The Big Wrestling Thread!

With WWE signing Kenta and Devitt and openly talking about it, does this mean they plan on having them come up to the big show with their characters intact? As in not re-packaging them?

Here's hoping. It's not often they do that; off the top of my head from recent years, I can only think of CM Punk and Sheamus (OK, they dropped the "O'Shaunessy" part of his name, but the gimmick stayed the same). There's probably several more I can't think of.

MJ, I knew who he was lol I was joking on the announcement and red text color a bit :D

Though, I do enjoy watching videos of him so, there's that now!

MJ, I knew who he was lol I was joking on the announcement and red text color a bit :D

Though, I do enjoy watching videos of him so, there's that now!

See, sarcasm's a bit tricky to convey through text. :P And yeah, I've no idea why the text is red either; probably to grab our attention, which it certainly did.

...well, that was quick.

Spike TV?s sudden announcement that it will no longer broadcast Impact Wrestling seemed to spell doom for Total Non-Stop Action (TNA) Wrestling, but the promotion has reportedly inked a promising new TV deal with the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).

Starting in September, Impact Wrestling will be added to the Wednesday afternoon line-up on OWN, sandwiched between Divine Design and Life With LaToya. 

Although the predominantly female demographic of OWN is a stark change from Spike TV male-dominated viewership, TNA president Dixie Carter is reportedly confident that ?ratings can only go up.?

According to a contract leaked online, the deal with OWN will necessitate some changes to the format and presentation of Impact Wrestling, including:
  • The program will only be 30 minutes long, and will include at least one makeover per episode
  • Dr. Oz will do all drug testing for TNA, to ensure wrestlers are on a strict regimen of homeopathic remedies and The Dr. Oz Miracle Lemon Ginger Cleanse?
  • Ever episode will be broadcast from a gently lit studio, where members of a studio audience will cheer wildly in hopes that Oprah will give away free stuff
  • The TNA roster will be at least 80 percent female, and contain no fewer than three fabulous interior decorators
  • Absolutely no fighting will be allowed
According to a recent poll, the majority of wrestling fans surveyed said they plan to continue not watching Impact Wrestling.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/impact-wrestling-signed-oprah-winfrey-network/

• Like 2

See, sarcasm's a bit tricky to convey through text. :p And yeah, I've no idea why the text is red either; probably to grab our attention, which it certainly did.

Yeah and it worked :p that was the point of it haha

I like this version of him? much better then being part of 3mb? even thoug i liked 3mb :)

^^ He is plugging the VIP part of his site an awful lot now. I'm tempted to unfollow him too, but then again, I'm toying with that for all the wrestling Twitters I follow; thinking of separating them into a list so I don't fall behind on everything else and I can remain spoiler-free during Tuesday mornings like now (as well as Friday, and Monday whenever a PPV's on). Even The Independent's running RAW results now, so I caught a small shot from last night. :P