official GRID PC specs

The setting I am using in the nvidia control panel for grid is 16xaf and everything else is the in game settings. It seems to be using it.

well as normal its out if you know where to look :(

im going to wait for the steam release, which has been confirmed

WOO my copy just dropped onto my door mat!! installed and had a quick blast the game autosets to 1680x1050 with everything on either high or ultra, no vsync atm but the game is even smoother than the demo and is really really good!!!! 10/10

To all Logitech Cordless Rumblepad? 2b> owners !!!

Just to let you guys know, there are problems with the Logitech Rumblepad 2 that we're aware of. I've posted here explaining the problem, and I've mentioned there that it will be fixed in a patch.

I think now is a good time to also mention that we're adding full support for the Logitech Rumblepad 2 in the patch aswell, so there will be a default setup, and you'll be able to control the menus too.

Source

codies hasnt release a release date for steam as yet but since they havnt said anything im guessing its the same as the official release date, also no mention of price either

I got it today :)

I love it! it made me realise how important analogue throttle and brake levers are though so will buy a 360pad for it shortly :p

Runs amazing on my machine (q6600 8800gt vista32 4gb ram) at 1920x1200 max settings with 4xFSAA. I get an average of 45fps or more with Vsync enabled, very smooth.

http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/games/GRID/ is where my screenshots are stored and I have a video up too showing the replay function which is pretty neat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6a9doSmwA

How is everyone getting the game so early? I checked out a couple of stores and they are getting it on the 5th of June.

Oh right, I forgot Codemasters was a British video game developer. I hope STEAM gets it earlier than North America.

just had a session online and if you want a clean race then look fo ranked games, ok you still get the odd bang and nudge, but its a little cleaner than a normal non ranked game

I watched some of the gameplay videos of GRID and was quite impressed with the visuals. It seems it has an arcade feel to it like Need for Speed: Carbon. Everyone seems to be complaining about the controls. How bad are the controls really compared to the past two games from the NFS series and DiRT?

personally i find the controls fine, i think most people where expecting a sim and they got an arcade, so they are a little swore

I watched some of the gameplay videos of GRID and was quite impressed with the visuals. It seems it has an arcade feel to it like Need for Speed: Carbon. Everyone seems to be complaining about the controls. How bad are the controls really compared to the past two games from the NFS series and DiRT?

It's a combination of a lot of things.

The turning seems very 'soft', like driving a bag of marshmallows, not a heavy car.

Also you tend to drift a lot and the camera angles in the turns are crappy at best, so overall you feel

like you are driving a shopping cart with a camera man trying to follow you.

Most Arcade racers I've played, the controls have been very firm and responsive, this just seems 'wrong'.

But some people love it, so I guess It's just a matter of downloading the demo and trying it out.

Nice game, i like it so far.

I'm kinda new to racing games, do you use the hand break in regular courses? (cause i don't - maybe i can improve my turns..)

It is too aracdey i think to give you these real cars to race around in. PGR4 gave you the right blend of sim and arcade racing. I was hoping for something like that with GRID but instead we got Ridge Racer.

Everything else about the game is brilliant, graphics, presentation and sound. Just the handling is terrible and ruins any fun you'll have from the game.

I wonder if someone will post some unofficial patch to adjust the handling... or maybe an official patch if possible.

Other than that, a great driving game. 7.5/10.

I ended up getting it from HMV as it's still not on Steam, runs better then the demo on my rig.

One minor annoyance is that the install didn't create a start menu shortcut so I had to fart about creating my own.

I ended up getting it from HMV as it's still not on Steam, runs better then the demo on my rig.

One minor annoyance is that the install didn't create a start menu shortcut so I had to fart about creating my own.

you have vista right?

you have to go into the games explorer and copy the shortcut to desktop.