Will The World End On December 21st, 2012?

What do you think will happen on December 21st, 2012?  

350 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen on December 21st, 2012?

• Battle of Armageddon (Return of Jesus Christ)
    • Magnetic / Polar Shift
    • Asteriod / Near Earth Object Collision
    • Super Volcanic Eruption / Earthquake
    • Black Hole / Other Space Disaster
    • Planet X (See below for details)
    • Solar Sunspot / Solar Flare Disaster
    • Absolutely Nothing

There is lot of talk lately about December 21st, 2012. A lot of people believe that the world will end on this day (based on information that this day marks the end of the Mayan Calender). There will be a lot of special events that happen in outer space leading up to December 21st, 2012 which includes the Sun entering the Milky Way, the transit of Venus, multiple lunar eclipses where the moon turns blood red, and the passing of 433 Eros (a near Earth asteriod 13 km x 13 km x 33 km in size that will pass the Earth 16.6 million miles away).

Now as for the world ending, some people believe the following theories (please note that I did not make these theories up, these all come from different websites):

Battle of Armageddon (The Return of Jesus Christ) - The final world battle will occur and Jesus will return to Earth to save humanity and reign for 1000 years.

Magnetic / Polar Shift - The Earth's axis of rotation will shift causing severe changes in climate (ice age, floods) and may cause a massive EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse).

Asteriod / Near Earth Object Collision - A massive asteriod or object from outer space will hit the Earth causing the destruction of all life on the planet (this is the worse case scenario).

Black Hole / Other Space Disaster - A black hole or other major space event will form changing Earth's orbit or altering the solar system.

Planet X (the unknown 10th planet)- A large planet will pass by Earth so close that it will cause a major disruption in the Earth's axis, to the point the Earth my flip upside down or change orbit.

Solar Sunspot / Solar Flares - A solar flare occurs when magnetic energy that has built up in the solar atmosphere is suddenly released. Radiation is emitted across virtually the entire electromagnetic spectrum, from radio waves at the long wavelength end, through optical emission to x-rays and gamma rays at the short wavelength end. The amount of energy released is the equivalent of millions of 100-megaton hydrogen bombs exploding at the same time!

Do you believe something will happen on December 21st, 2012? I will post some more details in this thread once I receive them.

There is lot of talk lately about December 21st, 2012. A lot of people believe that the world will end on this day (based on information that this day marks the end of the Mayan Calender). There will be a lot of special events that happen in outer space leading up to December 21st, 2012 which includes the Sun entering the Milky Way, the transit of Venus, multiple lunar eclipses where the moon turns blood red, and the passing of 433 Eros (a near Earth asteriod 13 km x 13 km x 33 km in size that will pass the Earth 16.6 million miles away).

Now as for the world ending, some people believe the following theories (please note that I did not make these theories up, these all come from different websites):

Battle of Armageddon (The Return of Jesus Christ) - The final world battle will occur and Jesus will return to Earth to save humanity and reign for 1000 years.

Magnetic / Polar Shift - The Earth's axis of rotation will shift causing severe changes in climate (ice age, floods) and may cause a massive EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse).

Asteriod / Near Earth Object Collision - A massive asteriod or object from outer space will hit the Earth causing the destruction of all life on the planet (this is the worse case scenario).

Black Hole / Other Space Disaster - A black hole or other major space event will form changing Earth's orbit or altering the solar system.

Planet X (the unknown 10th planet)- A large planet will pass by Earth so close that it will cause a major disruption in the Earth's axis, to the point the Earth my flip upside down or change orbit.

Solar Sunspot / Solar Flares - A solar flare occurs when magnetic energy that has built up in the solar atmosphere is suddenly released. Radiation is emitted across virtually the entire electromagnetic spectrum, from radio waves at the long wavelength end, through optical emission to x-rays and gamma rays at the short wavelength end. The amount of energy released is the equivalent of millions of 100-megaton hydrogen bombs exploding at the same time!

Do you believe something will happen on December 21st, 2012? I will post some more details in this thread once I receive them.

I believe I'll crack open a beer on that day.

LMAO :rofl:

If something did occur, who cares? One way or another we'll all be dead in an instant.

This kind of nonsense keeps reoccurring every couple of years, last time in 2000.

I'm more concerned about the doomsday asteroid Apophis, coming dangerously close to earth in 2029 and possibly changing trajectory due to gravitational forces and worst case scenario collide with us 2036..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

I don't know a lot about the talk that's going around about this date mainly because I'm not really interested in it but I think whatever it is it's a big load of bull.

maybe this is the maya version of the y2k bug?

voted for armageddon by the way, cuz im not christian, and since when was there a connection between jesus and the mayans?

I think if the Mayans really wanted to give us a scare, they would have staved off Spanish invaders and told us ourselves.

P.S. I know there are actual Mayans (technically Mexicans now) but I think everybody gets my point. :p