Florida Revival

Until it makes the news and is claimed that there is no scientific reason, but is 100% real for this to happen, i will ALWAYS be sceptical about these types of things.

A lot of time its either being acted out, or people feel better because they really believe and then go away and start to feel ill again as they calm down. Its called, heat of the moment.

Exactly! I appreciate your enthusiasm, JasonC, but even the most sincere person can be dead wrong. I would need to be there, and have multiple documented cases occur (i.e. doctors' signatures stating that the problem actually went away) for me to accept any notion of healing going on. Either that, or have the stories be broadcasted on CNN, ABC, AP, Reuters and other major media sources, because, if anything, they'll be biased against this.

JasonC, are you a masochist? Why do you start things *knowing* full well that no one will take you seriously and you will get flamed to death.

Dead people do NOT come back to life. They CAN not. 30 minutes without oxygen will leave the brain cells dead and starting to decompose; there is no way they can become alive and useful again. If they aren't showing you this live then why don't you question the evidence? Your god gave you a brain that is capable of more than being a gullible sheep but you insult him by refusing to use it.

Do you live exclusively on crack and alcohol, or what the hell is wrong with you?

He mixes in some opium occasionally.

I know how some of you will feel because of the state of this world... and the false preachers that come and ask for money. For that person, its an easy money grabbing activity for them. Tbh, you personally ignore them, if that person is in the wrong and is robbing God, He will recieve his punishment in the last days.

I know how hard it is to trust people these days, not just Preachers, alot of people in general, because of the lack of honesy ect, you take God out, bad things quickly start to fill that gap.

Im careful about who I listen to / watch, for most Christians, you will be able to sence weather the preacher / evangelist is real or not. I was watching a repeat of wednesdays broadcast at Church last night and listening to the testimonies of peoples healing, really does make the spirit flow. Unless your a Christian, you most probably won't know what the Holy Spirit feels like. Just watch it tonight if you have some time for 10 minutes or whatever, I can say that I really do believe that this is true and God is working in them meetings, brokens bones dont just heal, people who have had injuries for 30+ years dont just heal themselves, scars and burns dont just magically disapear instantly, people don't just get up and walk when they are bedridden, even after 10+ years in bed, so so so so many miracles are being performed at this meeting its unbelievable.

I know that its hard to believe that God heals people, it doesnt seem logical to us, but nothing is impossible for God. Before I became a Christian, If someone told me things thats going on in these meetings, I would also not believe it and be thinking thats impossible. Whats impossible for man is possible for God.

Also People Do come back to life.

Tbh, I don't think we will ever see something like this on the news... think about this for a minute, 99% of news stories are bad things, the only time anything good is on the news is when they have nothing to tell so they put up a story that an old ladies cat has been rescued from a tree. Im being serious with this, The news only promotes bad things...tells you about all the bad stuff going on in the world...never anything good. And I have never seen anything on the news about Christianity, miraculous healings ect. If you don't believe me, watch the news tonight.

If you need healing in your body, watch that meeting tonight, give it a go.

On the scientific reason on healings.... there is no scientific reasons is there....a bone cannot instantly get healed, water on the brain cannot instantly get healed, people with breathing aparatus cannot just get healed, bomb blasted ears cannot just get healed even after 30 years of suffering, all these were done by God, science and man cannot explain it.

Anyway, make your own mind up, watch it on TV or wait until God pours out His glory over England.

I hope people take note of prophecies / words of faith I have said, cos when they happen... ;)

JasonC, are you a masochist? Why do you start things *knowing* full well that no one will take you seriously and you will get flamed to death.

Dead people do NOT come back to life. They CAN not. 30 minutes without oxygen will leave the brain cells dead and starting to decompose; there is no way they can become alive and useful again. If they aren't showing you this live then why don't you question the evidence? Your god gave you a brain that is capable of more than being a gullible sheep but you insult him by refusing to use it.

He mixes in some opium occasionally.

Lol, its because I can put up with your petty insults.

I don't care that I will get flamed.

Just because I'm a Christian, how does that make me different?

Dead people DO come back to life, also read the news section on here....you will find a few.

I insult God by not using my brain ? Thats rich coming from you!

You don't even believe in God, so what are you basing your claims on ?

