How big is your windows folder?

<SARCASTIC> After hearing how big all of your Window's folders are, I have to wonder what I'm doing wrong?! </SARCASTIC>

:: grins evilly ::

Hi people

Does anyone know if its safe to delete c:\windows\servicepackfiles and the files and folders under it? I've renamed the c:\windows\drivercache and will delete it after a while if my machine is still running fine.

I too, cant find any dllcache folder. Space on my old hard drives are at a premium so I'm alwasy looking at ways to save some.

There are also a pile of empty folders in c:\windows. Are these safe to remove or are they needed?

Thanks all

Noddy

Windows Xp SP1

How do you guys get that 'Advanced' option??

To get the advanced option you need to have a NTFS formated drive.

Thanks everyone

Finally found the dllcache folder...doh..but I cant rename it?

Ive tried removing the read only attribute but it just doesnt seem to stick?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Noddy :blush:

this is a very exciting and informative thread.  :blink:

my windows folder is 2.21GB in size.

You don't find that knowing other people's Windows folder size is exciting? :huh:

Did you know that Windows folder size directly relates to penis size. The bigger your folder... :D

Edited by RaGe-

Hmm, I highly doubt your windows folder is that big, considering some hard drives arent even that big.....like a 60Gig is only like 55gig, so unless u have a huge a$$ hard drive it aint gonna fit. Secondly, your PC would run so slow if u had 63Gig tied up in your windows folder........so nice try to try and show off, but its not possible.....

woot..---> :woot: