official GRID PC specs

i prefer the Touring Cars and Track events myself i love watching the replays of my Touring Car, esp when i get given the Virgin Mobile design

just spent the evening playing the demo with all assists off and you really need traction control for the US cars, 1st gear is a knightmare without it

I will never be able to look past the horrifying handling, but the graphics are astounding.

Running at 1920x1200 - Everything maxed out, even AA ( 16XQCSAA ) - Only getting around 40 FPS :(

Edited by MichaelBL

I didn't find the handling all that bad..

Runs ultra settings on my 9600GT at 1440x900, 4x aa, vsync pretty damn good looking game.

Edited by ViperAFK

OH MY GOD! i thought colin mcrae dirt was good, but this game is pure gold!

turn all of the assists off and you have full control of the car :D it's fricking awesome!

i honestly can't wait to get the full version.

GRID = FAIL :)

If you read the guidelines for this forum, you'd see that it clearly says "no trolling". :rolleyes:

I will never be able to look past the horrifying handling, but the graphics are astounding.

Running at 1920x1200 - Everything maxed out, even AA ( 16XQCSAA ) - Only getting around 40 FPS :(

Very nice. Screenshots? :D

Turn the driving assists off and see if that improves the handling. I didn't find it bad at all.

I didn't find the handling all that bad..

Runs ultra settings on my 9600GT at 1440x900, 4x aa, vsync pretty damn good looking game.

Yep, the handling seemed fine to me. I actually like it.

Honestly though, the demo already makes me want to buy the full version. I think I'm going to buy a Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel just for GRID.

best drift game ever though, I haven't even tried the rest of it. They should just name This DriFt :D

gogo the 1920x1200 :D and xbox controller!!

Very nice. Screenshots? :D

Turn the driving assists off and see if that improves the handling. I didn't find it bad at all.

Yep, the handling seemed fine to me. I actually like it.

I have turned driving assists off, first thing i did. The handling is still a joke and worse then I've come to expect from an Arcade game.

I did actually install FRAPS last night to get some screenshots, but they all looked very weird, like the colors were washed out or they had been burned slightly.

Gotta try again tonight.

I have turned driving assists off, first thing i did. The handling is still a joke and worse then I've come to expect from an Arcade game.

I did actually install FRAPS last night to get some screenshots, but they all looked very weird, like the colors were washed out or they had been burned slightly.

Gotta try again tonight.

I'm sorry to hear that. The handling is great for me. A game that had really bad handling (and performance) was Need for Speed ProStreet. EA games should learn a thing or two from Codemasters when it comes to hardware optimizations and car handling. Anyway, I'll try to take some high quality screenshots too.

i cant wait for the full game to come out im actully going to put ?35 on a game gift card on friday to get it on the day it comes out

Edited by Unimatrix Xero

But why should I buy a "new" controller when the Logitech Rumblepad2 is new enough? And SHOULD be supported? I don't have money falling out of my ears. Bad Codemasters, bad *shakes finger*.

i cant wait for the full game to come out im actully going to put ?35 on a game gift card on friday to get it on the day it comes out

Why not just go in with cash?:ss

But why should I buy a "new" controller when the Logitech Rumblepad2 is new enough? And SHOULD be supported? I don't have money falling out of my ears. Bad Codemasters, bad *shakes finger*.

yeah it is annoying but i think you might find this happens more and more with racing games. it seems they are made for the 360 controller, at least once you have it you know that all games will support. plus it has analog accelerate and brake which is good to have.

Why not just go in with cash? :s

yeah, i didn't get that either lol

Naughty Matrix Xero might spend the money otherwise :p If it's on the card he can't spend it

Why not just go in with cash? :s

because i wont have the money for when it comes out, i will only have the cash in friday (touch wood) so to stop me spending it im gonna put it on a game giftcard and forget about it for a week or so LOL

I was playing yesterday and I damaged the left side of my car so much that it influenced my steering. I had to hold "D" which is my right key to keep the car straight. Letting go of it sent me turning to the left. :laugh:

hey Anaron keep a look out for my playing online tonight after 11pm GMT my racing name is the same as my Neowin name, i normall do the Touring Cars

hey Anaron keep a look out for my playing online tonight after 11pm GMT my racing name is the same as my Neowin name, i normall do the Touring Cars

I'll check it out right now.

EDIT: It's pretty much impossible to know whose who. All the games have the same name, and most state that the slots are 11/12 but when you try to join it says something like "Failed to join session". The first game I did manage to join was short. I was banned within 15 seconds of joining the lobby.

Edited by Anaron

the banning thing sucks, the most people we had was 4 racers and two deceded to go in reverse and take people out i just wish there was a reporting tool like XBL to ban them for good

In between? It's worse than Arcade, the way the cars handle, the way the camera pivots around when you spin around - This feels wrong and out of place.

damn, it's a waste of that damage model. i've yet to play the demo, only seen videos which looked great