GTAIV - PS3 vs 360

Take a look at Uncharted, a perfect example of detailed plants etc.

That isn't valid. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Grand Theft Auto IV are two different games.

Anyway, I'm leaning toward buying a 40GB PS3 + GTA IV when it comes out. It'll serve as a nice little console and blu ray movie player. My Xbox 360 is currently broken and I don't want to spend $110 to fix it.

That isn't valid. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Grand Theft Auto IV are two different games.

Anyway, I'm leaning toward buying a 40GB PS3 + GTA IV when it comes out. It'll serve as a nice little console and blu ray movie player. My Xbox 360 is currently broken and I don't want to spend $110 to fix it.

PS3 + GTAIV is being released to Canada?

If I remember correctly, GTA4 was developed with the 360 as its base platform (don't quote me!) so, if so, it should, theoretically, look better on the 360. But, really, the differences will be pretty negligible, I'm sure.

PS3 + GTAIV is being released to Canada?

Yeah man. Check out Futureshop's page on it here.

Yeah man. Check out Futureshop's page on it here.

I see that GTAIV is up for preorder but where is the bundle? They are currently selling the PS3 40GB with GT5

I see that GTAIV is up for preorder but where is the bundle? They are currently selling the PS3 40GB with GT5

Silly me, I misread your post. I thought you meant "GTA IV for the PS3". Just keep up with the Futureshop fliers. I know they'll make a PS3 + GTA IV bundle within a week of the game's debut.

I doubt it will be much different than current games for both systems. The PS3 versions tend to have better smoothing and further draw distance and in almost all experiences better looking plant life. But I really doubt any 360 owners are going to be complaining about the graphics. This game is gunna rock our socks off, for either console. Why can't it be next week already lol

Evidence, please, not personal opinion.

Take a look at Uncharted, a perfect example of detailed plants etc.

You can't compare that game since it's ONLY been released on the PS3. Compare games that are on BOTH platforms.

Personally I'll be getting it on my 360 as I don't have a PS3 and don't want one, mainly due to the fact that blue-ray I couldn't care less about and I've not seen any PS3 games I want yet that aren't already on 360 or PC.

Given the choice, I'd buy it on PC over all other platforms as the modding scene is vastly better on PC :yes:

I wonder how many Xbox 360 consoles go back to Microsoft after people playing GTAIV on end will burn out their precious GPU's and suffer the RRoD.

The Cell chip is much better at handling things like physics, audio & video streaming etc, which is great for complex games like GTAIV. I also reckon the graphics will look better on the PS3 in comparison to the Xbox 360.

Some how I get the feeling Rockstar improved the PS3 visuals because Microsoft got the DLC.

Rockstar and Sony still have a very strong relationship.

Edited by simmorya

I wonder how many Xbox 360 consoles go back to Microsoft after people playing GTAIV on end will burn out their precious GPU's and suffer the RRoD.

The Cell chip is much better at handling things like physics, audio & video streaming etc, which is great for complex games like GTAIV. The graphics in the game also look cleaner, sharper and more vibrant on the PS3 version in comparison to the Xbox 360 using the same HDTV via HDMI.

Yes the PS3 version will be better. Mark my words. You will see soon.

:rolleyes:

Yeah i bet you did, like the thread you created a while back, which was all fake yet you were 100% sure it was real.

You are about as trustworthy as a piece of wet timber. Let's wait 'till some professional people compare the games, or even better, let's just play the game for the console we purchased it for and enjoy it.

Actaully dude that was a real review. It was just early code not the final product.

I said that in my post so get your facts right.

No, it wasn't - Get YOUR facts straight, you didn't even bother reading any of my links.

The guy was playing people for a FOOL, ( People like you ) he even said so himself.

So welcome aboard the failboat (Y)

The Cell chip is much better at handling things like physics, audio & video streaming etc, which is great for complex games like GTAIV. I also reckon the graphics will look better on the PS3 in comparison to the Xbox 360.

Some how I get the feeling Rockstar improved the PS3 visuals because Microsoft got the DLC.

Let me guess... You have a PS3?? :rolleyes:

Why are people so indecisive about the game between the 2 consoles. HERE, let me put it clearly for you all:

If you have both a PS3 and a 360 then buy the damn 360 version because you will be getting episodic content and other downloadable content that PS3 probably won't get! If you don't much care for that (....weirdo) then buy the version for the console on which you have the most online friends! If you want downloadable content but your friends mostly have PS3s then either get them to buy a 360 or make new friends on 360. Simple as that! Now stop sitting by the clock and counting the 4 days 9 hours 45 minutes and 20 seconds that are left until GTA IV is released!

Holy Crap! :rolleyes:

Everything you just said (your opinion, not fact) would only come from a PS3 fan.