The Big Wrestling Thread!

ROH would be perfect

I'm going with ROH too, mostly because of the picture calimike included in his edited post. :P

BmdlyTBCQAAJ9_I.jpg:large

Yeah I just had a feeling they were affiliated like AAA is :p

Yeah, they are, just like Wrestle-1 is affiliated with TNA. Mock TNA all you want (no, seriously, go ahead; they deserve it after Sacrifice :P ), but at least they're providing some deserved international exposure to puroresu, especially with Seiya Sanada still the X Division Champion. Only other place you can see puroresu on American TV will be ROH in a few weeks time after the two PPVs they're doing with NJPW next month (ROH usually broadcasts their PPVs on their TV show spread out across two or three weeks with two or three matches on each episode); Global Wars on May 10th and War of the Worlds on May 17th.

Just looking through the cards now on ROH's site. Looks like Global Wars is gonna be a split show (like TNA and Wrestle-1's Outbreak event from March) with a couple of crossover matches in NJPW's half of the event...

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING**

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado

The Bullet Club (?The Phenomenal? AJ Styles & ?Machine Gun? Karl Anderson) vs IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada & Gedo
Takaaki Watanabe vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (IWGP Heavyweight Title Contender)

IWGP JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - 3-WAY TAG TEAM MATCH
Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs. Time Splitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley) vs. Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) ©
**On May 3rd in Fukuoka, Japan The Young Bucks will defend the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships against Forever Hooligans. The winners of that match will be defending their championships in this three way contest.

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY RING OF HONOR WRESTLING**

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Adam Cole defends against ?Mr Wrestling? Kevin Steen

ROH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - 4 CORNER SURVIVAL
Jay Lethal © w/ Truth Martini vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matt Taven vs. ?Last Real Man? Silas Young

Also Signed to Appear
Mark & Jay Briscoe
Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis
reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)
The Decade (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) w/ Tadarius Thomas
ACH
Cedric Alexander

War of the Worlds on the other hand has NJPW vs. ROH in every match booked so far, so no surprise that's the one that's sold out; being in the Hammerstein Ballroom helps too. :p

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Winner of Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen from GLOBAL WARS (ROH) vs. Jushin ?Thunder? Liger (NJPW)

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (ROH)
**On May 3rd in Fukuoka, Japan, Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against AJ Styles. The winner of that match will defend against Michael Elgin on May 17th

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP 
Champions: The Young Bucks (Bullet Club) vs. reDRagon (ROH)

IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (Bullet Club) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (ROH)

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini (ROH) vs. KUSHIDA (NJPW)

Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW) vs. Kevin Steen or Adam Cole (ROH)  

Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW) vs. Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis (ROH)

Also Signed to Appear
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles (ROH)
Gedo & Jado (NJPW)
The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (NJPW)
Takaaki Watanabe (NJPW)
The Decade (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) w/ Adam Page (ROH)
ACH (ROH)
Matt Taven (ROH)
Cedric Alexander (ROH)
Tommaso Ciampa (ROH)
Silas Young (ROH)
Caprice Coleman (ROH)

...and Russo's sending TNA back downhill again. Spoilers for the next few weeks below...

A lot of major news came out of tonight's TNA Impact Wrestling television taping event in Orlando, Florida including three returns for the company, the debut of several new characters, and more. 

Former Aces & Eights member Knux made his return to Impact for the first time since the faction split up. He has been repackaged with a "carny" gimmick, along with his girlfriend Rebel, a character called Crazy Steve, a large masked man and two guys on stilts. 

Kenny King and Bobby Lashley also made their returns, scheduled for the 5/15 edition of Impact Wrestling. Both guys joined MVP in attacking Eric Young in the main event segment of that show. The new advertised main event for TNA Slammiversary is Eric Young vs. MVP for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

A new character named Bram made his debut tonight, and he will be appearing for the first time on the 5/8 episode. Bram is former NXT developmental star Kenneth Cameron, who wrestled as a part of the original Ascension tag team prior to his release. 

And while many expected Kazarian to be on his way out of TNA, he actually attended the television taping, working two matches on both the 5/8 and 5/15 editions of Impact Wrestling. His contract is set to expire soon, but at this time we have no new information about the state of his deal with the company.

Jesus, someone needs to tell Russo that authority figures don't all need to be heels. MVP was killing it as a face! Doesn't make any sense especially as he's still technically feuding with Dixie Carter, so where does that leave her? No bloody way will the fans buy a face turn from her; she's Vickie Guerrero with a southern twang.

WWE have had a somewhat clean out today of talent that haven't been used in a while and as their fellow countryman would says, "I'm afraid I've got some Bad News"

English Talents, Oliver Grey and Danny Burch, have both been released. While Welsh talent Mason Ryan (Known more for Nexus Pt II) has also been given the boot.

Its also bad news for the Guerreros, as Shaul has been released also. Shaul was best known for being the daugther of Vickie and the Legendary Eddie Guerrero

KslmoTT.gif

Jeez you'd think the women would wear some sort of protection thingy down there....

Btw, I'm back. Was offline for 2+ weeks, not that anyone noticed :|

Pretty much caught up with wrestling at this point though. Gaming, not so much.

Pretty much caught up with wrestling at this point though. Gaming, not so much.

I gave up keeping up with gaming about two years ago when I became addicted to indie bundles. :P

I gave up keeping up with gaming about two years ago when I became addicted to indie bundles. :p

Well I missed PAX etc being offline. Watching panels and what not etc etc.