official GRID PC specs

you have vista right?

you have to go into the games explorer and copy the shortcut to desktop.

yea i was going to say that lol i love the vista games folder

I just tried the demo and was pretty impressed. I have barely over minimum specs with a AMD 3000+ at 2.4ghz, 1gig of ram and an overclocked 7800GT and it ran perfectly smooth with settings on high and with the highest res possible.

can someone tell me how to drift in this game- cuz everytimg i end up pressing the handbrake it starts to drift on the corner-but then oversteers and i end up in the wall.. and i cant seem to, for the life of me- run a drift from one corner to the other...

im getting frustrated.!!

btw im using a xbox pad on pc.

you have vista right?

you have to go into the games explorer and copy the shortcut to desktop.

I do and I realised I could do that yesterday, never used the Games Explorer before.

Excellent game, the handling is weird but you get used to it.

It is one of the best arcade racing games i have played, right when things are getting too repetitive, they throw you F1 Races, or Le Mans 24 hours, etc, im enjoying it a lot.... the F1 races are awesome.

In Le Mans 24 hours, it actually turns to night while you are playing, its something so simple that no other racing game does, and it feels awesome, your headlights turn on, its just awesome. :)

My only gripe with the game is the music... but i can put Winamp in the background with something else :)

can someone tell me how to drift in this game- cuz everytimg i end up pressing the handbrake it starts to drift on the corner-but then oversteers and i end up in the wall.. and i cant seem to, for the life of me- run a drift from one corner to the other...

im getting frustrated.!!

btw im using a xbox pad on pc.

don't accelerate all the way. you have to dose your acceleration once you're sideways to keep yourself from going back to normal position and also from spinning.

Excellent game, the handling is weird but you get used to it.

It is one of the best arcade racing games i have played, right when things are getting too repetitive, they throw you F1 Races, or Le Mans 24 hours, etc, im enjoying it a lot.... the F1 races are awesome.

In Le Mans 24 hours, it actually turns to night while you are playing, its something so simple that no other racing game does, and it feels awesome, your headlights turn on, its just awesome. :)

My only gripe with the game is the music... but i can put Winamp in the background with something else :)

Exactly how arcade is it? NFS arcade or Burnout arcade or Trackmania arcade or ToCA arcade?

Recently downloaded the demo but I'm having a problem, when it asks to create a new profile I click yes to create a new save point but I get a display saying game save error, and so I cant even get passed the menu to start the demo. Any ideas what might cause this?

Exactly how arcade is it? NFS arcade or Burnout arcade or Trackmania arcade or ToCA arcade?

It's a bit like NFS Carbon.

Got a question, saw my friend playing the Le Mans part and noticed there was no fuel gauge or tire wear, is this correct? If so, that's really, really lame.

Yes, that is correct - normal damage applies as usual.

I love the R34 Nismo Skyline :wub:

Radish?

I suck! How do you keep the car on the road?

Every track there's a little sand or grass on the sides I'm spinning like crazy. I didn't manage to finish one race in the time i needed to. When i need to finish a lap in 1:39 in takes me 2:00 minimum. Any tips?

This is ridiculous. My system can't run the demo for this game - why? My specs aren't top notch, but they're not laughable in the slightest.

2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6550

2 GB RAM

NVidia 512MB 8600 GS

22" Monitor (1680x1050 native res)

Windows Vista

And yet, the only thing that will make the demo go at any credible frame rate is everything on absolutely lowest (custom lowest, not lowest preset setting), which looks absolutely awful and unplayable. Is this because of the demo, or because of my Rig? I know I don't reach the reccomend specs, but clearly I'm well above the minimum specs. Any suggestions?

This is ridiculous. My system can't run the demo for this game - why? My specs aren't top notch, but they're not laughable in the slightest.

2 GB RAM

NVidia 512MB 8600 GS

Windows Vista

And yet, the only thing that will make the demo go at any credible frame rate is everything on absolutely lowest (custom lowest, not lowest preset setting), which looks absolutely awful and unplayable. Is this because of the demo, or because of my Rig? I know I don't reach the reccomend specs, but clearly I'm well above the minimum specs. Any suggestions?

That system should be able to run it well in medium detail. No idea why not :s Got the latest drivers for your hardware?

2 GB RAM

NVidia 512MB 8600 GS

Windows Vista

I'd bet it's the low endish 8600gs + 22 inch resolution.

Just got the full version of this. Runs significantly smoother than the demo. I had no problem with the handing of the two cars in the demo, but I am having a ridiculous time with any cars but the muscle cars in the full game (hopefully getting an xbox controller will help) They just spin out far too easily making some races nearly impossible, for some reason the only cars I don't spin out in are the muscle cars which doesn't make much sense because they are rear drive beasts.

i just wanna drift and thats all, but how to you win cars to use in the Race Day section? My guess is you have to play the world tour or whatever its call to win cars. Ive done heaps of other team racing events.

Picked the game up yesters and so far am really enjoying it, tho im using the 360 controller. Couldnt imagine trying to steer without it

An Ultra HQ modified files pack was posted on SA by IcemanZero

Here is my Ultra High Pack. Visible Objects are maxed out, so are shadows and some AA. Just overwrite with your configuration. Start the game choose your resolution, everything should work fine. (BACKUP YOUR OWN FILES)

http://rapidshare.com/files/119545488/Ultr...h_Full.rar.html

Here are some pp changes (lighting etc) for the tracks.

http://rapidshare.com/files/119546867/ModV2.rar.html

config for POS systems on its way

Edit: Performance Pack for the "lower" end systems

http://rapidshare.com/files/119547139/Performance.rar.html

There's a definite improvement with the Ultra Quality Graphics! just look at how nice this looks:

UHQ01.jpg

UHQ02.jpg

UHQ03.jpg

UHQ04.jpg

UHQ05.jpg

UHQ06.jpg

UHQ07.jpg

UHQ08.jpg

1920x1200 no performance hit!

Also in motion it seems smoother! the Shibuya Drift level in particular is butter smooth, so smooth and slick that if you were say back you'd think you were watching it live on TV !

Nice Shots mrk.

I am amased at how well this runs. I tried out the demo on the 360 and enjoyed it, I then realised it was a ton cheaper on the PC. I ws expecting it not to run that well with details maxed out on my lcd, but I was wrong. Just goes to show what a bit of care in the coding can do. NFS pro street runs like a dog on my rig, EA could learn a few things from codemasters.

I'm running the game at 720p resolution with everything on ultra, using he 360 controller.

Pure smoothness!