Your the one rejecting Christ, and the Bible says that if you are not Born again, in simple terms you are going to hell.

Disclaimer: I (personally) did not say you are going to hell. Just so you don't hold it again me saying I did. I said what it says from the Bible.

Exactly! I appreciate your enthusiasm, JasonC, but even the most sincere person can be dead wrong. I would need to be there, and have multiple documented cases occur (i.e. doctors' signatures stating that the problem actually went away) for me to accept any notion of healing going on. Either that, or have the stories be broadcasted on CNN, ABC, AP, Reuters and other major media sources, because, if anything, they'll be biased against this.

A women broke her wrist in the morning and got an exray from the hospital, she was instantly healed at the meeting, all the pain gone also and she was told to go and get another x-ray.

The faith of one guy was unbelievable, He left hospital just before he was about to have an operation and went to the meeting to get some healing power.

I am sure that they will be writing up the proven miracles of people who went to hospital or have been ill for may years.

Take alook at this clip on Youtube. Make your own mind up.

Clip 2

Unfortuanetly, I don't have the facilities to record / edit the healings that have been going on.

Its the usual crap to be honest mate. Nothing new and nothing inexplicable.

One thing that I have never seen in these things is a healing of a visually obvious affliction. It is usually a growth, or cancer, or internal problems. When I see them heal a gaping wound or make a pox disappear or a bulgin bone in a broken wrist, then I'll believe it.

Btw, this was filmed by someone with a handheld camera, not the TV crew.

One thing that I have never seen in these things is a healing of a visually obvious affliction. It is usually a growth, or cancer, or internal problems. When I see them heal a gaping wound or make a pox disappear or a bulgin bone in a broken wrist, then I'll believe it.

Lets be honest mate, Its easy to say things like that, BUT do YOU try and find out miracles that have involved said illness / disease ect ?

I know he definitely is looking over FL. my homeboy passing drug tests and smokes weed everyday lol

JasonC let me answer that question. No they do not. Just like our belief in God is too strong..their disbelief is just as strong. They want "obvious" evidence..but don't realize they already have it lol all they have to do is take a look around.

Do a quick search for "Todd Bentley" on Google. It's scary. Below is a quote from a Christian blog I found in my search:

Many of you will have already heard about the ?Healing Revival?that has purportedly broken out in Lakeland, Florida. Today Charisma Magazine put out a piece on it entitled ?A Holy Ghost Outbreak in Florida? - ??Charismatics are flocking to the sleepy town of Lakeland, Fla. to attend evangelist Todd Bentley?s unconventional revival services.? Is Charisma preparing to hype this one to the skies like they did with Toronto and Rodney Howard-Browne? It seems perhaps they are.

But why am I opposed to this ?Healing Revival? so soon after it hasbeen announced? -It is because I already know Todd Bentley?sministry all too well, and this whole thing centers around him.

Todd Bentley actually has deep roots in the Prophetic movement, and he is one of the very few ministers that I have ever felt I had to publicly warn people about by name. -His ministry is that bad. False ?angel? encounters of the weirdest kind, gold dust, guidedvisualizations of the ?Third Heaven? that are straight out of theNew Age, etc. And yet there is a ?power? with it that makes it all the more dangerous.

Here is how Charisma describes his Florida meetings- ?His methods are far from polished. When he prayed for people in Lakeland, he usually began by laying his hand on their heads and then yelling, ?Bam!?Often the people fell backward to the floor. After one elderly woman fell, Bentley told the audience: ?She doesn?t know why she fell down.? The woman then laughed and said to him in the microphone: ?Because you pushed me!? He prayed for her three more times that night, and she said she could hear better?During the past three weeks people have testified of being healed from heart conditions, skin rashes and back problems, and many said scars disappeared?Many charismatics are wondering if the protracted meetings will become a phenomenon similar to what happened in Rodney Howard-Browne?s meetings in Lakeland in 1993, at the Toronto Airport Vineyard Church in Canada in 1994 and at Brownsville Assembly of God in Pensacola in 1995?? [END QUOTE]

Sadly, the Charismatic movement is in such a sick state today that it would not surprise me at all if this happens. (-I say this as a strong Spirit-filled, tongues-speaking believer myself. I am by no means opposed to genuine miracles). Have we completely forgotten the warnings of ?Lying signs and wonders? in the Last Days?

