Hopefully buying a 1988 Supra today.

I had a friend sell an 88' Supra, and he to this day wished he had kept it. Their good cars. What it comes down to is whats going to make you happier at the end of the day, I bet you it would the supra, and not the crown vic. Honestly the taurus, if you buy the hot one, is also good, and the crown vic... isn't. it makes you feel like your drowning in wall paper paste(I know, that's not my joke).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: Noone came through with the money and this afternoon i removed the rear end and drive shaft. I'm going to remove the transmission sometime within the next week. Im going to figure out what's wrong with the transmission and replace all the seals in the rear end.

Hang in there Bio -

I have attempted to do something like this in the past and only ended up removing a few bolts and ran scared. I have a rudimentary mechanic ability and can replace a lot of things, but not a fun thing for me.

Reading each post one by one, and each pic that I have seen was fun. It is almost as if you are fighting a battle and winning against all the nay sayers and so forth. Also, it is a testament to your "drive" to get this vehicle running and working.

Update: Might be picking up a completely working transmission this weekend. I'm thinking about rebuilding/fixing the one that is in mine and either keeping it or selling it.

After working on a lot of Honda Pilots, I've started to like the wheels that are on them, and so using my mad MS Paint skills:

suprawithhondawheel1rv3.th.jpg

suprawithhondawheel2pu0.th.jpg

Which do you guys like best?

Which do you guys like best?

Whichever are lighter! Repeat after me. Weight = bad. Unsprung weight = really bad.

Barring that I like the looks of the second better, but not by a lot. If you already own the first set; the additional money layout for the other set would be pretty far down on my list. If they are equal weight and you can straight trade your wheels then go for it.

One of the guys at work has 2 of the first one and I think I can talk him down to 150 for the pair. Both wheels are aluminum and are lighter than what I have now. I plan to buy new tires too when I decide on the wheels, looking at getting Kumho ASX's. It's cheaper for me to buy through the dealership than Tirerack.

One of the guys at work has 2 of the first one and I think I can talk him down to 150 for the pair. Both wheels are aluminum and are lighter than what I have now. I plan to buy new tires too when I decide on the wheels, looking at getting Kumho ASX's. It's cheaper for me to buy through the dealership than Tirerack.

How much are the remaining 2 going to cost you? I'm not a big fan of mismatched wheels it looks half finished. Any chance of selling your current wheels?

Doubt I could sell the current wheels. Those go for about $100 each on ebay.

Well if you want my opinion. 150 for his 2 and 200 for the other 2 on ebay is 350 that could go into other more important things would be my first thought. Only you know your budget for this car and how important wheels are to you personally though.

• 2 weeks later...
Update: Got the transmission completely together.

I used the old transmission case as a stand if you can't tell.

Ha, I love it transmission stand indeed. Nice work.