Will The World End On December 21st, 2012?

What do you think will happen on December 21st, 2012?  

350 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen on December 21st, 2012?

• Battle of Armageddon (Return of Jesus Christ)
    • Magnetic / Polar Shift
    • Asteriod / Near Earth Object Collision
    • Super Volcanic Eruption / Earthquake
    • Black Hole / Other Space Disaster
    • Planet X (See below for details)
    • Solar Sunspot / Solar Flare Disaster
    • Absolutely Nothing

I watched a documentary from the History Channel on this today. It IS scary... when I hear the old myths and mayan calendars and whatnot, I could care less, but when you look into it.. it is a bit strange. It's not just the mayan calendar's - it's many different ancient cultures that specified this date to be the end. Now here's why it's scary:

• These same cultures also predicted other downfalls that line up exactly with events such as WWI, WWII, and the tsunami that devastated Africa
  • One of the cultures specify that on December 21, 2012, a black hole will line up exactly with the sun and the earth, causing the magnetic poles to switch (and thus a disaster earth quake where everything will be killed). Back then, they had no way of seeing a black hole - they predicted this. Just in the past few years, scientists discovered a black hole that is near the position, and moving the same direction, as the one described.
  • They also note that in the final years of earth, the water level will rise (icecaps are melting now), climate will get hotter (global warming), and natural disasters will occur (hurricanes, tsunamis).

I'm not religious, and I usually think these kinds of things are bs... but honestly, this is scary. Things are lining up too perfectly...

p.s. - another culture specified that before the ultimate end of the world (dec. 21), chaos will happen including a war like never fought before originating in the middle east. o_O

Even if the entire world does end there's really nothing to be scared about. We'll just all be dead.

1. Battle of Armageddon (Return of Jesus Christ)

It said so in the Bible that no one knows when Jesus will returns (unless you're God himself).

2. Magnetic / Polar Shift

The last time this happen was many thousands of years ago. It does go in cycle so it's completely predictable. I don't think the predict date is the date you mention.

These events are completely predictable. There would be sufficient warning.

4. Super Volcanic Eruption / Earthquake

The damage could be drastic but none will be big enough to wipe out the entire world.

7. Solar Sunspot / Solar Flare Disaster

These happens all the time and we're still here.

We will be the most likely be responsible for our demise with global warming or (nuclear) weapon of mass destruction/chemical warfare.

Even if the entire world does end there's really nothing to be scared about. We'll just all be dead.

+1

No use living our lives differently. Hell, you could die tomorrow, but you don't really know for sure.

-Spenser

Will The World End On December 21st, 2012?

Sorry I'm busy, how about the 22nd?

• One of the cultures specify that on December 21, 2012, a black hole will line up exactly with the sun and the earth, causing the magnetic poles to switch (and thus a disaster earth quake where everything will be killed). Back then, they had no way of seeing a black hole - they predicted this. Just in the past few years, scientists discovered a black hole that is near the position, and moving the same direction, as the one described.

Odds are we're in a line between a black hole and the sun (space is huge*, and in 3 dimensions, you can't limit yourself to 2 dimensions when drawing lines) And even then, what's wrong with the magnetic poles on earth reversing? It doesn't happen overnight (it takes ages), and the magnetic poles on the sun flip every 11 years or so.

* Look up the "Hubble Ultra Depth Field", Makes a great wallpaper.

December 21, 2012 is going to be a normal day like every other. The sun will rise, the birds will sing and humans will keep on destroying and polluting the planet. It will be business as usual.

LMAO :rofl:

If something did occur, who cares? One way or another we'll all be dead in an instant.

The dinosaurs didn't even die in an instance, some actually survived and if something does happen some humans will also. Still funny none the less.

Nothing will happen in 2012, but in 2013 aliens are coming to earth to kill us all.

Well speculated Its supposed to happen around the 21 - 25, in a couple of more days it will be 2013 and I heard a funny one about reptilians taking over.

there have been many civilizations that predict the world will end somewhere in between 2010-2012 and i find it fascinating that they are all predicted within 2 years of each other

with the way the world is going right now, yea i wouldn't be surprised if something happened in the next 5 years that starts the "end of the world as we know it". i don't mean the world blowing up, more along the lines of something HUGE politically will happen and quality of life will plummet all over the world

Well... many things have been predicted before that and nothing happened.

If anything world war 3 begins, maybe that'll be the disaster of who wins the 2012 US election.. at this rate who knows!

YES! Repent for the end is near!!!!

PLZ don't go to church so much anymore. Damn Chrstians just can't wait for our world to end. kthxbye

Huh, nobody takes that for serious, and the Mayans were serious beasts in that time... they predicted the end of their own existence, and according to some theories, they could make bows throw faster than our guns (meaning that they were better with dynamics/physics)

It's funny that I see this thread here, because I thought about that date recently and wondered. I'm not religous or superstitious at all, but for this particular date... mayans have proven themselves right on a couple of things.

Well... many things have been predicted before that and nothing happened.

If anything world war 3 begins, maybe that'll be the disaster of who wins the 2012 US election.. at this rate who knows!

Hillary will be re-elected as President and will continue to tortue the American people for more years to come.

You guys should read up on Numerology.... No one can predict the unpredictable.

who says it's unpredictable?

and all you have to do is eliminate the predictable outcomes and viola, you've predicted the only time when the unpredictable can happen

Huh, nobody takes that for serious, and the Mayans were serious beasts in that time... they predicted the end of their own existence, and according to some theories, they could make bows throw faster than our guns (meaning that they were better with dynamics/physics)

It's funny that I see this thread here, because I thought about that date recently and wondered. I'm not religous or superstitious at all, but for this particular date... mayans have proven themselves right on a couple of things.

The Mayans have dates (and events) up into the 4,000 years (using our calendars)

I wouldn't trust them with predictions.