see Punk being removed.

Punk is, however, expected to remain as a character in the WWE Slam City animated series. The reason for that is the 24-episode series, which will serve as a promotional vehicle for the action figure line of the same name, has already been completed. Punk?s name will not be used in the promotional material for the show, and while his character will remain included, it will be downplayed in the publicity.

Finally, Punk has been taken off of all WWE promotional videos that air during live events and television tapings, including all of the footage of his recent WrestleMania match against The Undertaker. The clips of his bout with Undertaker were removed from a WrestleMania music video package that has been running in the arena?s at the start of every taping.

Except when we know it's Hunico :p

Is Hunico mexican?

Yes but what I ment is that Im guessing the WWE/he respects the mexican character.

Nope, I dont think the WWE respects anything:

http://www.wrestleview.com/featured-articles/47221-feature-viva-la-raza-lucha-weekly-3-8-14

Sin Cara Update

Wrestling Observer claimed that Mistico/Sin Cara did not show his face or make any other further appearances for AAA following his debut because he is still under a 90 day non-compete with WWE, and that WWE threatened to sue if he appeared on TV. AAA won't actually be able to use him on TV until May.

That is sad.

Speaking of Slam City, I caught a bit of it on Sky Sports this week. Here's the lot so far.

Speaking of Slam City, I caught a bit of it on Sky Sports this week. Here's the lot so far.

Personally, if I was a wrestling fan, I would try to distance myself as much from things like that and that stupid scooby-crap.

Its sad that the WWE is even making that crap :no:

• Like 1

Personally, if I was a wrestling fan, I would try to distance myself as much from things like that and that stupid scooby-crap.

Its sad that the WWE is even making that crap :no:

It's nothing new; WWE's made cartoons before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdvkSbFFq9k

I don't mind them myself; it's for the kids and it makes more sense to have a cartoon alongside the current PG programming. As a more old-fashioned wrestling fan, I'm still covered with NXT, TNA and ROH.

• Like 1

John Cena with the JBL feud was great: good mic skills and JBL really had that heel hat going on. That was one of the main reasons that kids liked John Cena, for he was irreverent, funny and made funny in those rapping segments.

Recently i've seen WWE again and saw Goldust; it's amazing how skinny he is now and he's still kind of crazy, funny, unique and great to watch. It's one of those wrestlers that, without him, the big names won't ever be so big. And yeah, not only he still delivers but he has more personality then most wrestlers which is sad because it shows that people won't learn: to be a successful wrestler one must have great good skills, presence, talent in ring, character and uniqueness.

b574f0ad96goldust.jpg

According to PWInsider.com, the opinion of the current CM Punk WWE situation continues to change backstage in WWE, as it has gone from "Vince is going to take care of this, everything will be fine," to a very negative tone when the subject is brought up.

The general feeling has shifted more to general resentment at this point, as many feel WWE made CM Punk a lot of money and then he just left

According to PWInsider.com, the opinion of the current CM Punk WWE situation continues to change backstage in WWE, as it has gone from "Vince is going to take care of this, everything will be fine," to a very negative tone when the subject is brought up.

The general feeling has shifted more to general resentment at this point, as many feel WWE made CM Punk a lot of money and then he just left

He gave them sweat, blood, and years of his health. He owes them nothing.

Plus, Punk is (was) a contracted worker. It's not like he was a 50-year dedicated career guy working for AT&T or something. If he wants to walk out, he asks for his release or waits until his contract expires. He's not in the NFL or anything after all...

It's nothing new; WWE's made cartoons before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdvkSbFFq9k

I don't mind them myself; it's for the kids and it makes more sense to have a cartoon alongside the current PG programming. As a more old-fashioned wrestling fan, I'm still covered with NXT, TNA and ROH.

Well, obviously I had and have no intrest in them..

BTW, my comment was not directed at calling you or anyone else a wrestling fan or not. I intended to use a general tone.

I finally caught RAW for the first time in a long time this past week.

They really struggle to fill that 3 hours. Then even out of that 3 hours the only good thing was the Bryan match and then they ruined it with the overly long beating by HHH. I mean I know they're trying to get heat on him going into wrestle mania as they're scratching around trying to fix their botched card, but having it go on THAT long with nobody coming out to help him just fell flat and got a but weird by the end.

That was the point though Delta. You were supposed to feel weird, and feel uncomfortable about it. They straddled the line and never went over it, mainly thanks to DB being defiant till the end (YOU HIT LIKE A GIRL...to a girl...lol) and HHH never really going over the top. Though they did throw (hit?) in a head shot with the chair, which was a really nice touch.

That ending segment might have gone maybe 2 minutes to long only because they were already running close to 15 minutes over by that point. The set up, the reveal and the beat down were all handled perfectly. It's very rare in this day and age to get that kind of ending angle on TV, let alone in wrestling.

That was the point though Delta. You were supposed to feel weird, and feel uncomfortable about it. They straddled the line and never went over it, mainly thanks to DB being defiant till the end (YOU HIT LIKE A GIRL...to a girl...lol) and HHH never really going over the top. Though they did throw (hit?) in a head shot with the chair, which was a really nice touch.

That ending segment might have gone maybe 2 minutes to long only because they were already running close to 15 minutes over by that point. The set up, the reveal and the beat down were all handled perfectly. It's very rare in this day and age to get that kind of ending angle on TV, let alone in wrestling.

Hmm, I reckon it did go a bit over the top when HHH drunked Bryan in that cooler, but only because of Stephanie constantly shouting "DROWN HIM!!!".

I just think that it would have been more effective if it were shorter, they clearly were just filling time. Their goal of getting heat on HHH would have been achieved a few minutes earlier, it was definitely weird at the length they went and not in the way they intended.

However, and bearing in mind I lost interest in WWE some time ago so don't know if that kind of thing is regular now, I was pleasantly surprised to see something slightly 'edgy' coming from one of their shows. Enough so to want to check it out again. But I do feel 3 hours is too long, they should be going for quality over quantity they had around 2 hours worth of material the rest was filler and ads.

ridiculous statement - anyone can say whatever they want but the truth is that Punk, like many others, gave everything they could, delivered and worked in spite their health not being in the best conditions. This whole mess is just WWE fault for: screwing up in the creative direction, screwing up in the work conditions and finally for screwing up for not caring for the new talent while making bad choices with the old talent.

With reference to the cartoons (which wow, look terrible)...  This is why the E is for Entertainment.  WWE has become a global entertainment brand, with a wrestling theme.  Meaning they can make any form of entertainment they see fit and theme it to wrestling.

Why?

Because it's all about the audience and merchandise.  It is not about showcasing wrestlers and wrestling, and hasn't been for a long time.  The more varied output they make, the better (for them).

• Like 2