How big is your windows folder?

Mine with Windows XP + SP1, all the programs I want and need installed is only 678 MB :p

Here is a Screenshot if you dont belive it :p

Edit: I posted the wrong screenshot :o, fixed now

post-7-1044224056.gif

Here's mine!

Mine almost 3x bigger :( How did you do that?

I deleted the dllcache folder, the help folder, the 20mb of modem drivers, Internet Explorer, and a bunch of other folders that I didnt think were needed :p

I was planing on formating after I did all that, but everthing still works great, and windows runs faster, so I am going to make an img of this install, and keep it untill SP2 betas start comming out :p

Windows XP SP1

windows.jpg

It's not the smallest directory, but then again, I've got over 400GB of hard drive space, I won't be running low anytime soon. :)

Edit: I just noticed I've got the second smallest so far, and I've only deleted the dllcache. What're you guys doing to get 2gig+ Windows folders?

lol, look at the date when it was created

and what all did you delete NeoMayhem?

First I deleted the dllcache folder (if you have SP1 not slipstreamed, delete the servicepackfiles folder also), then I deleted all the $NT8738uninstall$ folders, they are backups of files that windows update replaced :p

Then I got board, and was about to format my computer, but I wanted to have some fun first, and tried deleting things that I didnt want there :p

I deleted the folowing things, my system still works great, and is faster then ever :p

The help folder (this is all 50mbs of the windows help files, I didnt need them).

Then the PCHealth folder, this is the Help Center app, and system restore that I didnt want.

Then in the system32 folder, I deleted all the folders at the top that were only numbers (I dont know why there are there, most of them are empty, and everything works great without them)

Next I ran IERadicator to uninstall internet explorer, it says that is doesnt work on XP, but if you have SFP disabled (or removed the dllcache), it works great :p

That is all I have done so for, I am still looking for more things that I dont need, my goal is to get the windows folder less then 500mb :p

]

First I deleted the dllcache folder (if you have SP1 not slipstreamed, delete the servicepackfiles folder also), then I deleted all the $NT8738uninstall$ folders, they are backups of files that windows update replaced :p

Then I got board, and was about to format my computer, but I wanted to have some fun first, and tried deleting things that I didnt want there :p

I deleted the folowing things, my system still works great, and is faster then ever :p

The help folder (this is all 50mbs of the windows help files, I didnt need them).

Then the PCHealth folder, this is the Help Center app, and system restore that I didnt want.

Then in the system32 folder, I deleted all the folders at the top that were only numbers (I dont know why there are there, most of them are empty, and everything works great without them)

Next I ran IERadicator to uninstall internet explorer, it says that is doesnt work on XP, but if you have SFP disabled (or removed the dllcache), it works great :p

That is all I have done so for, I am still looking for more things that I dont need, my goal is to get the windows folder less then 500mb :p

nice :yes: mi going to have to try that

]

nice :yes: mi going to have to try that

Sounds good :p

Not only is my desktop minimlistic, but all of my folders are to :p

I also got rid of all those pointless folders of programs that I dont have like OE, IE, MSN Gaming Zone, xerox, and those things, and set the NTFS persmissions so that the system cant recreate them :p