Hopefully buying a 1988 Supra today.

Well over this weekend, I had the upper radiator hose burst on me. I also have had a problem when downshifting or letting off the accelorator and I let out a nice blue cloud of burning oil. Since the motor has been rebuilt but the turbo hasn't, I'm hoping it's a turbo seal and not a piston ring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice. I'm still watching this thread. I know they haven't been a lot of posts, but keep the updates coming.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sounds interesting...I'm not really a car person but I know people that love to rebuilt old rather than just buy new... just hope there are no major issues with the engine... good luck

In what year do you think you'll be able to drive the car? Or are you just rebuilding this car for fun/pleasure and have something else to drive?

I actually got it in last night, but now the starter is junk, I just picked up a remanufactured one. Going to try to get it in tonight so I can possibly drive it.

One of my dreams have always been to take a junk (or close) car and make it a beauty.

Unfortunately, a car is not a computer and I barely know how to change the oil myself. :(

But I bope your project is coming along great man, good luck.

I got the starter installed today and drove around. I still need to rewire the knock sensors.

p7151888oi7.th.jpg

p7151889tk1.th.jpg

Edited by biohazard

I almost want to sell this car now. I'm at the point where I need a garage to do things and the 1 or 2 hours I can work on the car after work isn't cutting it.