Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

I wonder if this will this game will come to the PC or xbox 360.

If it sells well on the PS3, probably not.

The only way I can see this getting ported is if

a) It gets poor sales

b) Kojima's requirements of a DL BR disc (50GB) are somewhat flawed

Especially b, we'll have to wait and see if true.

As if it is true, it's unlikely to hit either 360 or the PC, based on the fact both use DVDs for games.

I really hope they won't port the game to PC, the last ports were technical disasters.

I bought MGS2 on the PC, and yes, it was awful.

Were you even able to get it started :laugh: My PC started to physically abuse me after i tried running it.

I gave up with it shortly afterwards and traded it in.

Thing was I had it for the PS2 anyway, but bought it fairly cheap for the PC, hoping for higher res graphics and maybe mods of some sort.

Still no news on a European LE?

Would be good to know as I am sure I will 100% be suckered in to buying the LE Version of this.

Still no news on a European LE?

Might get announced today seeing as SCEE are having PlayStation Day in London.

I expect to hear a DS3 release date announcement as well.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Limited edition in Europe?

According to several online sales sites, on June 12 will be available a limited edition of Metal Gear Solid 4 in Europe.

The sites are reporting that this edition will contain the original game, a Blu-ray with the making of, a CD with the OST of the game and a figurine of Snake. The price for this edition is close to 130?.

Source: http://n4g.com/ps3/News-142485.aspx

Ouch I was hoping 69.99!

I thought maybe shop-to would undercut RRP which they always do, but it says "Play exclusive":((

Unhappy about that as Play are notorious for NOT getting a game to you on the release day:// They use frickin 2nd class post quite often, where as shop-to are free next day delivery.

I do want though...

i didnt like the old mgs3 will mgs4 be a little easier as the control scheme for the old one was waayy to hard for me?

The old control system has been scrapped and an entirely new layout (aimed to Westernise the series) has been implemented.

According to previews, it is vastly improved.

Our local Gamestop has an offer posted on the website, trade in 2 x Playstation 3 games ( Got Motorstorm and Resistance with a big layer of dust on 'em ) and 2$, then you will get MGS4, a T-shirt and a 'special' Pre-order DVD.

Is this a decent trade-in you reckon ?

Our local Gamestop has an offer posted on the website, trade in 2 x Playstation 3 games ( Got Motorstorm and Resistance with a big layer of dust on 'em ) and 2$, then you will get MGS4, a T-shirt and a 'special' Pre-order DVD.

Is this a decent trade-in you reckon ?

With MS2 and RFOM2 coming out this year act on that deal fast!

I know this has been covered but I cant read through all 14 pages.... do you think it is necessary to have played the previous MGS games in order to enjoy/understand MGS4... as of last night I am now a ps3 owner(no games currently and do not think I will be buying anything until MGS4)