The Big Wrestling Thread!

29 minutes ago, LOC said:

They wouldn't do a HHH retiring with the belt story, that's to much even for them (maybe.....?!). Shane isn't going to win, and even if he does win, and HHH does win I doubt they would strip him of the belt. They would have to have a reason other than "I hate you, prick" lol Still, either of those options you came up with are still better than whatever dreck WWE will give us this weekend.

But didn't they say Monday on RAW that if Shane wins, HHH and Steph wouldn't need to be fired, they would just quit?  That could also be the way to free up the belt.

18 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

Yeah, I saw Meltzer say that. Assuming it's true, they really are just delusional. They were in Brooklyn, FFS! Brooklyn hosted an NXT TakeOver event last year that had one of the best matches of the year in Bayley vs. Sasha Banks (oh yeah, they were also chanting "We want Sasha!" throughout Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch on Raw last night); they have standards! What Meltzer also said was that they reckoned behind-the-scenes that all the booing Eva Marie got in NXT would stay in NXT...

o7XDuD8.gif

Even (The) Brian Kendrick can't work miracles.

My wife, who does not like wrestling, noticed that NOBODY liked Eva Marie during that part.  So, if someone that never watches wrestling, and doesn't like the product can see that, well...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jamwheat said:

My wife, who does not like wrestling, noticed that NOBODY liked Eva Marie during that part.  So, if someone that never watches wrestling, and doesn't like the product can see that, well...

15000 people booing can clue people in real quick. Except if you're Vince McMahon.

• Like 3

Say goodbye to WWE’s “Divas” division and the purple butterfly belt.

WWE finally caved and the decision has been made to rebrand Divas division as the Women’s division. The official announcement will be made on Monday’s WWE RAW from Dallas, the night after WrestleMania. The news was first reported by PWInsider and we’ve since verified it independently.

A new WWE Women’s Championship belt has already been commissioned. From what we’ve been told, the new Women’s Championship bares a strong similarity to the WWE World Heavyweight championship belt – but it’s mounted on a white leather strap and is smaller.

Charlotte will defend her Divas Championship against Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch this Sunday. We’ll find out on Sunday night which of the three competitors will have the honor of retiring the Divas Championship and ushering in the new era of Women’s wrestling in WWE.

http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-rebranding-the-divas-division-new-womens-championship-commissioned/

Halle-########-lujah!

If anyone fancies making a little game out of WrestleMania, someone on Reddit created a scorecard. There's plenty of extras to keep it interesting, like "How many moves does Eva Marie botch?", "Does Ryback injure Kalisto?", and "Will Francesca II survive [The New Day vs. The League of Nations]?"

There's an NXT TakeOver Dallas version, too.

Anaya, please don't post stuff from Divas photoshoots and the like; we got told by the mods last year to stop doing it (can't remember the reason why, but I think it was causing some systems to mark the site as NSFW and end up blocking it).

16 minutes ago, Anaya Shanaya said:

Why?

SFW images.

I already said why (as best as I could remember); we just got told by one of the global mods to please refrain from posting them (can't remember who now; it was a long time ago).

NXT's gonna be touring the UK again this year, starting out at the Download Festival (taking a page out of PROGRESS' book), then touring through Belfast, Dublin, Liverpool, Bournemouth, and Plymouth.

:| Seriously, NXT is coming down here; it isn't an April Fools joke (I first saw it on the local paper's site, so I double-checked it, and nope, it's not a joke).

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, BiGdUsTy said:

Lets see Wrestlemania 32 try to top that Takeover show tonight. If you didn't see it clear out 2 hours and go watch it. :woot:

I've got it ready and waiting; I'm just finishing off this week's ICW Friday Night Fight Club (which is still free at the moment, if anyone's interested; it'll probably go behind the subscription tonight).

Holy ######, Zayn vs. Nakamura... :omg: That was a 5* match through and through; almost certainly gonna be the match of the year.

^^^ I don't agree with that if they go with that (without spoiling who it is) for NXT. Main roster for sure. Samoa Joe should be main roster by now and in the world title picture for christ sake.

Also, I think I'm going to sub to the WWE network, because all this great NXT stuff I'm missing, plus WM is kinda tomorrow and even though it'll probably disappoint, it is worth subbing for the month just for that no? :)

• Like 1