Below is a testimony by Lynn Clark who is a Moderator at ourwebsite ?RevivalSchool.com?. This is what she wrote about herinvolvement with Todd Bentley?s ministry:

?I decided to check out Patricia King and Todd Bentley and, ignorant of their ?third heaven? guided visualizations, attended a five day conference of Patricia King and then two of Todd Bentley?s conferences and began to imagine third heaven visitations - guided visualization - still not realizing that these are actually spirits of darkness - the New Age calls them spirit guides - demons is what they are. And so I bought Todd Bentley?s teaching on third heaven visitations and brought it home to listen to. ?I was in my living room laying on the floor listening to the teaching on how to visualize the third heaven and what to say and was getting caught up into his teaching and all of a sudden I began to shake uncontrollably and jerk and groan, and no sooner had this taken place I became frozen stiff - I could not move any part of my body and I knew this was a demon trying to take hold of me, and so with all the effort I could muster I cried out, ?God save me - Jesus help me? - and as soon as I cried out to the Lord my body went limp. God spared me that night and I will be forever grateful. ?I spent much of the night in tears asking God to forgive me - and renouncing all the hands layed on me and all the awful deception I had opened myself up to?? [END QUOTE]

ANDREW AGAIN: I myself have heard the tapes of Todd Bentley?s?Third Heaven Visualization? teachings, and I want to tell you - theyare straight out of the New Age handbook. -Terrible stuff. And yetso widely accepted by thousands of Christians today.

Do these kinds of practices (above) produce a genuine ?Healing Revival?? -These are the kinds of questions that we need to beasking Charisma Magazine. I leave it for you to decide.

By Andrew Strom, Revival School

source

Unfortunately, there wasn't a whole lot I could dig up on him in a couple minutes, but what I could find isn't good. However he's "healing" people, it certainly isn't of God, that's for sure. Whether it is an elaborate deception or something else, I would stay far, far, away from him.

Whats the usual crap ? That I dont have the recording / editing facilities ?

or her healing was proved with x-ray results ?

I was reffering to the material. Its the usual stuff with no actual proof that anything has been healed. No written confirmation. If it had worked, it would be all over the news and make worldwide publicity.

Precisly.

Btw, this was filmed by someone with a handheld camera, not the TV crew.

Lets be honest mate, Its easy to say things like that, BUT do YOU try and find out miracles that have involved said illness / disease ect ?

Nope... they dont exist.

Jason if your so sure why try to get healed yourself?! Why not burn yourself or brake your leg and see if you get healed?

Come on, it's obvious that this all isn't real.

Your the one rejecting Christ, and the Bible says that if you are not Born again, in simple terms you are going to hell.

If someone doesn't believe in Heaven and Hell, you telling them there going to hell is no different from telling them there going to Middle Earth.

I wonder if any of you have even tried to believe.

Because believe it or not I used to be agnostic.

BTW, I am a Christian. I'm a Christian who uses logic and reason to defend my beliefs. From my research, this guy is deceiving people. I never accept anything based on how it "feels" or my emotions toward/against something/someone. Todd relies heavily on kooky New Age philosophies that are not in the Bible, even to the point of "visualizing" the "third heaven" and other such nonsense. I mean, come on. What's next? Someone harmonizing the FSM with Jesus and doing a few "healings" to make his point "valid"? :|

God gave us brains for a reason. Let's use them. ;)

I don't know what Todd's beliefs are or whatever. I'm just asking people if they considered believing.

You are right (imo), it's not about emotions. It's about your thoughts.

You cannot pass judgement on anyone until you have seen for yourself.

Its like someone posting a comment about Rich somewhere saying he has 6 eyes, 3 arms, a small weener lol...ect, until I see Rich personally, I wouldn't believe anything.

From that quote, about when they said the women said she was pushed over... If you watch the broadcast tonight, you would know that he doesnt even have to touch some people for them to go down.

I would like to point out then when a person falls to the floor, its not demonic, its not because they have been touched by a guy praying for them, its because that is how people react to the holy spirit.

Watch him and judge for yourself instead of hiding.

Also, btw, the "third heaven" is Biblical.

You cannot pass judgement on anyone until you have seen for yourself.

