The Big Wrestling Thread!

Meh, she's fine. She's not anorexic or anything.

As far as her sexuality - plenty of girls kiss other girls. Its kind of a 'thing'. Been that way for years. Doesn't make her 'gay'. Bi, maybe, but not gay.

Not that it matters or anything - but I could swear back a few pages there was a discussion about how she's gay and only dates women? Either way, that's her choice :)

Damien already mentioned Tajiri, so I didn't mention him. Honestly, I forgot Mr. Fuji did a fair bit of wrestling, but he's mostly known for his managerial work, isn't he? Have to say I've never heard of Mr. Saito before, but Wikipedia's my friend there; 2-time WWF Tag Team Champion with Mr. Fuji. Haven't heard of Killer Khan before either. Sure, Ultimo Dragon had a decent couple of years in WCW, but I wasn't around for those and I mostly remember his unfortunately disastrous time with WWE. And I was going to mention Antonio Inoki, but I looked back at his history and he never really did anything in America; he held the WWF title for a week in Japan against Bob Backlund (although WWE would rather we didn't remember that), and that was essentially his only brush with America, besides his induction in the WWE Hall of Fame. Although if you expand outside of wrestling, there's also the MMA match he had with Muhammad Ali.

Inoki is a WWE Hall of Famer, I would say thats 'success'.

Not that it matters or anything - but I could swear back a few pages there was a discussion about how she's gay and only dates women? Either way, that's her choice :)

Someone did mention she was, I remember that post. But its not 'fact'  nor do I (personally) think its accurate.

Muta, Tajiri, Taka, Mr Fuji, Mr Saito, Killer Khan, Ultimo Dragon, Antonio Inoki

Damien already mentioned Tajiri, so I didn't mention him. Honestly, I forgot Mr. Fuji did a fair bit of wrestling, but he's mostly known for his managerial work, isn't he? Have to say I've never heard of Mr. Saito before, but Wikipedia's my friend there; 2-time WWF Tag Team Champion with Mr. Fuji. Haven't heard of Killer Khan before either. Sure, Ultimo Dragon had a decent couple of years in WCW, but I wasn't around for those and I mostly remember his unfortunately disastrous time with WWE. And I was going to mention Antonio Inoki, but I looked back at his history and he never really did anything in America; he held the WWF title for a week in Japan against Bob Backlund (although WWE would rather we didn't remember that), and that was essentially his only brush with America, besides his induction in the WWE Hall of Fame. Although if you expand outside of wrestling, there's also the MMA match he had with Muhammad Ali.

Shame on me, how could I forgot these athletes? Especially, Mr Fuji, a hall of famer and Ultimo Dragon who innovated a good portion of the high risk moves. They were a good part of the 90' wrestling landscape.

I need to go back to the wrestling library.

Shame on me, how could I forgot these athletes? Especially, Mr Fuji, a hall of famer and Ultimo Dragon who innovated a good portion of the high risk moves. They were a good part of the 90' wrestling landscape.

I need to go back to the wrestling library.

He's the reason its called an Asai moonsault.

Did the 'wrestlinglol.com guy' JUST get it?

Probably :rofl:

---

Source: Wrestling Observer newsletter

The full story of the Undertaker-Brock Lesnar match will probably come out publicly in a few weeks when the Shawn Michaels interview with Jim Ross airs on Podcast One. As noted before, Vince McMahon was the one that made the decision to have Taker lose the match and that was a decision that was made very late. The original plan was for Brock Lesnar to lose. Privately people are saying that it was the wrong decision because they believe that The Undertaker will be back next year and the streak was one of the big attractions at WrestleMania but they've killed that. Nobody is willing to say that publicly. Shawn Michaels might say that though since he's not one to worry about what people will say to him since he's bulletproof.

One thing to note, when Vince made the call to have Undertaker lose he did it because he did think it could be Taker's last match because of how bad his shoulder and hip injuries were.

Probably :rofl:

---

Source: Wrestling Observer newsletter

The full story of the Undertaker-Brock Lesnar match will probably come out publicly in a few weeks when the Shawn Michaels interview with Jim Ross airs on Podcast One. As noted before, Vince McMahon was the one that made the decision to have Taker lose the match and that was a decision that was made very late. The original plan was for Brock Lesnar to lose. Privately people are saying that it was the wrong decision because they believe that The Undertaker will be back next year and the streak was one of the big attractions at WrestleMania but they've killed that. Nobody is willing to say that publicly. Shawn Michaels might say that though since he's not one to worry about what people will say to him since he's bulletproof.

One thing to note, when Vince made the call to have Undertaker lose he did it because he did think it could be Taker's last match because of how bad his shoulder and hip injuries were.

maybe a dumb question, but why is he 'bulletproof'??? :/

WWE held a conference call for its first quarter financials this morning, and it was hosted by Michael Weitz, George Barrios and Vince McMahon. The following are some highlights from the call:

-Vince said that with Network subscriptions and PPV buys, WrestleMania 30 did over 1 million buys, and the launch of the Network has been well received by fans and industry experts.

-Vince said WWE will be announcing a new TV deal in several weeks, and the company is currently negotiating in India.

-Barrios said WWE maintains the belief that the Network will hit 1 million subscriptions by the end of the year, and 2 to 3 million as the Network grows.

-Barrios said Tough Enough will be coming to the Network, but he did not specify whether or not it will be new seasons of the show, or archives of past seasons.

-TV revenue was up thanks mostly to Total Divas. WWE Studios revenue was up mostly thanks to The Call. Scooby-Doo and Oculus are delivering strong performances that are in line with expectations.

-Live event revenue was up from the previous year's quarter due in part to a rise in ticket prices and new VIP packages.

-They expect a $7-$10 million loss for the second quarter of this year.