Will The World End On December 21st, 2012?

What do you think will happen on December 21st, 2012?  

350 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen on December 21st, 2012?

• Battle of Armageddon (Return of Jesus Christ)
    • Magnetic / Polar Shift
    • Asteriod / Near Earth Object Collision
    • Super Volcanic Eruption / Earthquake
    • Black Hole / Other Space Disaster
    • Planet X (See below for details)
    • Solar Sunspot / Solar Flare Disaster
    • Absolutely Nothing

In the past couple of years I've actually sparked an interest in this subject. With that said, the Mayans were incredibly close in predicting a bunch of historical events (I can't recall any off the top of my head but I've read them), and if I remember correctly they even predicted their own demise.

I don't think it will be an asteroid, as Apophis is much further down the road and we're already tracking it, so if it were to be an asteroid I would think we'd have knowledge of one by now.

With all of that said, I voted for 'Absolutely Nothing'.

The Mayan Calendar. It just ends on that date. It doesn't mean it'll be the end of the world. Most people who study the whole thing now believe it means a start of a new age where we evolve into a higher conscious. There's some people who believe aliens will reveal themselves on that day and help us evolve into that higher conscious. Other theories include an alien attack and a staged alien attack by the US government as a means to create a one world government. There's another theory that involves a staged attack by the US government, but it doesn't include making people think aliens are involved. All kinds of theories connected to that date.

Global warming. Many scientists are starting to believe that this happens every few thousand years and is a completely normal thing. The book/movie "The Day After Tomorrow" is based on this theory. There's actually an island somewhere that was once tropical and turned into an Antarctica type island within a week with no explanation as to how or why. It was talked about on a show that aired on either The Discovery Channel or The History Channel. Can't remember the name of it. It was a few years ago.

Asteroids destroying the Earth. We know about a couple that could pass very close to us if they follow the path they're on right now and possibly even hit us. But we know about them early enough and have enough time to develop anything that could change its course or completely destroy it. It's the ones that scientists don't know about that worry them. One could come out of nowhere right now and destroy Earth or damage it pretty badly. It would be moving so fast we'd never see it coming. That's the one to really worry about. people think it we be like in the movies where everyone looks up and sees it slowly coming towards us. No...we wouldn't have enough time to move.

Nuclear War. With the way things are going on right now and with the people who are currently in power (Little GW and Chubby Cheney) I wouldn't be surprised if a nuke is used somewhere sometime soon. I wouldn't agree with it at all, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Battle of Armageddon (Return of Jesus Christ). I'm a religious person, but not as much as I used to be. I'm not a big believer in the Bible. In all honesty my belief in it tends to go back and forth and I don't really have any opinion on this right now. I believe in a God, I just don't believe the Bible contains a lot of truth.

Planet X. There's all kinds of theories on this one. I'm not even going to get into them on here because there's too much to talk about. If you're interested just Google it. Google "Nibiru" also because it's connected to many of the Planet X theories. Some Italian scientists believed they found it back in 2003 I believe, but the pictures they showed didn't really show much at all. Some people believe it's a planet on a huge orbit. That it only comes around every once in a while and they believe it may be what causes the Earth to fall into small ice ages every few thousand years because it gets so close.

I don't know much about the other stuff mentioned.

I go back and forth on what could happen on 12-21-2012. Just another day where nothing special happens or the elitists of the world (NWO, Illuminati...whatever you want to call them) will stage a huge event worldwide that changes the lives of everyone.

Someone mentioned above about the re-election of Little GW not being on the list. I'm one of the people who believe he'll stage a terrorist attack on the US to keep himself in power long after 2008. Think about the people running right now. Barack Obama (African American) and Hilary Clinton (a woman). If either is elected there's going to be people who will want to kill them simply because one is a black guy and there's still mass idiots who hate people because of skin color and the other is a woman and there's still mass morons who believe a woman can't do what a man usually does. Now think about how Bush has been acting. Has he been acting like he's in a hurry to leave office anytime soon? I honestly believe something will happen to keep Bush in power so he can enact martial law in the US and he's been dying to attack Iran. All my opinion of course and could be complete BS.

Also, the Mayans aren't the only people to have mentioned that date. There's actually a lot of ancient civilizations that mentioned that date in their writings. Most of them were also very advanced for their time.

Sorry for ranting on and on :laugh:

Edited by NightmarE D

You forgot to add "Re-Election of George W. Bush" to the poll....

:p

OMFG! :blink: That would definitely be a world class disaster.

I found something concise about 2012 with analogies of Pizza and pictures (Because I need those to understand sometimes)

By Dan Eden

Prior to December 2012 we have been drifting on the top of the pizza, never really able to see the bottom. The plate and pizza are not parallel. They are moving at different angles. We've been drifting down, down, down... and on December 21st, 2012, we will be exactly level with the crust -- forming an "x" at the Galactic Equator where galactic gravity is the strongest. After 2012, if we are still here, we will be passing through the bottom zone, viewing the Milky Way pizza from the South.

endtimedemool7.jpg

By some amazing coincidence, not only will we be intersecting with the Galactic Equator, but we will be doing this precisely aligned with the center of the Galaxy where there is maximum mass! More mass means more gravity. More gravity means more influence from those barycenters in our Sun. That means exponential increases in solar disruptions -- all coinciding on the same day! Whew!

Isn't Mayan ingenuity something, or was it all dictated to them as they say by Quetzalcoatl or Thoth.

thothgr7.gif

...Other possibilities on December 21, 2012:

In the first quarter of 2001, the Sun switched magnetic poles. This occurs every eleven years. Prior to this the Sun's north magnetic pole was at the north rotational pole. Now the Sun's north magnetic pole is at its south pole. Since opposite poles attract, the magnetic poles of the Earth and Sun are now at their most stable.

