official GRID PC specs

the banning thing sucks, the most people we had was 4 racers and two deceded to go in reverse and take people out i just wish there was a reporting tool like XBL to ban them for good

Yep. I hope they improve the online aspect of the game. I've noticed alot of "crashers" while I spectator for a couple of games.

tbh im suprised i can max this game out with my current rig, the game set all settings to Medium but i cant really see any changes between medium and high/ultra

I have to agree with the group that says the handling in this game goes beyond bad. Wooo... never had less control over my vehicle.

tbh im suprised i can max this game out with my current rig, the game set all settings to Medium but i cant really see any changes between medium and high/ultra

Ditto to the max my friend. I just left it on medium for the extra fps. I can see myself playing it day and night with a nice PC steering wheel.

preordered my copy from play.com this evening, games website wouldnt take my order and customer services where closed so play.com got my order

Nice. I'll preorder my copy as soon as I add some money to my PayPal account. :p

Official Car and track listings

Cars:

DALLARA FORMULA 3

FJ 1000

BMW 320si

CHEVROLET CORVETTE C5-R

CHEVROLET CORVETTE C6-R

CHEVROLET CAMARO CONCEPT

CHEVROLET LACETTI

MAZDA 787B

MAZDA RX-7 FD3S

TOYOTA SUPRA

TOYOTA COROLLA GT-S (AE86)

TOYOTA SOARER (JZZ30)

SUBARU IMPREZA

PONTIAC GTO

NISSAN 350Z

NISSAN SILVIA

NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R Z-TUNE

NISSAN R390 GT-1

TVR TUSCAN CHALLENGE

PORSCHE 911 GT3 RSR

PANOZ ESPERANTE

SPYKER C8 SPYDER

LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO RGT

ASTON MARTIN DBR9

SALEEN S7R

COURAGE C65

COURAGE LC70

LOLA B05/40

LOLA B06/10

FORD MUSTANG GT-R CONCEPT

FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302

DORAN RACING JE4

DODGE VIPER SRT10

MOPAR DODGE CHARGER SRT8 DRIFT

DODGE CHALLENGER CONCEPT

KOENIGSEGG CCXR

KOENIGSEGG CCGT

PAGANI ZONDA R

AUDI R10 TDI

CREATION CA06/H-JUDD

JUPITER EAGLERAY MK5

HONDA NSX-R

PLYMOUTH AAR 'CUDA

tracks:

Circuito del Jarama

N?rburgring GP circuit

Donington Park

Istanbul Park

Milan

Le Mans

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

Okutama Grand Circuit

Yokohama Docks

Shibuya

Mount Haruna

San Francisco

Washington DC

Detroit

Long Beach

Remember, every track has multiple configurations

Installed the demo, my PC is mid-spec ran the game great. Very surprised and impressed.

Pre-ordered this game, it's great fun. Even with my keyboard.

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It turns out that Logitech have created this rumblepad with the capability to have a Constant Force effect created on it (which is daft really, because there's no force feedback, just vibration). Anyway, this caused the game to think it was a wheel, which causes twitchy handling and the issue you've reported. A fix has now been made for this, so that it handles as a pad, and this will hopefully make it's way into a patch soon after release.

:D

good news for all you steam lovers, Codemasters have confirmed tha GRID is coming to steam, but at the moment, they wont say how much, in the UK you can get a boxed version for around ?25ish (online) so it will be interesting to see how much codies ask valve to charge

My Anti-Virus is going nuts over the GRID.exe :/

367GRIDVirus.png

Fourth time it popped up during a Spyware scan

I think that is more of an issue with SAS and NOD32, I have already fired off an email to both companies as I have had the issue (with other exe's namely Fable and ET:QW) since upgrading to ESS 3.0.657 yesterday.

When you say other .exe files, you mean something like this?

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=638454

This just started happening for me, with tons of different files, also .dll files.

Added reply in that thread in order to keep this thread clean, if a mod needs to prune these replies, then please do so :)

Nice demo. Very smooth performance on my PC - looks like they took DiRT's engine and optimized it a bit. (Y)

(Quick specs: CPU is Core 2 Q6600, GPU is XFX 8800 GT XXX (with a very small overclock), there's 2 GB of DDR2-800 RAM, motherboard is GA-P35C-DS3R, and testing OS is XP SP3. Driver set is the XTreme-G Forceware 175.63.)

Settings:

bf624c5665ce919e7c7d5340956453803g.jpg6c6f548a37777068af93b47afc0959be3g.jpg

In-game shot:

1ad5cbfdea2647cb4fc766d0aa66b74d4g.jpg

FPS count usually hits my Vsync cap of 60. Without it, it can hit 70 but usually not beyond that. The lowest is about 47 FPS. Switching the CPU's priority also boosted FPS by a small amount.

Would be a great game online if it weren't for some dumbass in nearly every race totaling half the cars on the first turn.

:whistle:

66684ca6a034e1690edbf6bdaf7455a72g.jpg8f8224c8733b9745d6f0c5a698c3f3172g.jpg41f3056cbc5688bf9b75c684118d35ca2g.jpg7a2a4bdaff2faf693244a2529d3be9d32g.jpg

(don't worry, it's all offline. Replay controls are freaking sweet in this game.)

haha nice shots :) the replay's are sweet as hell. I play it at the same settings but with 4x aa on my pc and it plays perfectly smooth, the game is pretty well optimized.

If anyone else is using the Nvidia control panel or Ati's counterpart to set things like anti-aliasing etc, is the Grid demo using your settings? I'm having to set things up in Grids graphic options as it's not using what I select in the Nvidia control panel, it's set to overwrite applications too :/