GTAIV - PS3 vs 360

You know I don't care about the PS3 version looking a little bit "Warmer" or "Smoother" the 360 is getting some content the the PS3 will never have so :p

You know I don't care about the PS3 version looking a little bit "Warmer" or "Smoother" the 360 is getting some content the the PS3 will never have so :p

most 360's won't last long enough to play that content!

Typical Fa ... oh wait, can't use that word here.

lol true

In reality dlc means nothing till it shows, they say august but knowing R* it'll get delayed. and dlc for ps3 has not been ruled out. How important is a few extra missions in such a massive game?

PS3 looking warmer? 360 having dlc??

nitpicking really

That's certainly your opinion.

I know a lot of people who'd chose the 360 version over the Playstation version just because of DLC.

At some point i will have completed the game, more than once. I will have played Multiplayer till' exhaustion and then i want some new contents.

Come August, I'll be ecstatic when I'm able to download the DLC - A few more hours gameplay to extend the life of the game.

But comparing a 'warmer' look on the PS3 to the DLC of the 360 is a joke, to be honest, not comparable in any way.

I'll bet you, TV's today have so many settings you can make the game look warm, cold, bland, green or blurry - No matter which version you got.

DLC nitpicking? Not really

I'm also getting the PS3 version, because I don't have a 360. But hell, if DLC becomes available for the 360 and not the PS3, how the hell can the PS3 version be better, graphics aside?

Edit : Indeed, I tried to look as hard as possible, and definately nobody has a 460. :p

Edited by PsykX

I know a lot of people who'd chose the 360 version over the Playstation version just because of DLC.

At some point i will have completed the game, more than once. I will have played Multiplayer till' exhaustion and then i want some new contents.

Come August, I'll be ecstatic when I'm able to download the DLC - A few more hours gameplay to extend the life of the game.

But comparing a 'warmer' look on the PS3 to the DLC of the 360 is a joke, to be honest, not comparable in any way.

I'll bet you, TV's today have so many settings you can make the game look warm, cold, bland, green or blurry - No matter which version you got.

I wonder how many people will actually pay to get the DLC come 3rd/4th quarter?

It's not going to be free, and a lot of folk just either forget, or refuse to hand over money.

With the amount of missions in GTA4 you've got a long way to go anyway!

Of course it does depend on the quality of the DLC as well...

I'm also getting the PS3 version, because I don't have a 460. But hell, if DLC becomes available for the 360 and not the PS3, how the hell can the PS3 version be better, graphics aside?

I don't think anyone has a 460 :p

I wasn't comparing dlc and graphics, they were an example of the minor nitpicking by each side. Most of my friends have a ps3 and are getting it for ps3, if I thought it were worthwhile I'd buy a 360 and gta4 for the extra stuff, but when ur friends aren't on the same network whats the point. PSN being free and of course live subs and dlc costing PS3 will be the cheaper option.

You know, i think we'll see quite a few paying for it.

Call of Duty 4 variety pack is a decent example, is the game popular and do people want more? They'll gladly pay for it!

No matter how many missions they crammed in the game, you will complete the game at some point and you will definite want more.

You know, i think we'll see quite a few paying for it.

Call of Duty 4 variety pack is a decent example, is the game popular and do people want more? They'll gladly pay for it!

No matter how many missions they crammed in the game, you will complete the game at some point and you will definite want more.

COD4 is online DLC... You don't buy it, then you have to sit out some of the games you're mates might be playing.

We're talking SP DLC as far as I'm aware.

The online side of GTA4 will be far more popular than the SP come the end of the year.

As far as im aware, GTA4 does have ending(s), so for DLC, you'll branching out and above the game's original ending.

Therefore as I said above, it really will depend on the quality of the DLC.

How popular has the ME SP DLC been? I never bought it and don't feel left out... I completed ME and was happy with the ending. Now I just want ME 2 :p

I'm sorry, now you are just speculating. No real details about the DLC has been revealed.

These 'missions' as mentioned, they could be Multiplayer missions. They even said the gamemode "Hangmans NOOSE" i believe it was called, was lacking variety so adding new scenarios here would be an obvious choice. We could see new multiplayer packs in either of the DLC packs, perhaps they each focus on SP and MP.

Let's wait with the extreme speculating until we know more and for now, pick the version for the console of choice.