Just about the time of 2012 Winter Solstice, the Sun's poles will switch back. During this switch there will be a tendency for the Sun's magnetic field to pull the Earth's field with it.

If the Earth's magnetic poles switch, this would put stress on the planet aggravating earthquakes and volcanos, not to mention destruction of the electrical power distribution grid.

Isn't the power of Google something?

----------------

Now playing: Pulsedriver - Galaxy

via FoxyTunes

Edited by merlinhoot

There's another theory that involves a staged attack by the US government, but it doesn't include making people think aliens are involved.

But that already happened on September 11th, 2001. ;)

They also said the world would end in 1998. They said it would end in the year 2000 (The misnamed Millennium bug). Did it? No, obviously.

The Vogons will blow us up to make way for a Hyperspace bypass...

now don't go crying, the plans have been on public display in the planning office of Alpha Centauri for over 50 of your Earth years.

I think christ will be born again

because the devil was suppost to have a child that would be born on 6/6/6

so there should be another child of christ in 12/12/12

and that will be when the devils child will show himself and start this battle of Armageddon

Edited by Richardarkless

Isn't the power of Google something?

Yes, you can find incorrect things faster than ever.

post-17647-1210179319.png

That isn't our orbit.

Edit: The Year 12 was almost 2,000 years ago, year 6 was 2,002 years ago.

and that will be when the devils child will show himself and start this battle of Armageddon

:blink:

Polar bears and penguins are united on the same continent, a fierce battle that ravages the planet ensues and what's left of humanity is forced to flee to the stars.

<unsure> are you serious? ::looks around:: is he serious? </unsure>

Apparently, somehow in "all your research" you missed the fact that the o-zone blocks UV radiation. Earth's magnetic field protects us from the majority of the sun's EM radiation.

So according to you and "your research", the apocalypse comes in the form of very bad sunburns.

apparently, somehow, in all your not reading, you failed to find the fact that our ozone is getting weaker, and by 2012, is predicted to be about 30% of what it is today, if we continue at this rate... so please, if your going to reply to something, read the thing your replyign too, because i did mention the fact about a weakend ozone.

sunspot_wm_cte.jpg

steve%20lee%20sun.jpg

Sun spots appear on the sun plenty, but there are certain ones that are signs of the flip. In many articles about the most recent spot relating to the flip, they talk about how unusual this spot is. If i wasnt at work and blocked from many of those sites, id post the articles.

And like i said before, its not a end to life, but more of a rebirth as seen by many. Its not to say people will or wont die, but its supposed to change everything. The fact that many cultures, spread across many oceans, some even on their own island with no other contact, gave basically the same date and year for almost the same type of prediction. If that doesnt make you wonder just a little, then reading any more on this would be pointless for you. For cultures to be able to map out our galaxy almost perfectly, predict movements of plants,stars, and other heavenly bodies, all without the use of a telescope or the real knowledge of how or what these things were, its just an amazing feat of its own, and gives enough to look into these cultures further, and see just what were they all getting at. They apparently had some sort of spiritual or otherwordly knowledge, to be able to understand something like that, soooooooo long ago.

That is just a play on how we abbreviate our dates. Not everyone has a calender the same as ours. And just because we can abbreviate June, 6th, 2006 to 6/6/6 doesn't mean that is the date the Satin's was born. If I remember right, on that date I was...doing everything I would have been doing on any other day.

And will we have two Christmas's after 12/12/12? Oh jee I hope so!

I dont think anything going to happen because the real time for the second coming would be I belive is 2039 because the famous guy that begins with a N said he could see all the way till 2039.Also the future is not set in stone only the guy upstairs knows when it is time for him to come.Also I think if somethings happens it be having something to do with global warming like a polar shift or etc the world wont end on 2012 or 2039 or etc its just something big will happen and make a huge change for the earth.Theree isa asteriod on the path to hit us close in 2012 or etc but then it goes away and then comes back later in the 2020s or 2030s also there rumors that aliens will come and claim they made us and etc which isnt true because they are the bad ones pretending they are etc etc.We see but for now got 3-4 years before 2012 and also one last thing I heard the weather on earth be going through major changes like getting hurricanes that are cat 6 and 7 and 8 and etc for 4 years then the weather goes back to normal after a 4 year period.

I hate to drop some common sense on you, but as an atheist, I would argue that absolutely nothing will happen. Why? Because we are worried about a date that happens to occur on some calendar that WE INVENTED.

That's like me making up a calendar and then going around telling everyone that on Muguwali 75th, the world will come to an end. Obviously, the Mayans weren't too bright or insightful, otherwise they would still be around....

<sits back and watches as the religious zealots and bible thumpers coordinate their canned responses of how I should take Jesus Christ as my lord and savior>

I would prefer you go with Islam instead. That way, you could wear a bomb and blow yourself up in an empty room :rolleyes:

Edited by VRam

So we will see a 6yr old and a newborn having an all out battle? Hrm..... this i want to see!

that wrong he show himself when he in the government when chaoes is out of control and he be the person people look to for hope but when 7 years are up he truely show us who he is because the first 4 years he cant show us nay of his powers because he not allow to.

hmm. apparently GW announced the RFID's on 6/6/06 but I think he said it months before that.

Honestly, I don't think the antichrist is going to be born literally, but something might have happened that allowed the plan to move to the next step or something. I dunno just speculating.

Another theory I've read of is the Pope being the anti-Christ? could be a long shot but who knows truly.

Edited by YBG

I predict I'll be on vacation on that day.

ps. could all the global warming signs/symptoms be leading up to something around then ?