Its like someone posting a comment about Rich somewhere saying he has 6 eyes, 3 arms, a small weener lol...ect, until I see Rich personally, I wouldn't believe anything.

I can, however, research and determine what other people are saying about him. If people on both sides are highly skeptical, there is good reason to doubt his message - especially if he is teaching extra-biblical doctrine - at that point, I view that person as a fraud.

From that quote, about when they said the women said she was pushed over... If you watch the broadcast tonight, you would know that he doesnt even have to touch some people for them to go down.

I would like to point out then when a person falls to the floor, its not demonic, its not because they have been touched by a guy praying for them, its because that is how people react to the holy spirit.

And I would like to point out that falling down can be a number of things, including peer pressure. The human mind is capable of subconsciously pulling stunts like this.

Also, btw, the "third heaven" is Biblical.

"Visualizing" and "visiting" it certainly isn't. If you disagree, please post verses in context.

2 Corinthians 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago---whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows---such a man was caught up to the third heaven.

Also remember in Genesis 1.1, in the Beginning, GOD created the HEAVENS and the earth.

"Paul is writing this verse about himself, and that he is referring to his own visionary experience on the road to Damascus some years earlier (Acts 9:1-9, 22:6-11). It was this experience that caused Paul to claim in another letter that he had seen the risen Christ (1 Cor 15:1-10, cf. Gal 1:12). His half-hearted attempt at modesty in addressing the Corinthians led him to claim rather weakly that he knew a man who had this experience. Well, that man was Paul. He was not trying to be deceitful or evasive, but used this method of writing as a means of getting his point across in the letter."

What's wrong with visualizing??

Because the brain could simply be playing tricks - there is no verifiable way to prove that the visions were real. He could be making it up and no one would ever know. There is never a command or invitation in the Bible for Christians to try to do these kinds of things.

2 Corinthians 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago---whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows---such a man was caught up to the third heaven.

Also remember in Genesis 1.1, in the Beginning, GOD created the HEAVENS and the earth.

"Paul is writing this verse about himself, and that he is referring to his own visionary experience on the road to Damascus some years earlier (Acts 9:1-9, 22:6-11). It was this experience that caused Paul to claim in another letter that he had seen the risen Christ (1 Cor 15:1-10, cf. Gal 1:12). His half-hearted attempt at modesty in addressing the Corinthians led him to claim rather weakly that he knew a man who had this experience. Well, that man was Paul. He was not trying to be deceitful or evasive, but used this method of writing as a means of getting his point across in the letter."

*sigh* If you're going to quote the article, you should have continued:

Understanding this takes nothing away from Paul?s own testimony of an encounter with God. It simply acknowledges that Paul was a child of his day, that he lived in a pre-scientific world that had its own views of expressing and depicting the makeup of the physical world. So Paul described his experiences in the only way that he had at handHis point was not to tell us how many levels of heaven there might really be.b> His point was to tell us that he had powerfully encountered the presence of God, in fact that he had physically seen the risen Christ. That fact is not directly related to the manner in which Paul tells us about that experience; the point is that it happened and it made a pivotal difference in Paul?s life.

If you watch the live Broadcast tonight, Todd calls out the problem a certain person has, but he can "see" what the problem is and calls it out and see's if anyone responds, thats called a word of knowledge.

If you watch the Broadcase, you would know exactly what I'm talking about and then you can make your own mind up.

If you watch the live Broadcast tonight, Todd calls out the problem a certain person has, but he can "see" what the problem is and calls it out and see's if anyone responds, thats called a word of knowledge.

If you watch the Broadcase, you would know exactly what I'm talking about and then you can make your own mind up.

You know, there was another "faith healer" that had a microphone in his ear, and his wife took the little prayer cards everyone filled out, and read them off to her husband who was on the platform. The husband then could "miraculously" pick out someone who had a particular illness.

Well, you know, last night while watching, I had a thought that maybe he has an Ear-piece, so I looked a few times on the close ups and I couldn't see anything.

As I said, watch it tonight on sky. God TV channel 761 (i think) at 8.30PM it starts... and let me know what you think. This isnt some tele-evangelist either.

I wonder if any of you have even tried to believe.

Because believe it or not I used to be agnostic.

Why do you assume that to not believe in these "healers" means a person has no faith in God?