I'm sorry, now you are just speculating. No real details about the DLC has been revealed.

These 'missions' as mentioned, they could be Multiplayer missions. They even said the gamemode "Hangmans NOOSE" i believe it was called, was lacking variety so adding new scenarios here would be an obvious choice. We could see new multiplayer packs in either of the DLC packs, perhaps they each focus on SP and MP.

Let's wait with the extreme speculating until we know more and for now, pick the version for the console of choice.

Lazlow hinted at the content being missions.

I highly doubt there will be any EXCLUSIVE multiplayer DLC splitting either of the platforms.

SP exclusive content, that's a given.

But yeah, let's just wait and see. It was pretty silly not to confirm what exactly the exclusive DLC is before purchase as it's a bit of a gamble.

People with the choice of either 360 or PS3, might play it down as they don't really know anything about it - I did, and I bought the PS3 version. Although I had a few reasons.

But if the DLC had been announced, and it was something "mind blowing" my choice would have been harder.

So I have no idea why the content hasn't been announced prior to release - Unless it's either

a) Not finished

or

b) Not as mind blowing as we think it might be

So we've just had MS run about going "WE PAID 50 MILL FOR EXCLUSIVE DLC!!! GET 360 GTA4", and for release, we are all sitting here speculating what the DLC will be :/

It shouldn't disappoint as such, it's R*, but it might not be worth going bananas over and throwing your cash about - That's just my view anyway, but I have quite a low-view on paying for DLC as most of you might know anyway :p

As mentioned, there will be two packs - So anything can happen.

The Rockstar North team has been working on this for 3,5 years straight, 12-14 hours a day, even weekends to make the release.

So i really doubt they would have time to even properly sketch out any DLC at this point, anything beside an extremely rough template.

I'm almost sure they just settled on 'missions' for now, just to have a goal. But when the team returns from their one month holiday next month, the DLC

work will start - Knowing Rockstar North, this could go in all directions, even above and beyond their 'template' with Microsoft.

And again, pure speculation whether or not it could Multiplayer content. Splitting consoles are not a problem since Microsoft paid 50 Million, Sony did not.

The consoles are not cross-platform so they are already 'split'.

But we can argue this forever until we see some proper information, so let's wait a month perhaps two where I'm sure all DLC details will be set in stone, then we can have nice discussion :laugh:

So let's sit back, wait for Tuesday to arrive and enjoy the game for now and see what the future brings :)

Stop posting BS crap. Comparing each console without any real knowledge. Reading articles on Wikipedia doesn't make us expert on the subject matter. There is something for everybody in both the Xbox360 and the PS3.

Please stop the fanboy comparsion non-sense.

Guys, if you can't discuss it without resorting to flaming one of the consoles, then please don't discuss it at all.

If this thread carries on the way it is it'll be closed.

lol true

In reality dlc means nothing till it shows, they say august but knowing R* it'll get delayed. and dlc for ps3 has not been ruled out. How important is a few extra missions in such a massive game?

PS3 looking warmer? 360 having dlc??

nitpicking really

Actually, I think a R* rep said no DLC ever for PS3.

Howevah, you know for a fact the 360 DLC won't be free anyway. So it's more of a toss-up there, too.

While we're at it.. ;)

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p5.html

If you're wondering which version to buy, the best suggestion is to consider what your friends will purchase. That's because online multiplayer has made its way into GTA IV and it is awesome. And, like all great things, it's best played when drunk and with as many friends as possible.

Also from same IGN review.

whenever I read about how the 360 has the better gpu, I think "So What" Please, don't even mention it. Get a life.

It's insignificantly better. No one will ever take advantage of what it can do on paper. Same for both. I've gone through tons of video cards, and if you compare same generation competing cards, in the end, they perform about the same. Especially with how sloppily coding can get. The real difference is when you compare something that's a generation ahead.

Thing is the 360 and PS3 GPUs aren't in the same generation. RSX is a generation older. That makes for a significant difference.

Edit: Reading the reviews looks like the Burnout Paradise comparison, with PS3 having less of a pop-in issue. I have to think that's due to more extensive use of the hard drive in the PS3 versions (since unlike 360 every PS3 has a hard drive so it makes sense to use it as much as possible). I still can't believe Microsoft went and did the Core. It and $100 wireless are the worst two things about the system, well RROD is also terrible :p

Edited by Danrarbc