The Big Wrestling Thread!

I gotta ask you guys, what do you think about the poll?

We know about the cena sucks vs lets go cena chants and most time cena sucks is louder but with the poll I mean, its a worldwide poll, right. Basically....you could have swapped Wyatts for El Torito, Horns, and Mini Me and it would have been the same result.

Basically, he said he generates one million dollars in revenue for the company. How much of that is true? What do other guys generate in revenue?

I dont know....but we know that Cena has to have at least ONE heel turn before he retires. Could this poll be the start?

Great idea whoever thought of the poll to see how many truely hate Cena.

Cena generates a ton of money (a million is an extremely low estimate) as a Babyface, so much money that a heel turn would not improve it in any way. The man is the goddamn record holder for the Make a Wish Foundation, which he does as himself and represents the WWE. He isn't turning heel.

As for the poll, I would have loved to see an audit of those voting numbers. In case, you know, the writers decided beforehand what the match would be, regardless of poll outcome, so they would have time to rehearse the spots and finish. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Yup, he looked destroyed. I was thinking, wow, the crowd got him really emotional tonight. But now it makes a lot of sense.

That being said, he missed two RAWs already: One before WM and another one for his honeymoon (Im sorry to be negative but lets see how long that lasts). Yes, they are important of course but when you are in this business, you lose a lot of your personal life.

The pre-WM Raw he missed was VKM keeping him off the air to sell the beatdown. Nothing more.

He will be there next week I guarantee it.

Basically, he said he generates one million dollars in revenue for the company. How much of that is true? What do other guys generate in revenue?

He makes the company WAY more than that.

His salary is between $3-5 million a year plus his cut of endorsements and merchandise. So basically, he makes them at least a couple times that. Probably much more.

Cena generates a ton of money (a million is an extremely low estimate) as a Babyface, so much money that a heel turn would not improve it in any way. The man is the goddamn record holder for the Make a Wish Foundation, which he does as himself and represents the WWE. He isn't turning heel.

As for the poll, I would have loved to see an audit of those voting numbers. In case, you know, the writers decided beforehand what the match would be, regardless of poll outcome, so they would have time to rehearse the spots and finish. :rolleyes:

Well, RAW matches usually don't have huge/great planned spots. Performers like Cena can almost make it up during the match.

I don't know who mentioned a story in this thread that he said that he generated a million a year. I was just posting that.

I have no idea if that polls are real or not; We have no real proof that they are already prescripted. I think most performers involve already plan a match for each.

The heel turn, hate or love Cena, will come. Not because I know just because everyone that has generated millions have at least had ONE heel turn in their late career: Hogan, Austin, Rock, etc.

The pre-WM Raw he missed was VKM keeping him off the air to sell the beatdown. Nothing more.

He will be there next week I guarantee it.

Oh, I thought it was because of a legit injury he truly suffered and he was healing to be 100% for WM.

He makes the company WAY more than that.

His salary is between $3-5 million a year plus his cut of endorsements and merchandise. So basically, he makes them at least a couple times that. Probably much more.

I thought the million he mentioned was just for WWE. To me it seemed low as well but then again I don't think people buy THAT much tshirts right?

Just wanted some of your thoughts. Thank you for sharing.

Well, RAW matches usually don't have huge/great planned spots. Performers like Cena can almost make it up during the match.

Not even remotely true.

I have no idea if that polls are real or not; We have no real proof that they are already prescripted.

They are fake.  Deal with it.

The heel turn, hate or love Cena, will come. Not because I know just because everyone that has generated millions have at least had ONE heel turn in their late career: Hogan, Austin, Rock, etc.

Cena's will not come for a LONG time.  He sellls massive merch to kids.  Kids will stop buying after a heel turn.

Have you seen Cena wrestle? He has like... 7 moves. If you don't plan spots ahead to build up some excitement, you're in for a long night of Five Knuckle Shuffles.

Reminds me of the Kayfabe Commentaries interview with Kevin Nash where he talks about how they did Fake Diesel and he lists all the moves that he had.

As for the heel turn... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Maybe if CM Punk decides to comeback, gets over as all hell and sells at least as much merch as Cena (not going to happen). Sure, kids. Your Make a Wish champion is now crushing fools left and right and destroying property. Heck, have him join the Shield or team up with Shockmaster. I'd wager that 80% of the roster combined doesn't sell 80% of the merch that Cena does.

Not even remotely true.

They are fake. Deal with it.

Cena's will not come for a LONG time. He sellls massive merch to kids. Kids will stop buying after a heel turn.

Didnt know you worked for WWE, sorry.

Sure, kids. Your Make a Wish champion is now crushing fools left and right and destroying property.

He's been doing that as a face for quite some time now. :P

When are they going to put Cena against Lesnar? Hahaha.

I'll guess either WrestleMania 31 or never. They probably just look at Extreme Rules 2012 and think it doesn't have to be done again...

Didnt know you worked for WWE, sorry.

Don't try to be clever.  Clearly I don't work for WWE.  I simply have a grasp on the real world and how a live TV-show is scripted.

• Like 1

I thought the million he mentioned was just for WWE. To me it seemed low as well but then again I don't think people buy THAT much tshirts right?

Just for WWE? Who else would he make money for? Martians?

In terms of T-Shirts - lets just play with numbers. WWE sells the shirts for $25. They cost roughly $5 to buy, print, and get to the arena. So thats a $20 profit. Take out the wrestler's cut (which is from 2.5 to 10% normally, a little higher for mega stars) and you have around $18. Call it $16 just because. WWE does 4-5 stops a week, 52 weeks a year - again, simplify it at 4x50 = 200 stops. That means, not factoring in WWE Shop or any other outlet, to make WWE a million dollars just on Cena t-shirts, they would have to sell ~300 of them at each event. Thats EXTREMELY low. Obviously you've never been to a live event, but the merch lines are always ridiculous to the point where I usually don't even bother since you can get the same stuff off the website. I would venture to guess that something like 20% (probably much higher) of the crowd buys some piece of merch at the event. And WWE doesn't do places where they wouldn't draw at least 6000 (usually more like 8000+). Thats 1200 merch items, per show. I'm not surprised you have no concept of this, though.

• Like 1