• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

F1 World Championship 2008 Thread

darren89    0
my state of mind:

epicmassafrustrationjg5.jpg

:laugh:

anyway i don't have any comments. :p

Damo R.    29,658

Congrats Hamilton!

Thats just won him BBC Sports Personality on the Year :laugh:

what    326
Best team won though, no?

Shame the best driver didn't.

Ferrari got the most points, they won. Hamilton got the most points, he won. It's all very well and good being the best driver in the universe but if you don't perform on the day, it's a pointless label. It's a simple and fair system and if you have any problems with it I'm sure the FIA will be more than happy to ignore any letters you send them.

Don Oz    0

After being screwed over by the stewards, Hamilton still came out on top. Excellent race!! Has there been any news on what happened to Timo?

Also love the gifs guys!

Mike    89
Best team won though, no?

Shame the best driver didn't.

if you want to have a go at hamilton for the canadian gp mess up, what about massa the year before? he didn't stop for the red light either. can also read the 3 dangerous things massa did this season, not to mention not being able to control his car at silverstone

Mosqutus    8

Good job Lewis

That was so bad! Can't believe people have made animations from it already lol! What a day!

that was a great moment...hahaha

FlibbyFlobby    0

Talk about a nail biting finish! I'm glad Hamilton won in the end though. It would have been a shame if Hamilton didn't win when you consider the several dodgy steward decisions that have gone for Massa and against Hamilton this season.

I don't think it made any difference about Glock being on the dry tires though. Presumably if he had pitted for intermediates instead he would have still been behind Hamilton in 6th on the final lap, so the outcome would have been the same anyway. Still, I've noticed people on other sites reading too much into it already.

Congrats to Lewis!

TheHMan    0

Still nobody says anything about the McLaren spy scandal :whistle:

FlibbyFlobby    0
Still nobody says anything about the McLaren spy scandal :whistle:

Because it has absolutely nothing to do with this season? McLaren were punished, end of.

macmax    14

It's pretty sad, but I guess you cant win without cheating. Cheaters FTW!!!!!

TheHMan    0
Because it has absolutely nothing to do with this season? McLaren were punished, end of.

Not as if they redesigned thier whole car, the technology is still there.

what    326

I think you're the only person in the entire world still going on about that. Just goes to show how much other people care about what happened more than 12 months ago.

FlibbyFlobby    0

Oh please, spare me. Last I checked McLaren have always been as competitive as Ferrari.

The best man won. Had Massa not been handed points by Raikkonen and the stewards (pit lane incident + Bourdais incident) Hamilton wouldn't have even needed to finish in the points to claim victory.

TheHMan    0
Oh please, spare me. Last I checked McLaren have always been as competitive as Ferrari.

The best man won. Had Massa not been handed points by Raikkonen and the stewards (pit lane incident + Bourdais incident) Hamilton wouldn't have even needed to finish in the points to claim victory.

Massa only gained one point from the Bourdais incident.

|Rapture|    18

Hilarious!

If I were Hamilton I'd walk away from F1 now and never come back. He's given his all to the sport for the last two years and all he's got in return is utter contempt.

Congrats Lewis, the sport really does not deserve you.

An F1 car design changes so much in a season a 2 year old design has no chance of being competative.

+Frank B.    7,149

People are still bickering about the McLaren spy affair from 2007? Good heavens. Lighten up.

Back on topic: Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton. He deserved the title, having all in all been the better driver throughout the year.

I'm a Ferraristo, but will admit that the team did a dreadful job on too many occasions. Just think of the many 'meh' races R?ikk?nen had in the second half of the season, or the comical scenes in the pits (Massa's pit stop at Singapore for instance).

Man of the race today: Sebastian Vettel. The guy must have a major testicular advantage. Hadn't it been for Timo Glock struggling during the last lap the English press would have lynched him right there.

Here's to a great 2009 season.

FlibbyFlobby    0
Massa only gained one point from the Bourdais incident.

He was also handed 2 points by Raikkonen and possibly 1 or 2 from not serving a drive through penalty after almost causing a pit lane crash.

LewisBraid    0

Can't believe people are talking about the "spy" incident still... talk about clutching on straws, just to slate a team that did well this season and helped to produce a world class driver!

TheHMan    0
He was also handed 2 points by Raikkonen and possibly 1 or 2 from not serving a drive through penalty after almost causing a pit lane crash.

Want Massa's fault in the pits, it was the Stupid light system, I must say a bad move by Ferrari. ANd Any team mate would let the other one through in that kind of situation.

SomaliMafia    0
1386821hamilton-f1.gif

+Frank B.    7,149
<nonsensical graphic snipped>

Trolling much?

Neil    3
Want Massa's fault in the pits, it was the Stupid light system, I must say a bad move by Ferrari. ANd Any team mate would let the other one through in that kind of situation.

Don't forget Spa where he was handed First Place!

plan-9    0
1386821hamilton-f1.gif

Pretty much sums it up.

Sad to see it end that way. Massa deserved the championship. Still cracked me up seeing the ferrari team being told they didnt win. Not a huge fan of the team, just like their drivers.

Anyways, sad to see the season end. Was a really good season. Will be interesting to see how Alonso starts off next year. He's been doing great things at the end.

Antaris    83

Alonso was impressing me over the last few races. Not his biggest fan, but he can't half drive!

I was actually on the edge of my seat for the last 5 laps. Vettel was pushing Hamilton so hard.

LewisBraid    0
Alonso was impressing me over the last few races. Not his biggest fan, but he can't half drive!

Have to agree with you there! I'm really not his biggest fan at all but his driving has been rather seemless of late. Next season will be interesting, but then its all down to renaults car next season, can they provide?

Watching the days highlights now :D