How big is your windows folder?

over 1.6 before reading this thread, not about 859... and its running a whole lot faster, thanks for starting this thread. any tips on how to shrink it more?

Looks good, if you have a lot of programs installed, then the system32 folder gets bigger, but you should be able to get rid a a few more things :p

I am looking through all the files and deleting what I dont think is needed, if I find a large group of files or folders you can remove, I will post it here :p

636MB ah the joys of win2k :)

I could get 2k down to 300mb, but it doesnt work on my computer :(

I dont know WTF is up with that, because my computer came with 2k :(

But, I am hoping to get XP as small and fast as possable :p

:blink: how do i delete the help folder. whenever i try and delete it, it says it is in use. do i do it in safe mode? also where are the $NT8738uninstall$ and dllcache folders?

:blink: how do i delete the help folder. whenever i try and delete it, it says it is in use. do i do it in safe mode? also where are the $NT8738uninstall$ and dllcache folders?

To see the other folders, show all files/folders, and OS Protected files, then they will show up :p

For the help folder, I denied access to it for the system (NTFS Options) then rebooted, and you can delete it :p

I don't know how to post an image w/o having space somewhere...

When you are posting, under Attach Files... Select the file you want attached, and neowin will host it on there server for you :p

:x damn, still can't remove that help folder. is it cuz i'm using fat32? :p and still can't find the dllcache. sorry, i'm a bit retarded tonight :laugh: