The Big Wrestling Thread!

Speculation that WWE could buy TNA's tape library if they fail to find another network for their programming is certainly high.

F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE would be looking at around $500 per hour of footage and with TNA having around 1,000 hours of footage for just Impact Wrestling that would amount to $500,000, money WWE doesn't have to spare at the moment with their on-going budget cuts.

TNA will reportedly find it a lot harder to find a network now they do not have Hulk Hogan on their roster, he had huge pulling power with the media.

Does WWE really have any need to buy their footage?  Is TNA footage a selling point for the WWE network?

I have never been a fan of TNA.  It may have had some great talent and the odd glimmer of greatness, but it's always felt like a poor-mans substitute.  However, going out of business will be bad for the industry.

Does WWE really have any need to buy their footage?  Is TNA footage a selling point for the WWE network?

I have never been a fan of TNA.  It may have had some great talent and the odd glimmer of greatness, but it's always felt like a poor-mans substitute.  However, going out of business will be bad for the industry.

If TNA go out of business I see WWE getting some of the talent with the rest going to Japan and ROH/Indies

• Like 1

I think it would be a bonus for when they do the documentary/superstar DVDs to have some TNA footage

• Like 1

Royal Ramblings: Meeting Batista, Guardian of the Galaxy

What did you think of the Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak being broken?

It sucked! Honestly, I thought it sucked. I haven't really talked much about it but I think it was a bad decision, a horrible decision. I don't have any say in the matter but to me, watching as a fan, it made me sick. Brock Lesnar beating him didn't seem to work and it really wasn't good that Brock left the day after. I just don't see how that made sense at all. I don't think anyone wanted to see the streak broken and it just didn't make sense to me.

Candice.gif

Bleeding girls will never work on TV. Also i don't understand why they push their bodies into such horrible treats; while chairs and garbage bins work because it's silly, nails and such can be incredible dangerous and provoke unnecessary damage.

Sports entertainment mogul Vince McMahon, after enjoying some adult beverages in his Connecticut mansion last night, impulsively decided to purchase Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling, ?just for kicks.?

McMahon carried out the entire transaction through PayPal, transferring an undisclosed sum of money (presumed to be at least $5,000) to Panda Energy International, the parent company of TNA.

The purchase included TNA?s old six-sided ring, which McMahon intends to convert into a backyard hot tub.

While he was still ?feeling spendy,? McMahon also bought the first four seasons of Breaking Bad on Blu-Ray and a new set of gaudy blazers before passing out on the couch.

McMahon says he does not intend to fire any TNA wrestlers yet, because ?they might come in handy at WrestleMania as The Undertaker?s druids.?

McMahon later insisted that he wasn?t drunk due to alcohol at the time of the purchase, but merely ?drunk with power, as usual.?

http://www.kayfabenews.com/mcmahon-buys-tna-on-a-drunken-whim/

Shame about RIcardo. Always thought he'd make an awesome in-ring performer for WWE if ever given the chance. And the crowds loved to get behind him. Not sure why WWE never went with that, but whatever.

As for Russo, after listening to him on the Wrestle Reaction show and a couple other interviews, I've come to respect him alot more personally, and as a wrestling guy. He knows his ######, that's for sure. And while he's obsessive about things (he has OCD) he is also a damn good booker imo. Some of the schtick he did write was bad, but that was when he didn't have someone checking him and countering him.

Hmmm, same thing could be said about Vince McMahon the past 10 years or so...interesting.

I'd really, really love to see Russo back in WWE again. If Bret Hart and Ultimate Warrior etc can all return, so can Russo. He'd be a great addition to creative, and he'd certainly bring a breath of fresh air in that small group. Then again, he'd probably just do a Money in the Bank Briefcase on a Pole match...or something.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The latest word on Sting and WWE is that they are hopeful to get a talent contract signed before SummerSlam. Sting is coming to Los Angeles for SummerSlam weekend but is not currently scheduled for the show itself.

Sting currently has deals with Mattel and 2K Sports but not a wrestling deal with WWE. Talk of Sting signing with WWE has become a running joke, among fans and wrestlers, because the two sides are basically in the same spot they were in when talks first started getting serious in January.

Sting has had talks with Vince McMahon before but never met him in person. Their first meeting will likely come during SummerSlam weekend.

26831424.png

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The latest word on Sting and WWE is that they are hopeful to get a talent contract signed before SummerSlam. Sting is coming to Los Angeles for SummerSlam weekend but is not currently scheduled for the show itself.

Sting currently has deals with Mattel and 2K Sports but not a wrestling deal with WWE. Talk of Sting signing with WWE has become a running joke, among fans and wrestlers, because the two sides are basically in the same spot they were in when talks first started getting serious in January.

Sting has had talks with Vince McMahon before but never met him in person. Their first meeting will likely come during SummerSlam weekend.

26831424.png

i think Sting has some contracts that he must honor thus preventing him from signing to WWE...

hope someone films Sting meeting Vince and showing him the bat and a poker face...with Vince crapping his pants on.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet